INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't you Think with all this Stuff Happening Something Should be Done?

+3
Intercasa
viajero
johninajijic
7 posters

Go down

Don't you Think with all this Stuff Happening Something Should be Done? Empty Don't you Think with all this Stuff Happening Something Should be Done?

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:06 pm

Don't you think with all this stuff going on that the Army should come in? They need to set up roadblocks on the Carretera Chapala Guad Highway and in Joco coming into Chapala and Ajijic. They can also set up two others on the Careterra. They're sure to find out who's killing who.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Don't you Think with all this Stuff Happening Something Should be Done? Empty Re: Don't you Think with all this Stuff Happening Something Should be Done?

Post by viajero Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:19 pm

John I'm having lunch today with the General,I'll relay your concerns to him,maybe we can get a tank stationed outside the gate to Arroyos del Sur,provided you supply the troops with refreshments.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Don't you Think with all this Stuff Happening Something Should be Done? Empty Re: Don't you Think with all this Stuff Happening Something Should be Done?

Post by Intercasa Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:27 pm

True, more stuff happened last night, really makes me stay in after 10pm because it seems like every few days there are shootings or bodies dumped.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:21 pm

viajero wrote:John I'm having lunch today with the General,I'll relay your concerns to him,maybe we can get a tank stationed outside the gate to Arroyos del Sur,provided you supply the troops with refreshments.

Yeah, you're really funny. We don't need the Army where we are. We have no problems here. No cartel members drug dealers live here, but maybe you need them where you live.

Intercasa - Isn't that still rumour until the newspaper publishes it?

None of you still answered my original question.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:31 pm

John, it is quite difficult to follow your logic:

1) For years you have denied anything happening and have exhibited virtually zero concern. Why the sudden turnaround?

2) Having the military set up roadblocks/checkpoints assumes that all of the problems are arriving from outside of the area. I guess you figure that none of this could be homegrown violence?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:41 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:John, it is quite difficult to follow your logic:

1) For years you have denied anything happening and have exhibited virtually zero concern. Why the sudden turnaround?

2) Having the military set up roadblocks/checkpoints assumes that all of the problems are arriving from outside of the area. I guess you figure that none of this could be homegrown violence?

Let me ask this before I post, so I can be clear. By homegrown, do you mean it is locals taking over other locals territory?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:50 pm

OK, my definition of "homegrown" would be those already living inside of your suggested roadblock/checkpoint area.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:58 pm

John"Let me ask this before I post, so I can be clear. By homegrown, do you mean it is locals taking over other locals territory?[/quote]

John that is a very good question,it seems to me that a lot of the drug related violence in Mexico apart from that in the border states has to do with local dealers fighting over local turf aka" La Plaza" There's a huge market for illegal drugs here,it's not just NOB.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Hopefully they will run out of people to kill soon enough and one side will prevail thus restoring peace to the area.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:14 pm

True my post is a "rumor" but the info is from a colleague who I was working with at the courthouse who also works at the ministerio publico.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:17 pm

The locals use to grow pot up in the hills and sell it to folks once a year and than
they would be able to pay taxes, car insurance, and school expenses. Now they
have to buy it from outside sources shall we say and are not allowed to grow
there own. It is very easy for these folks to be between shall we say two different
groups trying to sell them stuff. Many folks are scared and live without
the extra money that the locally grown pot supplied to many families. It is very
bad these days and easy to be caught up in some bad shit going down for these
folks. Just being there (witness) can get you killed like right now. I stay inside
past 10pm. Listen to Intercasa and learn and survive. I live in a mexican neighborhood
and they know what is going on and the info has been pretty accurate.

Z

Last edited by Zedinmexico on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:29 pm

johninajijic wrote:Don't you think with all this stuff going on that the Army should come in? They need to set up roadblocks on the Carretera Chapala Guad Highway and in Joco coming into Chapala and Ajijic. They can also set up two others on the Careterra. They're sure to find out who's killing who.

Why would they be able to determine who is killing who using a roadblock? Folks down here don't like to talk to the law. Cultural habit for a lot of reasons.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:59 pm

viajero wrote:John"Let me ask this before I post, so I can be clear. By homegrown, do you mean it is locals taking over other locals territory?

viajero quote ' "John that is a very good question,it seems to me that a lot of the drug related violence in Mexico apart from that in the border states has to do with local dealers fighting over local turf aka" La Plaza" There's a huge market for illegal drugs here,it's not just NOB." [/quote]

Yes, it could be locals taking over other locals territory, BUT I believe it is "outsider cartels" muscling in who want to move into this area. The first two that were killed were high level people well known in this area.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:05 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Hopefully they will run out of people to kill soon enough and one side will prevail thus restoring peace to the area.

Bob, I hope so too. Once enough of the locals are gone, if other high level people do take over, this will end as fast as it has started. I'm certainly not wishing to see any more dead, but I think it's a possibility.

Don't drive the upper part of Colon, the upper part of Juarez, Angel Flores and the street that goes from Seis Esquinas to the highway. It's a very narrow street with 2 speed bumps, could be 5 de Dicimbre.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:44 pm

In the past who controlled Guadalajara had this plaza, but when Nacho was killed who knows? Chapala is easy access from Guadalajara and now with the new highway coming in to Joco going around the lake to Mazamitla, and other areas, to many dead bodies says a fight for this area, distribution point, my opinion
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Wicked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down