INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NUMBER 4 RESTAURANT Review - Disappointing

+2
ferret
johninajijic
6 posters

Go down

NUMBER 4 RESTAURANT Review - Disappointing Empty NUMBER 4 RESTAURANT Review - Disappointing

Post by johninajijic Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:04 am

On Friday night 6 of us went to Number 4 for my Birthday. I decided to treat myself since Number 4 was so good just before Christmas. Unfortunately we were very disappointed. We ordered drinks of different types, Vodka Tonic, Whiskey Sour (70 pesos), Margarita (70 pesos), Modelo Negro (35 pesos) and one ordered a bottle of wine, (450 pesos). We know their drinks are extra expensive, for instance a Pina Colada is 110 pesos.

Then we ordered our Appetizers, Salads and Entrees. Two ordered the Gorgonzola Salad (80 pesos), a large salad enough for two, if you're having dinner. One ordered the Leek and Potato Soup (80 pesos).

Three people ordered the Blackberry Duck Confit (190 pesos). It came with Mashed and a few Veggies. The portion was not a decent size, although they said it was tasty. Another ordered the Run Down Short Ribs which said Sweet and Tangy (180 pesos). They were too spicy and the portion size was very, very small, 5 ribs. Both Tony's and Bruno's ribs are much better and a much larger portion.

Two of us ordered the Prix Fixe Prime Rib, which comes with a Soup of the Day or Gorgonzola Salad and a dessert of choice. One of us got Leek and Potato soup and I got a Caesar Salad. The price was 320 pesos and I questioned it because the Internet menu has a price of 260 pesos. Both of us ordered it RARE. When it came to the table, we were not sure if it was Prime Rib. It was grilled on the grill with grill marks. To my knowledge, no one serves Prime Rib this way and it was NOT Rare. It had a brown gravy sauce on it, came with mashed Potatoes, a few veggies and a few carmelized onions. Although it was not tough or chewy, it was not tender, like Prime Rib.

Very very disappointing, considering we had such a good meal just before Christmas! We will NOT return.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

NUMBER 4 RESTAURANT Review - Disappointing Empty Re: NUMBER 4 RESTAURANT Review - Disappointing

Post by ferret Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:19 pm

That's disappointing John, especially on your birthday. All the best BTW!

Cutting corners and portions is no way to run a restaurant. Are you gonna make it "2 out of 3" ???. If you don't go back at all, you've left the odds at fifty/fifty for the rest of us.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

NUMBER 4 RESTAURANT Review - Disappointing Empty Re: NUMBER 4 RESTAURANT Review - Disappointing

Post by johninajijic Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:18 pm

ferret wrote:That's disappointing John, especially on your birthday. All the best BTW!

Cutting corners and portions is no way to run a restaurant. Are you gonna make it "2 out of 3" ???. If you don't go back at all, you've left the odds at fifty/fifty for the rest of us.

At those prices, I can have 2 meals at any other good restaurant that we all like. You can go and report back to us.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:21 pm

johninajijic wrote:
Very very disappointing, considering we had such a good meal just before Christmas! We will NOT return.

Dawg just posted a lenghty response to John´s post but lost it in the maddeningly and incompetently designed keyboard designed and delivered to us by DELL. Scew it!

If what John says the prices are for mediocre food, we will never darken Number 4´s doors again. We don´t give a damn about picing but San Francisco prices are OK if you deliver San Francisco quality.We don´t need this in our hick town. No matter what you call cheese grits, they are stil cheese grits.l
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:50 pm

John... you're recollection of prices is : remarkable, or you're writing them down as you dine, or you're stealing a menue....

hola
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:47 pm

hockables wrote:John... you're recollection of prices is : remarkable, or you're writing them down as you dine, or you're stealing a menue....

NUMBER 4 RESTAURANT Review - Disappointing 68157

I remember from Friday, but have their Internet menu on my computer.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:36 pm

With such a negative review and the statement that the dining group will not return - how does this restaurant rate a GOOD rating on your list?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:24 am

Its not that I don't want to spend good money for good food as I am willing
to pay for a one star Michelin in Napa but the prices just scare me from the
place just looking at the menu. Heading for Viva Mexico at 2PM today!! I
just can't even go try 4 at the prices they charge. Don't get me wrong if
people want what they serve at that price fine but not for me.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down