INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are speed traps still in Chapala Haciendas area?

+3
hound dog
Jim W
simpsca
7 posters

Go down

Are speed traps still in Chapala Haciendas area? Empty Are speed traps still in Chapala Haciendas area?

Post by simpsca Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:59 am

Can anyone tell me if the speed traps are still in the Chapala Haciendas area? I'm not a speeder but will crawl through next week when I go to Tonala rather than get stopped.

simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Are speed traps still in Chapala Haciendas area? Empty Re: Are speed traps still in Chapala Haciendas area?

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:05 am

Simpsca, I haven't seen one since New Years day. Maybe they ran out of fish....LOL....Jim W.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Are speed traps still in Chapala Haciendas area? Empty Re: Are speed traps still in Chapala Haciendas area?

Post by hound dog Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:29 pm

simpsca wrote:Can anyone tell me if the speed traps are still in the Chapala Haciendas area? I'm not a speeder but will crawl through next week when I go to Tonala rather than get stopped.

That´s the key to success. Go no faster then the speed limit which, by the way, is set way too low for that area through which you will be driviing in order to entrap you. Dawg is used to that old crooked cop trick from my days driving in the U.S. deep south and Nevada where the speed limit dropped from "bat-out-of-hell" to 10 MPH just like that 20 miles out of some podunk towns in the middle of nowhere kind of like those unmarked topes on rural roads in Chiapas where the locals entertain themselves watching tourists break their axles going 40 KPH.

This is pretty funny. When Dawg leaves Ajijic for Chiapas, I must crawl through Lakeside like a snail until just this side the La Barca turnoff and then greased lightning the next 1,400 kilometers until we reach San Cristóbal all the while being passed by my fellow drivers of Mexican heritage as if I were standing still even though I an violating the speed limit at 140 KPH. Then, when I cross the Veracruz/Chiapas line on my way to Tuxtla Gutierrez, almost every driver not only is driving at at least a cool 200 KPH but breaking every rule of common sense known to man in an attempt to fry himself (almost always "himself") and his entire familly in some dreadful head-on collision just to arrive at some place at which no one else would even wants to arrive in the first place. The favorite highway sign in Southern Mexico says something like, "Your Family Would Appreciate It If You Would Slow Down A Bit" but, then, highway signs in Southern Mexico are a waste of precious metal in the first place.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:39 pm

simpsca wrote:Can anyone tell me if the speed traps are still in the Chapala Haciendas area? I'm not a speeder but will crawl through next week when I go to Tonala rather than get stopped.

Just home from Costco. Went by there really slow looking for cops. Nada. Christmas is over. They collected enough for gifts for their family.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:11 pm

John, This was not a Mordida stretch......7 out of 10 days organized effort to nail anyone, gringo, gringette, Mexican. Valliadad, issued tickets, no shake down, with a dozen writing tickets....fine if paid with in 2 weeks for 100k in 80 zone after discount was 270 pesos. If you think you were speeding on this strtech and see the cones @ entrance to Briasas, turn left into Haciendas # 2 , and take this road down Coderneces to Sorianos'.....Otherwise accept the ticket....approx. $20.00 USD...and laugh it off....no affect on insurance.

Pay it though, as they are tying it to your car sticker and fm2/3
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Yes, I planned to go the speed limit but am not sure what it is. Also thought they might have had their share of holiday cheer. Thanks Jim W, John and all others. It would really ruin a good day in Tonala to be pulled over there. And I know some of the speed limits are really low.

PS Just went to a doctor and Costco the Joco by-pass yesterday - really fast now. They have repaved the by-pass but are taking rocks off the walls and there are some piles on the side of the road and workers to watch out for. But most of it is good road and fast - except for the short part at the end of the by pass that connects to the main road which they have left gravel - probably on purpose to slow you down.

Thanks again!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:15 pm

I visited Ajijic today from GDL,due to your posts I was careful driving that stretch of road,thanks.Ididnt see any transitos,I think John is right they already got their Navidad.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:42 pm

viajero wrote:I visited Ajijic today from GDL,due to your posts I was careful driving that stretch of road,thanks.Ididnt see any transitos,I think John is right they already got their Navidad.
Chris

They didn't get Mordida..John has no clue......this was a well organized effort to slow traffic......fines were paid to Jalisco.....Tickets for US PLATED cars are tied to your sticker,as the vallidad checks and posts your FM 2 or3..# & .if you don't pay, You have healthy fines to pay for renewal of your FM 2/3......I know kick me off again.

Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:03 am

Lay off John, we all know who he his and his off the beaten-track understanding of reality but understanding this he’s not intentionally mean. Some of you on the other hand are just mean spirited.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:21 am

Your turn is coming, never fear. L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down