INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recliner sofa in Ajijic/Chapala

+3
rafterbr
ferret
Polarboogie
7 posters

Go down

recliner sofa in Ajijic/Chapala Empty recliner sofa in Ajijic/Chapala

Post by Polarboogie Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:55 pm

We are looking for a recliner sofa and was wondering if anyone in Ajijic or Chapala has them in stock that we can look at them. We know there are many places that will order them for us, but thought we'd see if anyone had them locally.

Polarboogie

Back to top Go down

recliner sofa in Ajijic/Chapala Empty Re: recliner sofa in Ajijic/Chapala

Post by ferret Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:20 pm

Did you check with IB Furniture on the highway in San Antonio Tlayacapan? Same plaza as Sunrise Restaurant.
376-766-4972 both brothers speak English
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Polarboogie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:00 pm

Best buy we found was one block south of Jocotepec plaza. They delivered to Riberas. You go to west end of plaza, one block south and a little ways back east. Cheapest furniture store we have found. We also bought table and chairs there.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Polarboogie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Polarboogie Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:16 pm

Thank you for the suggestions, we'll definitely check them out.

Polarboogie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:08 pm

rafterbr wrote:Best buy we found was one block south of Jocotepec plaza.  They delivered to Riberas.  You go to west end of plaza, one block south and a little ways back east.  Cheapest furniture store we have found.  We also bought table and chairs there.

That store is Mueblerias del Sur on Calle Santana. Calle Santana is a one way street going West. If you want to park on Santana, then coming from Ajijic, you could turn Left at the first street light in Joco, Gonzalez Ortega Sur, then right at the next corner which is Calle Santana. About 4 or 5 blocks down Calle Santana on your right before you hit Hidalgo.

kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

rafterbr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:39 am

We bought our reclining loveseat and chair from IB furniture as stated above. It is Palliser, imported from Canada. It is not cheap but is of the highest quality. 12 years later it still looks and feels like brand new. Truly a case of "you get what you pay for"........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Irish Gal, ferret, BisbeeGal and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:11 am

And comfortable, right CBob? So many of the upholstered seating options in Mexico are like sitting on a board. I like to sink my tush into nice cushions. It's a lot easier now to find them but still do the "butt" test first!
You could also look at the second floor of the UOU store in West Ajijic on northwest corner of Rio Bravo and the highway. Looked good recently but I didn't try any of them out for comfort. They did have a cool chair that converts to a bed but it was too big for my living room... so I didn't bother even sitting in it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:25 am

IB has many options for made to order, from choice of colors to grade of leather to firmness of cushions.  We have bought 2 non-reclining leather sofas from them since 2008.  At our current home the sofa is nearly 7 years old and looks brand new and the cushions have not sagged or flattened.  

They will let you take their leather sample booklet home so you can see the colors in your own room.  As I recall the wait time was 5 or 6 weeks for the custom made sofas.  

We did luck upon 2 leather chair recliners at UOU Furniture in west Ajijic that were being sold in boxes (they unboxed and assembled upon delivery).  We had googled those chairs before buying and found they were also sold in US Costcos.  They remain in great shape, too, after 6+ years.  UOU has an ever-changing inventory of furniture and is more hit-or-miss finding what you want at any given time, but worth a look.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob and ferret like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ColorMeBlue Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:03 pm

Polarboogie -- I have a 3-piece motorized recliner sofa that I would be happy to make available. Excellent condition. Italian leather. Purchased from Placencia in GDL.

It is a fine piece of furniture, but my wife wants to reorganize the sala and the sofa does not really work in the new configuration.

PM me if you have any interest. I can send you photos and dimensions.

ColorMeBlue

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down