INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facilitator? We don't need no stinkin' facilitator!!!

+6
simpsca
sparks
cane
Intercasa
ferret
Demonio
10 posters

Go down

Facilitator?  We don't need no stinkin' facilitator!!! Empty Facilitator? We don't need no stinkin' facilitator!!!

Post by Demonio Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Just got my new FM3 at the GDL INM. Here's how it went:

* Thursday June 3rd -- Entered Mexico by land on a 180 day FMM (tourist visa).

* Thursday June 10th -- Applied for an FM3 (No Inmigrante - Rentista) at GDL INM.

* Monday June 14th -- Received "Notificación en ventanilla" (Notification - at counter) message on the INM online tracking system.

* Thursday June 17th -- Was issued my new FM3 at GDL INM.

The only delay was waiting my turn, and waiting for the FM3 to be signed off by the "jefe" and put together by the staff. I spent a maximum of 10 minutes at the counter when I submitted the initial application and the follow-up visit to submit the final paper work. A piece of cake. The INM personnel were friendly, helpful and professional.

Que Viva México

G
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None

Back to top Go down

Facilitator?  We don't need no stinkin' facilitator!!! Empty Re: Facilitator? We don't need no stinkin' facilitator!!!

Post by ferret Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:01 pm

But, Demonio, I believe you are a fluent Spanish speaker. Of course, you wouldn't need a facilitator cheers
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Facilitator?  We don't need no stinkin' facilitator!!! Empty Re: Facilitator? We don't need no stinkin' facilitator!!!

Post by Intercasa Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:19 pm

The reality is that it is like doing your own taxes. Some people don't mind spending a bit to have someone else take care of it.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by cane Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Manuel Dexterity,
Yeah and whatever you do, do NOT hire a Mexican if you want a good job done, right?

cane
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:32 pm

ferret & Spencer - you're both right. The other thing is that I like to learn new things and love a challenge. Dealing with the MX govt. is always intimidating, but I'm finding that they are now helpful, friendly and professional. Spencer, thanks for the offer to do that bit of research for me. Esperanza on TOB sent me a pm that gave me the confidence I needed to go to GDL expecting that my FM3 was indeed ready to be issued. There's always satisfaction in doing things yourself. I'd be happy to help anyone who needs some assistance with this process.

G

Last edited by Demonio on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:35 pm

It seems like it is for real, they really have made the process much quicker. The Guadalajara office used to be one of the worst if not the worst in the whole country.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:37 pm

Like doing your own taxes ... right. Hopefully not like TurboTax. I tried the free version thru my bank and you are allowed one income source. Can't have Social Security and another pension let alone multiple. Also can't have any business income like Google Ads that make very little. Even bank interest may complicate

If your income is from anything other than pure SSI then the cost of the tax preparation is cheaper (in my case) to have it done
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:55 am

Hi Demonio,

I am curious what the government fee is now for the FM3. Some friends of mine have hired a facilitator and the total fee looks way out of line. Also does anyone have the link to the Imigration site to get the form that is on line now?

Thanks
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:37 am

Fee still is $1294 pesos. most facilitators charge 700 pesos and many are charging 200 to 300 extra per person to drive them to Guad for pickup.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Facilitator?  We don't need no stinkin' facilitator!!! Empty Thank you Spencer

Post by simpsca Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:47 am

Thanks for the update Spencer. I have my renewal in 2 months and if the fee is very high, I'll try it myself. I hear the facilitators have raised their fees significantly.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:48 am

Fees are same, just travel fee is extra for driving people into Guad. The firm I work with charges 200 per person extra, others I've heard are charging 300 or more.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:52 am

The firm I use goes in to get them for us and we pick them up at the office, unless it is the first in a 5 year renewal.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:56 am

Now they are requiring people to go in for the new cards, that is the reason for the increase. It will just be the first time switching from the booklet to the card.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:01 am

Intercasa wrote:Fee still is $1294 pesos. most facilitators charge 700 pesos and many are charging 200 to 300 extra per person to drive them to Guad for pickup.

My friend told me she was charged 800p by Bety, (for Bety's brother or brother-in-law), to drive her to Guad for her FM-3!!!!!!! Outrageous.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:06 am

simscsa - look HERE for a guide tp renewing your FM3. Ajijic Law charges $1,500 pesos for a new FM3 or to renew. That does not include the govt fees. Let me know if you need help renewing.

G
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:44 am

Thank you both Demonio and Spencer. Last year I renewed my FM3 for a new five year period. I had a lot going on at the time and wish my facilitator had asked if I had wanted an FM2 - which I do. Do either of you know if I can apply for FM2 this year, or do I have to go the full 5 years again with my FM3?

Thank you for any help.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hueco_negro Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:00 pm

You can apply for an change to FM2 at anytime. You don't even have to wait for the renewal time window of your current FM3.
hueco_negro
hueco_negro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:38 pm

Renewal is in 2 months so I'll wait. Thank you.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:11 pm

my facilitator (Jorge Avelar) charged me a total of $1794MX ($1294 for the government fees and $500 for him) for renewing my FM3 this month. he also allowed me to drop off my initial paperwork in joco instead of driving to ajijic, which was great for me since i live on the southshore. the $1794MX included taking me to Guad to pick up the FM3 card.

$40US for me not having to deal with the first drive to Guad to turn in the documents, plus his staff driving me up there to get the FM3 card was definitely worth it to me. i was very happy.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Damn lucky, you're lucky - lol. Considering it costs $330 pesos for a cab ride from GDL Airport to Ajijic, your deal is a steal.

G
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:28 pm

I applied for my FM-3 yesterday but didn't do it myself. A little scary leaving my passport but was shocked when she said it would take about 2 weeks but relieved it won't take 6 weeks or longer.

She told me they want black & white photos NOT from Farmacia Guad. & to find a photographer in Chapala. Anyone know of one & directions to get there?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:32 pm

You can use Farm guad photos, they don't like them but if you throw away the Farm Guad envelope and clip them to the papers then they work.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:20 pm

Will Farmacia Guad. take black & white?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:51 pm

My friend just got her new card and she had color pics from Farmacia Guadalajara. Go figure!

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down