INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An exceptionally good article and interview. . .

4 posters

Go down

An exceptionally good article and interview. . . Empty An exceptionally good article and interview. . .

Post by Trailrunner Mon May 14, 2012 5:20 pm

. .on the current state of affairs of MX:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/14/11698166-mexicos-drug-war-no-sign-of-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel#.T7F-yUzwA2s.email

Totally agree with this part:

"And that is where the real disagreement exists between the government and people like myself. The government basically has concentrated all its resources these past five-and-a-half years on fighting drug trafficking. I think those resources should be concentrated on fighting the effects of violence and crime that hurt people – kidnapping, extortion, holdups, automobile thefts, etc., – and basically not concentrated on drug trafficking.

You don’t have to make a deal with the cartels, you don’t sit down and talk with them, you don’t shake hands with them. You just concentrate your resources on what matters to you, you don’t concentrate them on what matters to the U.S."
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

An exceptionally good article and interview. . . Empty Re: An exceptionally good article and interview. . .

Post by Lorka Tue May 15, 2012 3:05 pm

Well Said! Being a Canadian, I believe that Mexico should worry about the guns coming into Mexico. Tighten up the penalities here - caught committing a crime with a weapon, Life In Prison. (yeah, I know, hard to do but not impossible!) Make a deal with the cartels, get them to agree on routes etc and as long as they stop the violence. YOU NOT BOTHER DEM, DEM NOT BOTHER YOU!" (as my maid says!)
Let Canada and the US worry about their borders - drugs coming in, well quess thats' your problem.
I am so tired of all this. Just let it end already!

Lorka

Back to top Go down

An exceptionally good article and interview. . . Empty Re: An exceptionally good article and interview. . .

Post by Mainecoons Tue May 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Absolutely agree. Fox and Calderon bought into the U.S. drug problem and totally overestimated the capability of the Mexican government against these cartels. The priority should be to get those criminals who are attacking the "civilians" and the government via murder, mayhem, extortion and kidnapping. Let the Americans stop the drugs at the border. Which, of course, they can't do.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue May 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Americans, stop using drugs. Never going to happen. They should have added Canada in too. Anyone who would think that will ever happen is having pipe dreams.

More Mexican military is needed and more guns for the Military. Better strategies. Fight it like the Americans fight wars overseas. No halfway measures. Use tanks, grenades and rocket launchers. They'll soon see who's more powerful.

Or the other alternative, STOP fighting the drug war. Let them kill each other off. The US has been wasting money fighting a drug war for years.

And Americans are letting drugs go thru the Border by way of crooked Customs agents. Ever hear of payoffs like the recent TSA agents.

Calderon started all this promising to fight the Cartels. If another President gets in who doesn't want to fight the drug war with so much ambition, things will quiet down.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down