INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to buy a COMFORTABLE recliner chair - preferably leather

+8
martygraw
ferret
Rolly
CheenaGringo
Parker
CanuckBob
hockables
RachelM
12 posters

Go down

Where to buy a COMFORTABLE recliner chair - preferably leather Empty Where to buy a COMFORTABLE recliner chair - preferably leather

Post by RachelM Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:05 pm

I am looking for a comfortable recliner chair, preferably leather. Can anyone recommend a likely place to look.
Also need a cot or folding bed or ??? for a teenager who will be visiting for a couple of weeks.

RachelM

Back to top Go down

Where to buy a COMFORTABLE recliner chair - preferably leather Empty Re: Where to buy a COMFORTABLE recliner chair - preferably leather

Post by hockables Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:30 pm

RachelM wrote:I am looking for a comfortable recliner chair, preferably leather. Can anyone recommend a likely place to look.
Also need a cot or folding bed or ??? for a teenager who will be visiting for a couple of weeks.

When folks are done kick'n each other in the nuts maybe they'll answer.... I'm very interest as well.... I planned a daytrip to TakiPaki... ( whatever ) cause Bob said that wuz the place for higher end stuff... I want ( preferably leather ) sofa and recliner for the Den
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Where to buy a COMFORTABLE recliner chair - preferably leather Empty Re: Where to buy a COMFORTABLE recliner chair - preferably leather

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:33 pm

hockables wrote:I planned a daytrip to TakiPaki...

Isn't that just down the highway from Yorkton.............?????

I would check in Tonola first.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:35 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
hockables wrote:I planned a daytrip to TakiPaki...

Isn't that just down the highway from Yorkton.............?????

I would check in Tonola first.

If it wuz... I'd know where ta get my sofa....lol
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Now this is funny, "TakiPaki", Thanks for the humor. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:44 pm

Hocks:

From what I have seen in Tlaquepaque, you might see a sofa to your liking but I wouldn't expect much in the way of recliners. There are some very nice furniture stores in Guadalajara known to carry higher end nice leather furniture. Also along Hwy 35 between Poncitlan and Ocotlan, there are numerous furniture factories and showrooms.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:51 pm

I believe they make some La Z Boys in Mexico so perhaps they have an outlet in GDL.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:10 pm

hockables wrote:
RachelM wrote:I am looking for a comfortable recliner chair, preferably leather. Can anyone recommend a likely place to look.

When folks are done kick'n each other in the nuts maybe they'll answer.... I'm very interest as well.... I planned a daytrip to TakiPaki... ( whatever ) cause Bob said that wuz the place for higher end stuff... I want ( preferably leather ) sofa and recliner for the Den

Now for everyone’s convenience and spelling help this shopping area will also be acknowledge as “TakiPaki”. Those having issue with this please contact the next “morida” cop for ligation issues. Thanks to all those concerned and please forward this to all friends and family. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

O.K. So some things are just funnier to some than others. razberry

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:22 pm

I bought a very comfortable recliner from Sam's. It's faux leather, aka plastic. I sleep in it because I cannot lie flat due to breathing problems. It has held up just fine after having a 300# guy sleeping in it for three years.

The last time I was in Sam's, the chair was available in two colors, black and brown. There is a matching couch.

When I lived in LA, i bought a LazyBoy recliner. It cost more and was of a lesser quality than my Sam's chair.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:44 pm

There is a Tutto Pelle store in the Gallerias Mall. They make amazing leather furniture and it is COMFORTABLE! There are different grades and colours of leather to choose from. I'll do a search on TOB because this topic has been covered before.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:50 pm

You can buy lay z boy at Liverpool, also Muebles Placentia has a good selection of recliners. There are a number of stores on lopes Mataeo that sell recliners. Have never seen a recliner in either Tlaquepaque or Tonala. Lots of sofas, love seats ect tho.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:09 pm

There are some good links on this thread...

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=30316&st=0&p=235884&hl=+leather%20+recliner&fromsearch=1&#entry235884

I also got some great leads in this thread when I was looking for a couple of chairs.

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=28412&st=0&p=219982&hl=+leather%20+recliner&fromsearch=1&#entry219982
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:54 am

You can get decent Leather furniture at PLACENCIA on Lopez Mateos Sur for reasonable prices. They have several locations in GDL. Another one is on Federalisimo. They have a Sale going on now.

PLACENCIA (They have many stores in Guad)
2565 Lopez Mateos South - Guadalajara
Telephones: 01 800 710 5756 or 01 333 134 0303
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:12 pm

I second the recommendation for Placencia. We got some great deals there a few years back. 50% off kind of deals. They have really nice stuff!

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:19 am

We bought a leather couch, recliner, and king size temperpedic clone
bed from furniture for less in Riberas on south side of Carraterra. He
speaks perfect english, listened to us, priced it on paper showing
discounts, and delivered on time. We thought the prices were fair and
it is COMFORTABLE STUFF unlike some furniture around here. We would
buy from him again. Note we did buy a lot of stuff which is the best way
to buy furniture. He has very good prices on memory foam matresses.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:18 am

Thank you Zed! We will be going and checking out the mattresses...we're moving again and, this time, we will be providing our own bed...been fighting to get out of the "hole" every morning for nearly a year now.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:52 pm

I would not go to Tlaquepaque or Tonalá for recliners. Chairs and foot stools yes , recliners no.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:37 pm

Went to Furniture for Less today and we will be buying a mattress and base from there. That place improves every time I'm in there and the service is impeccable. Who knew that bed legs could come in whatever size you wanted them in Mexico? Fabulous selection of leather recliners and leather furniture.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Furniture for Less sells Palliser Leather Couches and recliners including
the couch with two recliners on the ends. They have a factory in Winnepeg
and Mexico. Only comfortable furniture we could find down here and when
you remember it comes preloaded with 18% IVA tax the price was good
on the furniture and the prices were very good on the memory foam
mattress. After my experience I won't buy from anybody else. He actually
listens to you and does what you ask him to do. I am a picky guy and this
place is great!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down