INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm so confused

+13
Lobo2626
pat
eñe
bobnliz
stevebrtx
itsme
locogringo
juanrey
CanuckBob
Ray
kipissippi
Admin
lunateak
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I'm so confused - Page 2 Empty I'm still confused

Post by pat Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:16 am

So, am I'm a newby to this board? ... or was I a newby to the old board which is no longer in existance???

Did the administrater pull the plug on the other one?

Pat

pat

Back to top Go down

I'm so confused - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm so confused

Post by Ray Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:22 am

Awesome observation on all counts Steve. cheers
Ray
Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:25 am

I think the goal it to keep the fun, info and camaraderie, but let go of the mean...who needs it?

Kip
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:04 pm

Well, you know the "Rant and Rave" section did serve a purpose, which was to give folks a place to vent their spleen. Lets hear it for getting it out of your system. None of us had to read it if we didn't want. No harm done and it probably saved some of us from having to go to a shrink. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:13 pm

I mainly agree with you Steve. I'm OK with mild cussing but not the real bad stuff. I don't mind if someone disagrees with an idea or thought but don't attack the person. It is of course impossible to please all the people, all the time........

I think this new management is going to try and do it this way however I guess we'll see. Glad to see your back though. I'll come and have a beer with you anytime. You should have come to my St. Paddy's Day party. Even Sparks came out....

Cheers,

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo2626 Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:12 pm

I didn't see a problem with the last board, but if Gnarley got tired of it, I can understand. I grow weary of some things myself. Hope he doesn't just forget about us. :drunken:
Lobo2626
Lobo2626

Humor : Pardon me if I don't laugh at your joke. There are very few I haven't already heard and I don't laugh just to be polite.

http://www.lrafferty.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:14 pm

yes the former lakechapalainfo board was a huge failure. it started nov. 5 2009 and until this week only attracted 301 members with an enormous data base and not just about chapala.
there were many pictures as well as written descriptions and many topics of interest to us ferners in mexico and wannabes.there was idle chit chat and brawls as well. until it was nuked by gnarley there were more posts than on mexcon and chapalayawn. sparks board was ruined by political crap that has nothing to do with mexico-5-6 posters left out of a mere 157 in total buildup over 3-4 years.

yes-failure-SNORK!

by the way steve, when i suggest that bubba might join our gathering at the beer garden a coupla years ago,you responded by saying that if he's coming -you ain't.

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Any chance of moving on? What was...was. One person's nasty tirade caused Gnarley to pull the plug so lets go forward. There's lots of great people still here and lots of info that needs to be reposted. I know there were quite a few lurkers who were afraid to post.... they should feel a little more at ease now.

If anyone isn't happy with the new forum..they can always start another one and put themselves back as all powerful mods :king: . But having mods who change posts...in very vile ways.. and foam at the mouth while hurling gutter insults....somehow it's just not that appealing.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by locogringo Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:39 pm

Seemed to me that Gnarley could have at least said G'day, Kiss my arse, or something. So good bye, Adios, Gnarley. Hope you spend the rest of your life picking bugs from your teeth from big smile as you ride.
locogringo
locogringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevebrtx Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:56 pm

pedro wrote:by the way steve, when i suggest that bubba might join our gathering at the beer garden a coupla years ago,you responded by saying that if he's coming -you ain't.
I rest my case.

stevebrtx

http://www.chapalaweather.net

Back to top Go down

I'm so confused - Page 2 Empty Thanks

Post by YOLO Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:00 pm

Just wanted to say Thanks to All who act as Moderators on these boards and to those of you already in the Chapala area for adding info. I, unfortunately, am not there yet, but there is a lot of useful info that I cut and paste into a Word document to save. So, yes, I lurk having nothing useful to add to the topics and not knowing the Characters... so please bear with us lurkers!!! One day, we'll be 'one of you' !! ☀

YOLO

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Well..if the cut and paste stuff was worth saving..how 'bout sharing it?

Kip
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:42 pm

relax yolo-there ain't nuthin' wrong with lurkers-been there done that. that was gnarley's crap who is now gone.
hopefully the new admin will get the ball rolling on relevant info and build the data base up again.

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:48 pm

I don't have any problem with lurkers either. Don't know why Gnarley was so wound about about it. Hehe...that was the only thing the 3 mods did agree on. Oh well time to move on. Welcome lurkers.........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Uh? Sure and it sounds like you boys have just a teensy bit of the exhibitionist in you. ;) :idea: Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:04 pm

I see some of the old grudges are still alive and well. Steve/Bubba? Both of them are smart and opinionated. In a civilized world, they should be able to have a beer without going ballistic, but "should" doesn't make it so, so I'm not surprised it didn't happen.

Granted, Steve is right about some geezers just not being okay with being more or less powerless in retirement and it bringing out the residual testosterone-fueled nastiness. Get over it guys. A mean old dog is usually put down a lot faster than a friendly one. One bite does the job of sorting them out.

Let's keep it positive. Life is way too short carry grudges. They get heavy.

pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by stevebrtx Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:45 pm

gringal wrote:I see some of the old grudges are still alive and well. Steve/Bubba? Both of them are smart and opinionated. In a civilized world, they should be able to have a beer without going ballistic, but "should" doesn't make it so, so I'm not surprised it didn't happen.
Don't suppose you'd like to elaborate on this misstatement? - maybe there is something I or Bob don't know?

stevebrtx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:02 pm

Check your post of April 5. If it isn't so, then I retract the suggestion that you and Bubba are not on good terms. I got the impression from the post that there was a problem. Could be wrong.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevebrtx Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:02 pm

gringal wrote:Check your post of April 5. If it isn't so, then I retract the suggestion that you and Bubba are not on good terms. I got the impression from the post that there was a problem. Could be wrong.
Gringal, I don't have to "check my post", I know exactly whom I was referring to, but let's ask, have you ever tried to unring a bell, or "DON'T IMAGINE A BLUE HORSE" - you can't do either, the human mind has some quirks you can't overcome - like erasing your rather malicious presupposing statement about Bob and me which has absolutely no basis in fact, other than your baggage supported by the ramblings of another board member.

It's like so many things in life, tell the lie, or the rumor long enough and it becomes truth. Moreover carry the old baggage forward with you, it's comforting to know you are "right" - never mind the truth. It's nice to see my original assertions in this thread confirmed - thank you.

BTW Bob and I are looking forward to having a good laugh at your expense when they get back from their southern home, and yes, I'm sure there will be adult libations so it should be a "howl" - thank you for providing "fodder".

stevebrtx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:02 am

I think you just made a mountain out of a molehill. If that's the best you can come up with to have a "laugh", your sense of humor needs work.
Have fun.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:46 am

if your gonna raise this crap again stevie and attack gringall in the process would yo like me to give notarized statements to the affect that you didn't want to come to dinner with a man you have never met simply because you didn't like him online. it was at my place you said this in front of chinagringo,his wife, my wife and i. that's the reality of it and since ya ain't never met bubba ya ain't gonna be hoisting nuthin' with him.
especially since yer political and religious views are diametrically opposed.
ya had yer chance and ya blew it!-SNORK!

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:50 am

Yup Steve's being a disagreeable butthead....but the one who raised the crap to begin with was the usually shit stirrer.

by the way steve, when i suggest that bubba might join our gathering at the beer garden a coupla years ago,you responded by saying that if he's coming -you ain't
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:09 am

Looks like the problem here is that some of the posters have a "history" on other webboards and just plain don't like each other. That's not likely to change, but we can stop throwing dirtballs on here. I hereby resolve to avoid interacting with Steve, as a start.
Fair enough?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:38 am

Yep, that's the best way to resolve it. In fact I believe there may be a "block" feature that you can use to block a poster that you don't want to see although I haven't played with it yet.

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:09 am

It's probably just as easy...to just not read posts from posters you don't care for.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevebrtx Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:40 am

Now we're talking, I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier, a notarized statement from Pedro hisself.

Tell me Pedro, would that be on "official" PEDRO IN MEXICO stationary (or do you have to use your legal name?), you know the one with the biker treadmark seal that says EL JEFE? In any case, without doubt, that will clear up any details, who could possibly question the intent and veracity of such a sterling source as yourself? Especially with something that apparently happened 3 years ago. I sure do know it would be a benefit to me as I'm sure the rest of the community will also wait with baited breath to learn the full details of this - this atrocity perpetrated on the fine reputation of the man from Alabama.

Pedro, would you also help me remember when it happened exactly, I seem to have some holes in my memory that I'm sure you can fill in, I think it was maybe July and maybe either '07 or '08? - and BTW, congratulations, I had no idea a heart attack could bring the mind into such crystal clarity - I must remember to put one of those on my want list for next years Bday.

And, could you maybe help detail exactly what the context of the conversation which purportedly caused me to make such an outrageous statement and maybe you could also help me - assuming I did say such an unthinkable thing ?- what possible reason or benefit I could have imagined deriving from that? Was I possibly laughing, clenched teeth, tugging the collective legs at the table or - - - ? This part is really quite important, it goes to define my character - at least as "remembered" by you.

Again, we're all looking forward to the notarized document and also, I'm not an expert on these matters, will it be a "he said" or a "he said he said, then he said & he said" dissertation? And do they deliver those personally, should I expect a legal, police or military representative to serve me with this documentation?

I must insist on sharing it with everyone when it arrives, I'm sure you do understand (it helps define your character as documented by you?).

Thanks,
Steve

stevebrtx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next