INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reminder - Report Crimes to Lakesidecrime.com

+2
hound dog
simpsca
6 posters

Go down

Reminder - Report Crimes to Lakesidecrime.com Empty Reminder - Report Crimes to Lakesidecrime.com

Post by simpsca Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:37 am

Lakesidecrime.com
Report any crime you know about to:
www.Lakesidecrime.com

Info on: Crime hot - spots
Tips: Safety and Security
Read about: ATM fraud, Mustard Bandits, other Scams
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Reminder - Report Crimes to Lakesidecrime.com Empty Re: Reminder - Report Crimes to Lakesidecrime.com

Post by hound dog Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:26 pm

simpsca wrote:Lakesidecrime.com
Report any crime you know about to:
www.Lakesidecrime.com

Info on: Crime hot - spots
Tips: Safety and Security
Read about: ATM fraud, Mustard Bandits, other Scams

To what purpose? So you can wallow about in self-pity? Posting on "Lakeside Crime" is akin to scratching one´s ass. It feels good while undertaking the exercise but once it´s all over,there you are with a scratched ass and nothing to show for the effort. There is no substance to "Lakeside Crime"and there never will be. Get serious.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Reminder - Report Crimes to Lakesidecrime.com Empty Re: Reminder - Report Crimes to Lakesidecrime.com

Post by simpsca Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Happy New Year to you too!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:37 pm

What it appears the area really needs is a "liaison" between the MP and the gringo community to ease the process of filing reports with the agency that is actually tasked to investigate and prosecute crimes. Perhaps some of the monies collected by the CSI team could be put towards having a person on retainer to assist with the process.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:44 pm

Yes I agree that the liason thing would be helpful - I still don't understand the legal relationship of MP to the Chapala government. Unless a person who has a crime committed against them takes an interpreter they are treated pretty badly.

Lakesidecrime.com is merely reporting statistics and trends and is read by the Jalisco government which says they get no crime statistics from Chapala. So it is Jalisco's only way of knowing the trend also.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:40 pm

simpsca wrote:Unless a person who has a crime committed against them takes an interpreter they are treated pretty badly.

I can totally relate to the victim being treated badly. I was robbed in an apartment in Ajijic while I slept and a younger person (American) suspected of the crime was arrested, not once, but twice with crack being found the second time around. Both times money was sent down from the US to, as it was called, pay the fine. After the second time I was told by the MP office I should go back to Canada and stay there until I learned Spanish. I was not allowed to have a copy of the report filed and rudely asked to leave the office.

I am one that doesn't have a lot of faith in the system and its ability to punish the guilty.
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:35 pm

Maybe someone also needs to speak with whomever is in charge of the local MP office to see if this treatment is "protocol" or if it is some rogue employees that don't like their jobs. I'm not one to sit around bitching about things without taking it to the top first.........

Sounds like another suggestion for the CSI team.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:59 am

simpsca wrote:Yes I agree that the liason thing would be helpful - I still don't understand the legal relationship of MP to the Chapala government. Unless a person who has a crime committed against them takes an interpreter they are treated pretty badly.

Lakesidecrime.com is merely reporting statistics and trends and is read by the Jalisco government which says they get no crime statistics from Chapala. So it is Jalisco's only way of knowing the trend also.

And more often than not, the so called "statistics" surrounding the event is either second hand or wrong or lied about by those reporting. I have seen things reported which were told afterward by the homeowner being robbed a totally different story, like I'm not sure I locked the front gate last night or I opened the gate at 4:00 AM to let the dogs out. That's different than reported on lakesidecrime where the gate was "locked."

I put no faith in lakesidecrime nor do I believe half the crap and rumours reported here.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:26 am

The police arrest people, the Ministerio receives the denounciations, charges people, builds up a case to present to the judge and the judge lets people go or have them locked up-
Simpsca what don t you understand by the fact that the judicial power is separate from the executive branch? Don t you have the same thing in your country? The Police and the Justice department are supposed to be independent from each other. They obviously have to work together to a degree but they are independent from each other.

John
There is a great Japanese movie called Roshomon(spell?) Rent it or buy it. It is a fabulous movie about the story of a murder . The wife, the killer, a witness and the victim describe the murder to the judge. One can learn a lot from this movie about perception.
People are not necessaraly lying, they perceive things differently so we get different stories before people even start lying.
As I said one day, my husband was stabbed years. He saw he was attacked a white man and the witnesses said the man was black. If people cannot agree on a basic trait of a person how the hell do you think people are going to tell the same story about a crime?
I have witnessed the same thing at the MP. A couple will come and tell the description of the same crime and you will hear two different stories. Some people are very observant and will describe something in minute details, the other person will describe its reactions or feelings and will not have notice any details but will know about a smell . It is fascinating to see first hand how different people experience things differently.
At our age I can understand very well, "I opened the door to the dog at 4Am it was locked and did that person relock it or not ?" No one is lying just remembering different events that all melt together. (I cannot remember what I did 5 minutes ago so forget the 4am story)

By the way see the movie and then tell us who is lying and who is not?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:09 am

brigitte wrote:The police arrest people, the Ministerio receives the denounciations, charges people, builds up a case to present to the judge and the judge lets people go or have them locked up-

This is how it is supposed to work and most of the time it probably does does. In the situation I personally experienced many years ago there was a little bit different flow of events. The police arrest people, the Ministerio receives the denounciations, charges people, and then if enough incentive is put into the right persons back pocket the case is permanently put on the back burner and the arrested person is off to do it all over again.
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:10 am

Yep I did not want to say it but unfortunately it is how it really works.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:03 am

[quote="albertrv"]
brigitte wrote:The police arrest people, the Ministerio receives the denounciations, charges people, builds up a case to present to the judge and the judge lets people go or have them locked up-

This is how it is supposed to work and most of the time it probably does. In the situation I personally experienced many years ago there was a little bit different flow of events. The police arrest people, the Ministerio receives the denounciations, charges people, and then if enough incentive is put into the right persons back pocket the case is permanently put on the back burner and the arrested person is off to do it all over again. [/quote]

Things are the same the world over only in many places the incentive is community influence as opposed to outright mordida in cash. The mordida, rather, comes in cash indirectly which I needn´t explain to most of you.

In the Alabama state capital of Montgomery, to be an influential member of the community at large in the mid-1950s you had to be a member of the nascent White Citizens Council formed in the 50s to represent the country club set as opposed to the trailer trash Kluxers. If you were a member you could not, by definition, be other than what was defined then as "white" or an influential member of the black community with appropraiate ties to Council members so there you have it. You could be black or white but if you wanted to be awarded that highway or prison construction contract, you had best have been connected or you could rot in hell.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down