INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My recent experience with Dengue Fever in Ajijic

+6
CheenaGringo
Trailrunner
Rolly
E-raq
Axixic
shmiller
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My recent experience with Dengue Fever in Ajijic - Page 2 Empty Re: My recent experience with Dengue Fever in Ajijic

Post by Axixic Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:57 pm

gringal wrote:Please let us know when you find something that will work on the dengue skeeter.

A 2006 Field Evaluation of Bacillus thuringiensis against Aedes mosquitoes showed a percentage of reduction
between 80 to 100% (source: PDF File)

So I think I will pack my "mosquito dunks" and hope to find a local source when they are used up.

Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

My recent experience with Dengue Fever in Ajijic - Page 2 Empty Re: My recent experience with Dengue Fever in Ajijic

Post by E-raq Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Axixic wrote:
gringal wrote:Please let us know when you find something that will work on the dengue skeeter.

A 2006 Field Evaluation of Bacillus thuringiensis against Aedes mosquitoes showed a percentage of reduction
between 80 to 100% (source: PDF File)

So I think I will pack my "mosquito dunks" and hope to find a local source when they are used up.

Thanks Axixic. You will definitely find a local source, no doubt about it. Very smart move. Very Happy
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:37 pm

Really? I remember threads here or elsewhere over the years asking about those things too and in the end nobody knew where they could find any locally. Even HD in Guad. . . That was a while ago, maybe now they're available. Pancho is pretty good about getting something if people will buy it.

Cloro didn't work for me in my old fountain either.

Gringal, LOVED the little birdies waiting their turn for pool plunge with their towels over their wings. lol
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:56 pm

We had a "fountain" at our home in San Pancho on the coast...definitely more mosquitos around there than here. We treated the fountain exactly the same as the pool...used granular, stabilized pool chlorine in it. Checked the level every couple of days and added more as needed. About a teaspoon full every three to four days or so. No mosquitoes and safe for the dog.
Regular bottled chlorine is not stabilized and will disappear in a matter of hours in the sun.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2