INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFE BILLS

+7
Intercasa
CanuckBob
ferret
David
Viajero-Tiempo
Lehrer
Jim W
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CFE BILLS - Page 2 Empty Re: CFE BILLS

Post by Viajero-Tiempo Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Jim W wrote:I put a 2nd meter in 4 years ago, and balanced power. My bill was averaging 2300 pesos......now averages 1350 pesos.

Are they billing you for both meters?
Did someone bypass one meter with jumpers.
There is no other reason for such a reduction is KWH usage - Unless you really changed your life/usage in some significant way....IMHO

Viajero-Tiempo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:07 pm

Viajero-Tiempo wrote:
Jim W wrote:I put a 2nd meter in 4 years ago, and balanced power. My bill was averaging 2300 pesos......now averages 1350 pesos.

Are they billing you for both meters?
Did someone bypass one meter with jumpers.
There is no other reason for such a reduction is KWH usage - Unless you really changed your life/usage in some significant way....IMHO

You obviously have not been in Mexico for very long. Beer Beer LOL....beating the system is the game.....you are allowed up to 500 KWH per billing cycle @ Lakeside....per meter.....I was using 800 KWH on one meter.....billed DAC....Highest possible per KWH....now approx. 400kwh per meter...never reach dac Very Happy Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer to you and your IMHO.....LOL BTW, set up 1 meter for casa, one for Cassita.....Just takes a contractor to do the Ground.....LMAO...work

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
while you are checking it out go check out the UV light for your water system and make sure it isn't out or need changing. Remember your health depends on that bulb to be working.

Z

The filters and the UV light are marked on the calendar...so is the reverse osmosis system under the sink (although it has the courtesy to beep when it's not happy). You are absolutely correct that you ALSO have to check that UV light regularly just in case. We check ours after dark since it's out in the bodega and glows with a very obvious "violet" light at both ends which is unmistakable.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Viajero-Tiempo Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:42 am

Jim W
Thanks for the explanation .
I did forget the reduced rate for the first KWs.

Viajero-Tiempo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:58 am

Lehrer wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:A bridge (short) would probably pop a fuse or breaker but it is mexico and
I don't know how your house is wired.

Fuse/breaker would pop if water shorted out light but it is mexico you know.
Yep! I'm in a "new" house as the 1st resident ever. I had one of those 3-prong adapters plugged in. (You know, when the living room has only two-prong outlets and all your appliances are three-pronged.) True, there is still no ground-wire, but for the sake of convenience, you use these damned Chinese-manufactured adapters.

I pushed the plug into the adapter and there was a "POW!" with accompanying sparks and smoke. Afterwards, I took the adapter apart and saw that the "ground" and the "hot" had fused together -- like welding something. Did it blow a fuse or throw a circuit-breaker?

Well, as you said: "It is Mexico, you know."

CFE BILLS - Page 2 18717

LOL "It is Mexico, You know" I am not an electrician but am trained in electricity and I have never seen anything like I have seen here with wiring
and plumbing. So I always give my disclaimer. I got lucky with my rental house and only had to put a ground rod in and add a breaker and run a three
wire connections so my electronics could have a ground. Everything else has been fine but I don't walk in bare feet in the bathroom and use any
of the two wire sockets. All my electrical work cost $92USD so I can't complain. FYI some computers don't like you using the 3 to 2 cheaters plugs
as switching power supplies use ground for reference. Oh yea did find three plugs with neutral to hot reversed...Check yours.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2