INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live Chapala Malecon and lake view web site!

+4
RoofBob
David
CheenaGringo
oncesubtle
8 posters

Go down

Live Chapala Malecon and lake view web site! Empty Live Chapala Malecon and lake view web site!

Post by oncesubtle Sat May 26, 2012 4:53 pm

If you go to the following web site, http://www.hotelvillasanfrancisco.com/eng_2/interior/index_2.php you will get a nice live view of the Chapala malecon and lake compliments of the Hotel Villa San Francisco where the camera is located.

(When you get to the home page just click the white X at the top of the page to eliminate the promo, then click on the camera eye at the top right side of their home page and enjoy.)
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Live Chapala Malecon and lake view web site! Empty Re: Live Chapala Malecon and lake view web site!

Post by CheenaGringo Sat May 26, 2012 5:34 pm

It is great to finally see a web cam that shows the Lake and the malecon! It will certainly be fun to see the rain roll in as soon as the rainy season starts.

Speaking of the Chapala Malecon, TripAdvisor (claims to be the largest travel site in the world) but they cannot seem to get the Chapala Malecon right: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g2371486-d152503-Reviews-Chapala_Malecon-Chapala_Pacific_Coast.html
As pointed out by the first reviewer, the first photo and many others are of the Puerto Vallarta Malecon along with many of the reviews. I have been fighting with TripAdvisor for almost a year to get this corrected without success.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Live Chapala Malecon and lake view web site! Empty Re: Live Chapala Malecon and lake view web site!

Post by David Sat May 26, 2012 6:29 pm

I just looked at it. The video is dated 16 May at 21:40+hrs. Maybe not live.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Sat May 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Good find David. Obviously the time stamp is not set as it now says 22:06:43 and obviously it isn't after 10 p.m.. Fortunately we have reservations to spend the night there tomorrow night and hopefully I will have the opportunity to speak to the owners. I wanted to interview them anyway for inclusion on our referrals list and the way things are looking they may take over the #1 spot in Chapala.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat May 26, 2012 8:24 pm

That would be great!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sat May 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Oncesubtle. Looking forward to your review of the place. Hope you enjoy urselves. Would be great if there was a thingy on this page that we could clic on to access that webcam.How bout it Cbob internet guru?
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat May 26, 2012 8:51 pm

David wrote:I just looked at it. The video is dated 16 May at 21:40+hrs. Maybe not live.

There are three clouds in the pic and three clouds in the sky right now. Do the math.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 26, 2012 8:57 pm

I put a link at the top of the homepage but it will only give you a snapshot when you click the link. It isn't live like theirs unless you keep refreshing it.........

RB, maybe you could see if they are OK with this? Let them know it is free advertising since their name is at the top of the picture.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat May 26, 2012 9:00 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I put a link at the top of the homepage but it will only give you a snapshot when you click the link. It isn't live like theirs unless you keep refreshing it.........

RB, maybe you could see if they are OK with this? Let them know it is free advertising since their name is at the top of the picture.

VEE HAFF OUR VAYS!!! http://www.hotelvillasanfrancisco.com/livecam_final.html

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Well Muchos Gracias Merry. Problem solved and I adjusted the redirection URL on the link accordingly.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sat May 26, 2012 9:06 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I put a link at the top of the homepage but it will only give you a snapshot when you click the link. It isn't live like theirs unless you keep refreshing it.........

Roger dodger Fearless, I be on it manana. flag waver
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat May 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Too soon to ask which room you'll be staying in? Maybe you're feeling like a star? I checked it out w/another business owner one afternoon just after they'd opened & all but the hollywood room had been completed but it was near completion. I was impressed with the place. Very tastefully done. Enjoy your stay. Hope you feel pampered...I know roofbob is the pampered type, hehe
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Mon May 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Completely renovated and upgraded 1900's mansion complete with high quality furnishing and landscaping located on Ramona Corona just across the street from the malecon. The rooms are elegantly appointed, ours with a queen sized bed, built in wide screen t.v and radio, etc.. A classy, beautiful place inside and out. Another big deal here is the location. Owner lives off site and the manager took the day off leaving one desk person and a couple of maids.

Downsides: No parking on site. Staff will park your car in a long term lot nearby costing 50 pesos but I wonder the hours as the lot is not open 7/24. Also 2 hard wooden chairs in the room at a small table made for a rather uncomfortable evening watching t.v..

We will recommend it with those qualifications. QQ remains #1 B&B in Chapala and our favorite lakeside is Tres Leones in Ajijic.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down