INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loving my Wolf trained personal protection & guard dog

5 posters

Go down

Loving my Wolf trained personal protection & guard dog Empty Loving my Wolf trained personal protection & guard dog

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:28 pm

So many people on the forums openly frowned at the idea of having a trained personal protection guard dog. pff. I enrolled my young work dog at Wolf's Canine School in Tlajomulco; boarding him for 4 weeks. We'll continue weekly classes, for free, for as long as I like. As a gringa, it's empowering for me to walk around my rural neighborhood knowing he'll lunge & bite at anyone who tries to come at either of us that present themselves as a threat. This afternoon, 2 installers came to the house for a short bit to change something out on a dryer. I put my dog on the leash & he was with me at all times in the house, very obedient & watchful.

I highly recommend the school. In our weekly class we have a dog for the firefighters & civil protection. Even though the dogs are trained young, their protection abilities are awakened and as you continue to work w/them as they mature, they get better and better at what they do. Believe me, my dog is still the family dog that we love. He loves to follow me around and put my hands in his mouth. Such a love, but alert & knows how to respond if a situation were to arise.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Loving my Wolf trained personal protection & guard dog Empty Re: Loving my Wolf trained personal protection & guard dog

Post by gringal Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:36 pm

But why did you put this in the Octagon? It's way innocuous.
Glad you found a way to feel secure.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Loving my Wolf trained personal protection & guard dog Empty Re: Loving my Wolf trained personal protection & guard dog

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:58 pm

I moved it to the Mirador..........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:19 pm

To add that those who appose the idea that they need to recognize that it is the untrained & potentially dangerous dogs that maul people & kill other dogs in the working category. Not well trained dogs in advance obedience.

We love the school so much & listened to other nationals who encouraged us to get a Rottweiler or pit bull, being we live in a rural area. We opted for a rotty. Loving the pup as she's highly intelligent and trainable.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Rotty's can be really sweet natured dogs. We have friends who have two.
Not for protection, but they'd probably chew anyone who tried to attack the owners, but just because they liked them and raised them as pups. Scary looking pair, though. But well behaved.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:15 pm

For a relatively young Hottie with all the parts in the right places... training Bowser to chew and maul some strange SOB who is invading your space with more than a glint in his eye, is maybe a prudent plan of action....

Of course... you could read him a couple o passages of Psalms to cool him off some....

There is security to be had in The Good Book.....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:26 pm

Possible something like this hocks...

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:33 am

http://www.wolfs.com.mx/wolfs_2005/obediencia_basica.html

Basic obedience/2 weeks:
example: Learns to walk to your left on a short & long leash etc
$3,500.00 en sucursal Mariano Otero - $4,500.00 en sucursal Tlajomulco

Advanced obedience/2 weeks:
example: Learns to walk to your left side w/out a leash & no to eat from strangers
$3,500.00 en sucursal Mariano Otero - $4,500.00 en sucursal Tlajomulco

If you want your dog trained in personal protection & guard, they will incorporate the training in those classes as well, "awakening" those senses.

Guard & Protection Training:
example: They learn to bite & release at your command. Guard you & your property. Not take food from strangers.
$4,500.00 en Matriz Mariano Otero, $5,500 en sucursal Tlajomulco de Zuñiga

Wolf's trains police & military dogs.

Can't remember how much weekly classes cost. Less than $400 pesos a month, maybe as little as $200 pesos. I highly recommend this class. They'll train you how to train your dog. We'll train future pups this route. Some dogs mature faster than others.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:05 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:So many people on the forums openly frowned at the idea of having a trained personal protection guard dog. pff. I enrolled my young work dog at Wolf's Canine School in Tlajomulco; boarding him for 4 weeks. We'll continue weekly classes, for free, for as long as I like. As a gringa, it's empowering for me to walk around my rural neighborhood knowing he'll lunge & bite at anyone who tries to come at either of us that present themselves as a threat. This afternoon, 2 installers came to the house for a short bit to change something out on a dryer. I put my dog on the leash & he was with me at all times in the house, very obedient & watchful.

I highly recommend the school. In our weekly class we have a dog for the firefighters & civil protection. Even though the dogs are trained young, their protection abilities are awakened and as you continue to work w/them as they mature, they get better and better at what they do. Believe me, my dog is still the family dog that we love. He loves to follow me around and put my hands in his mouth. Such a love, but alert & knows how to respond if a situation were to arise.

My wife will lunge and bite too. I get empowered around the area by carrying a machete. What do you do when your grandkids visit?
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Very funny about your wife gingomojado...

What about the grandkids??? This question really demonstrates the lack of education about a trained dog. Are your grandkids going to be attacking you w/a bat?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:24 pm

My German Shepherd loves my grandkids, actually she loves ALL kids. She is protective of the home and when walking is alert, but she doesn't lunge either unless a clear threat is present. In 13 years has had to growl only once or twice in the street, and a few times at home. Actually she is the best natured dog a person could own. She looks a bit wolfish so people respect her, but she is so sweet. She too watches service people and visitors, but is not aggressive
The grandkids have pulled her ears, tail and tried to ride her like a horse, but she has remained so calm. I stop them from doing that, of course!

When she passes on, I will have to get a machete or bat, as I will NEVER have another dog, nothing could replace her. She even tolerates small, loud pesky dogs nipping her. She can open windows to get in and out, and doors, unless dead bolted.
I hope you enjoy your dog as much as we have ours!

I was just funnin, looking for a chance to tell you about my Samantha!

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Oh she does bark alerts at home, but almost no growls or teeth showing, and she too enjoys "mouthing" my hands!

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down