INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doesn't matter where you are...

+16
johninajijic
hound dog
borderreiver
espíritu del lago
CheenaGringo
merry
RoofBob
E-raq
Smartalex
slainte39
MexicoPete
manymoonsago
jackak10
Southbound
Grizzy
ferret
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Doesn't matter where you are... Empty Doesn't matter where you are...

Post by ferret Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:56 pm

The world's gone nuts...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/shots-fired-torontos-eatons-centre-media-reports-225942578.html

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Doesn't matter where you are... Empty Re: Doesn't matter where you are...

Post by Grizzy Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:13 pm

Yup. Pick your insanity.
I am sticking with mine. (Lakeside)
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Me too!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Southbound Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:23 pm

ferret wrote:The world's gone nuts...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/shots-fired-torontos-eatons-centre-media-reports-225942578.html

That is so different from what happened a month ago at Lakeside. Maybe you have a car and you don't walk around the village? You really need to read this article and get your facts straight:

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/05/drug-war-ghosts.html

I think it's fine that you have all decided to stay in Ajijic, but don't muddy the waters and tell people that a small village of 3,000 inhabitants is "just like Toronto". It is not. Crime is worse in the small village of 3,000 inhabitants. I lived and worked in Toronto for more than twenty years and never did I see 37 people snatched from the street, with 18 people chain-sawed and placed in a heap inside of a van.

It is different.

Last edited by Southbound on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Southbound

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Southbound wrote:
ferret wrote:The world's gone nuts...

That is so different from what happened a month ago at Lakeside. Maybe you have a car and you don't walk around the village? You really need to read this article and get your facts straight:

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/05/drug-war-ghosts.html

I think it's fine that you have all decided to stay in Ajijic, but don't muddy the waters and tell people that a small village of 3,000 inhabitants is "just like Toronto". It is not. Crime is worse in the small village of 3,000 inhabitants. I lived and worked in Toronto for more than twenty years and never did I see 37 people snatched from the street, with 18 people chain-sawed and placed in a heap inside of a van.

It is different.

Prepared to be flamed.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Southbound Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:38 pm

I'm waiting. usually I'm ignored. People can't type when they have sand in their eyes...pulling your head out of that hole takes a lot effort.

I just don't like misinformation being spread like a truth. We can talk stats if you like.

Toronto murder rate (2010) = 85 (city of 4 million) =pretty safe city (from wikipedia):

Crime in Toronto has been relatively low for a very long period of time; the low crime rate in Toronto has resulted in the city having a reputation as one of the safest large cities in North America. Recent data from Statistics Canada shows that crime has been falling steadily in Toronto's census metropolitan area since 1998, a total drop of 33% for all crimes reported between the period of 1998–2008.[1]
For comparisons to various cities in North America, in 2007 for example, the homicide rate for the city of Toronto was 3.3 per 100,000 people, yet for Detroit (33.8), Atlanta (19.7), Chicago (15.5), San Francisco (13.6), Boston (10.3) and New York City (6.3) it was higher, while it was only marginally lower in Vancouver (3.1), San Jose (2.9) and Montreal (2.6). Toronto's robbery rate also ranks low, with 207.1 robberies per 100,000 people, compared to Detroit (675.1), Chicago (588.6), Los Angeles (348.5), Vancouver (266.2), New York City (265.9), Montreal (235.3) and San Diego (158.8).[2][3][4][5][6][7]

Southbound

Back to top Go down

Post by Southbound Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Of course you wouldn't want this info public!

I am so glad I don't live here anymore. Someone will get killed from not knowing the truth..on their way to rib night..LOL

Southbound

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:18 pm

Try not to put words in somebody else's mouth Southbound. I did not compare Ajijic to Toronto...YOU did.
I merely implied that you can't get away from violence these days. It's worldwide. You can post all the statistics available on the internet and it won't make a difference.
The post was intended to make people think. What the hell is going on? Are we just hearing about it more quickly through the media? Was it always there but we just didn't know? Are video games, television shows etc. making humans less tolerant, more violent, insensitive?
Even you had quite an over reaction to a relatively benign post...?????
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:24 am

Ferret: Good post and good points. Thanks.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:26 am

Come on Southbound, you know that Toronto (pronounced Toranta, sometimes Toranna) is much smaller than 4 million, and besides it's a suburb of Mississauga. Check it out on Google. Things have changed

In fact, HAZEL McCALLION, C.M., LL.D. and Mayor of Mississauga has stated that Canada, and soon the rest of the world will know this to be true and that soon the TV stations will stop talking about GTA, because the major city there, now, is Mississauga, the weather stations will refer to the area of Mississauga and and it's suburbs including Toranta (Toronto) as GMA.

Sure some of the older retirement community will deny this, but look at all of the Canadian and world companies that have moved their HQ from other cities in Canada to Mississauga. Like Microsoft for example. Sorry, I’m straying from the topic. But it’s been so long since many of us have been in school and many haven’t followed how the geography has changed in Ontario.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:50 am

Where did this figure of 3,000 inhabitants come from? Even the sign entering Ajijic says about 4 times that many people alone in Ajijic by the official census count last year and we all know they missed a lot of people who were away at the time of the census.
It is estimated by almost everyone that the total population of North Shore Chapala, from Jocotepec to Mezcala is about a 100,000 people.
The crime/kidnapping/murder spree by the cartel affected and was perpetrated on all the communities on the North Shore, not just Ajijic.
Don't mind your opinion, but disagree with some of your facts.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:13 am

I hear ya, ferret.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:20 pm

Jeeeeeebussss. Guess where I'm heading this summer? One of our serious activities is going to be shopping for our youngest, now 13. Well I guess there's little doubt now that despite statistics, downtown Toronto is not only perceived to be more dangerous than it was, but it more than likely IS more dangerous.

Thanks Ferret, I guess other than the four trips we absolutely have to make into the High Park area, we'll be cutting a pretty wide swath around the city.
Those invites to Muskoka are looking real good about now. Think I'll be making a few calls and taking people up on their offers. Power shopping will take place in Mississauga and points west.

Meanwhile, since I have already been inundated by the usual when are you moving back "home" questions, and even more insistent demands that we move "home" immediately, I'm thinking I'm going to have a bit easier time of it now. In fact our most ardent detractors about the move to Mexico years ago, were pretty freaked out about what was going on near their house at the moment.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:57 pm

E-raq, is your youngest a prince or princess?
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:19 pm

RoofBob wrote:E-raq, is your youngest a prince or princess?

She is a princess, thanks for asking RoofBob. Of course this makes shopping a far more intensive experience. Lot's of planning, hours of being a mall rat, and the ability to say no to certain unfortunate fashion choices which may come back to haunt the princess in future years.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Southbound wrote:Of course you wouldn't want this info public!

I am so glad I don't live here anymore. Someone will get killed from not knowing the truth..on their way to rib night..LOL

Southbound,

Of course this info is obviously already public.

We are so glad you don't live here anymore too! And if someone doesn't get killed on their way to rib night... they might die afterwards of cardiac arrest.

MWOAAHHHHH!!!!!

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:40 pm

merry wrote:

Southbound,

We are so glad you don't live here anymore too! And if someone doesn't get killed on their way to rib night... they might die afterwards of cardiac arrest.

MWOAAHHHHH!!!!!

Merry
Note to Southbound:

Told you you would be flamed for voicing your opinion. Another absolutely unnecessary comment from Merry.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:49 pm

A question: if you were a resident of Toronto (substitute any NOB city or town) and woke up to what happened at the mall - would you be attempting to justify or rationalize by comparing to a city or town in Mexico? Probably not because you probably wouldn't know much of anything about a specific city or town in Mexico. I know in our case, we might compare Albuquerque with El Paso or Tucson but not a city in Mexico or Kansas City, KS/MO or Columbus, OH or Buffalo, NY. Do you think Pete took a look at what happened in Seattle and compared that incident to life at Lake Chapala?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:50 pm

jackak10 wrote:
merry wrote:

Southbound,

MWOAAHHHHH!!!!!

Merry
Note to Southbound:
Told you you would be flamed for voicing your opinion. Another absolutely unnecessary comment from Merry.

Note to Jacka**:

You asked for it, you got it. I do believe it was necessary. These little armchair commentators telling us how terrible it is in paradise. Worrying about terrorists gonna kill you while you choke down another artery-clogging rib that is about 157,000% more likely to kill you.

Yep, it's just awful all over here! Horrible, really. Stay away, whatever you do, please. Add some padded bedrails while you are at it, you are far more likely to fall out of bed and die than be attacked by terrorists.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:01 pm

merry wrote:
jackak10 wrote:
merry wrote:

Southbound,

MWOAAHHHHH!!!!!

Merry
Note to Southbound:

Note to Jacka**:

You asked for it, you got it. I do believe it was necessary. These little armchair commentators telling us how terrible it is in paradise. Worrying about terrorists gonna kill you while you choke down another artery-clogging rib that is about 157,000% more likely to kill you.

Yep, it's just awful all over here! Horrible, really. Stay away, whatever you do, please. Add some padded bedrails while you are at it, you are far more likely to fall out of bed and die than be attacked by terrorists.

Merry
It's necessary to say, "We are so glad you don't live here anymore too!"? What a sad, pathetic, mean-spirited person you are.

Now, go ahead and flame away. It's what you do best.

Note to Jacka**:?? That's just childish.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Jackack declared:
> What a sad, pathetic, mean-spirited person you are.
> Now, go ahead and flame away. It's what you do best.

My original post to Southbound on this topic contained the following:

>>>>>MWOAAHHHHH!!!!!

Now, in all the books I've ever read on the subject, which are vast, MWHOAHHHHH!!!!! is defined as a form of teasing and fun. (Of course there are many accepted alternate spellings).

Perhaps you missed that part, even though it WAS all in capital letters for the reading-challenged.

Life is too short to take things seriously. I do not take anything you say as serious. Just rather sad, like a depressed person who looks for the worst thing possible to reply about. I am sorry that your life is so miserable.

Merry <-- there's a reason for that name

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Merry I've had one too many so I will only joke around, I learned that from my good friend proraider.

All I can say Merry is, when I first read the name above as Jackack, I misread it as well.

No I will make no serious comments tonight, but I'm about to have my last rum and diet Coke. Have a great evening all.

Something’s wrong, the sun's out in Seattle. And I have a confession to make to Neil. The reason I went to the Apple store, was to buy my first iPad, the new iPad.

However, when sober Monday I will deny I made this post :)
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Pete, I can hardly wait for your comments as a NEW ipad user. We'd never had an apple product before and I just about tore my hair out getting the thing up and running. You may have an "up" on us because of your iphones...they're supposed to be intuitive and logical...my ass!
Please, let us know your experience.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:29 pm

So far so good except for transferring my photos. They double loaded about 3/4 of them and have used up a lot of memory. I have the smallest memory package "16" on my iPad.

I'm having a hard time getting rid of the double copies, but I have plenty of time to learn. And if I have a problem, I can always go back to the Apple store and get my free introduction, something I haven't done yet
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Update, photo problem taken care of. One nice thing is much of what I have learned about my iPhone applies to my iPad. But there's a lot left to learn from the on screen instruction manual.

Hey wait a second. This is the crime section. I shall stop writing about my new iPad. But I had to make this post so I would have 80 posts making me a shareholder. Sorry about that
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next