INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MEDICAL INSURANCE IN MEXICO....EXPENSIVE LESSON

5 posters

Go down

MEDICAL INSURANCE IN MEXICO....EXPENSIVE LESSON Empty MEDICAL INSURANCE IN MEXICO....EXPENSIVE LESSON

Post by Jim W Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:34 pm

I signed up for Allianze 1/15/2006.....my agent was Carmen Garcia....asked for quote for major medical.....she quoted 18,500 +/- for my wife and I with 25,000 pesos deductable per incident......I switched agents 2/15/2007......for many reasons not relevant to this issue.

I requested quote from Parker insurance.....this year just South of 50,000 pesos, premium, 25,000 pesos deductible per incident.
I set appointment.....Parker requires appointment during working hours to speak to agent...LMAO. During meeting discovered I was paying for Master Plan......giving me...a healthy ....uneducated buyer of medical insurance...in Mexico...access to 100% of medical facilities in Mexico.....LOL.....Parker insurance advised, I could change to Basic plan, all other coverage was the same , including international, for 31,250 pesos premium, but was limited to 15 hospitals....plus in network Doctors, I would also be required to pay 5% copay for out of net MD.

Obviously, this really pissed off this type"A" Very Happy scorpio, discovering. I had been over paying by approx. 15,000 pesos per year over past 5 years.....

Just sharing with all.....be informed before spending.....I was dumber than a post, and far toooo trusting.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

MEDICAL INSURANCE IN MEXICO....EXPENSIVE LESSON Empty Re: MEDICAL INSURANCE IN MEXICO....EXPENSIVE LESSON

Post by johninajijic Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Since I haven't seen any posts to this, I will give my 5 pesos worth. It's easy to get screwed by any Insurance Company whether here or in the US. All you people who want Private Health insurance need to talk with ALL the companies and or Agents to see what they cover. Ask the premiums with various deductibles, copays, International Catastrophic coverage and how much they'll pay in the US (usually $ 50 K).

Check with Segurous Monterrey, AXA, GNP, Met Life, etc, etc. Check with other people who have coverage and have used it how successful they are in getting claims paid. Your claims should be paid within a 2 - 4 week period without delays.

I found out after having International Catastrophic coverage that it's the most expensive part of the Policy. An Agent may assume you want it and put it on so he makes more commission. If you don't travel a lot overseas, you DO NOT need international Catastrophic coverage. When you drop it like we did last year, we still have Catastrophic Coverage in Mexico and save money.

Hope this helps some of you save money.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

MEDICAL INSURANCE IN MEXICO....EXPENSIVE LESSON Empty Re: MEDICAL INSURANCE IN MEXICO....EXPENSIVE LESSON

Post by simpsca Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:35 pm

It looks to me like if you are going to cancel the insurance agents can pull some rabbits out of the hat. I plan to try it myself since I'm planning to sign u for medicare. I'm sure without the US coverage I'll get a lower quote but I wonder what else they can do if they know you are willing not to renew.

Thanks for sharing John, I had a feeling that international coverage was an expensive feature.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:16 pm

johninajijic wrote:Since I haven't seen any posts to this, I will give my 5 pesos worth. It's easy to get screwed by any Insurance Company whether here or in the US. All you people who want Private Health insurance need to talk with ALL the companies and or Agents to see what they cover. Ask the premiums with various deductibles, copays, International Catastrophic coverage and how much they'll pay in the US (usually $ 50 K).

Check with Segurous Monterrey, AXA, GNP, Met Life, etc, etc. Check with other people who have coverage and have used it how successful they are in getting claims paid. Your claims should be paid within a 2 - 4 week period without delays.

I found out after having International Catastrophic coverage that it's the most expensive part of the Policy. An Agent may assume you want it and put it on so he makes more commission. If you don't travel a lot overseas, you DO NOT need international Catastrophic coverage. When you drop it like we did last year, we still have Catastrophic Coverage in Mexico and save money.

Hope this helps some of you save money.

John, I agree with you ....getting screwed sucks....especially without a kiss....BTW....I think your medicare penalty is 6 years...double 3 years admitted to...than rates roll back....shoot me if I am wrong

jim w
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Let's figure stuff out?

Last edited by Jim W on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Must be that time if day again
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:44 pm

martygraw wrote:Must be that time if day again
trying to deal with your single digit IQ

What time again Richard.....LMAO.....can deal with all your non responsive bs
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:51 pm

GOOOOD Night Marty Graw.....been there done it,,,,,have fun making nasty posts.....hasta mana
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:57 pm

Re Medicare Part B........which is perhaps the subject??

For every year you were eligible for it and didn't subscribe, the penalty is 10%.

Suggest a trip on the web over to the SS website for confirmation.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:16 pm

gringal wrote:Re Medicare Part B........which is perhaps the subject??

For every year you were eligible for it and didn't subscribe, the penalty is 10%.

Suggest a trip on the web over to the SS website for confirmation.

Gringal, Just trying to figure out total cost....A...& B....I am so wrong many times...just don't understand...have a great night...Jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Part A medicare comes free with your social security.
You can't "not" have it.

Part B you pay for. You can opt out, or not.

Keep on figuring.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:37 pm

Gringal, I have input, that we can opt for medicare plans...outside of the gov...options....???cheaper and better coverage?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down