INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajijic is Very Quiet.....Driving from West Ajijic to Super L.ake....Few Cars

+14
Luisa
Mainecoons
MexicoPete
Rosa Venus
Trailrunner
simpsca
Smartalex
Jim W
Intercasa
Chapalagringa
CanuckBob
merry
gringal
johninajijic
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ajijic is Very Quiet.....Driving from West Ajijic to Super L.ake....Few Cars - Page 2 Empty Re: Ajijic is Very Quiet.....Driving from West Ajijic to Super L.ake....Few Cars

Post by CheenaGringo Sat May 26, 2012 11:16 am

I am beginning to wonder if there is an alternative universe in Ajijic? At virtually the same times mentioned by John, a friend had to go from Riberas to La Floresta and back to Riberas twice and his experience was the direct opposite with heavy traffic. Maybe he was just driving in that alternate universe?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ajijic is Very Quiet.....Driving from West Ajijic to Super L.ake....Few Cars - Page 2 Empty Re: Ajijic is Very Quiet.....Driving from West Ajijic to Super L.ake....Few Cars

Post by merry Sat May 26, 2012 11:20 am

I think it's just May vacation quiet. If someone came here who had only been here in December, yes, this is an alternate universe.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat May 26, 2012 11:40 am

yep, May is a slow month but this year is creepy-quiet.

Last night we went to the movies, the 8:30 ish show...we were 1 of 2 couples in the theater.

We saw "Battleship" , which despite some cheesy lines and a poor actor or two, was a very fun and really GREAT film...loved it....and the music was awesome.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that if you are out late, and these days "late" is anytime after 8:00....please consider offering rides home to staff members especially if it is closing time. This is a real problem right now.
We are friends with MovieSpace manager, Marta, and she asked us if we would give a ride to 2 young men to Chapala and follow a car with 2 young female workers (who are terrified to be on the road at night) to ensure their safe arrival home in Riberas . We were glad to do it and only wish we had thought to offer before we were asked.
Marta told us that the taxis won't even come after 7:30.
Our passengers were very grateful.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat May 26, 2012 11:57 am

CheenaGringo wrote:I am beginning to wonder if there is an alternative universe in Ajijic? At virtually the same times mentioned by John, a friend had to go from Riberas to La Floresta and back to Riberas twice and his experience was the direct opposite with heavy traffic. Maybe he was just driving in that alternate universe?

I don't understand your post. Do you mean a friend of yours or a friend of mine???
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat May 26, 2012 12:00 pm

Just accept the possibility of alternate universes, Grasshopper. Let it flow through you unimpeded.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat May 26, 2012 12:32 pm

merry wrote:Just accept the possibility of alternate universes, Grasshopper. Let it flow through you unimpeded.

Merry

Yep, Cheenagringo lives in an alternate universe from Lakeside called ABQ, NM.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat May 26, 2012 12:36 pm

Alternate universe? Get behind a garbage truck and it's like NYC at rush hour. It turns and everybody's home free.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat May 26, 2012 12:53 pm

John:
I wasn't arguing with your assessment but rather I found it interesting that someone out at the same time as you found a totally differing situation. I would say that you were lucky and he wasn't.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat May 26, 2012 5:48 pm

Not so quiet today - lots of traffic going in both directions. And the restaurant La Taverna was almost completely full. It was good to see things almost back to normal.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat May 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Probably people stayed in yesterday due to the rain from Hurricane Bud, who became a dud...
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2