INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Burro Cart (Welcome Wagon)

+11
simpsca
lunateak
sparks
CanuckBob
lucky
Carry Bean
juanrey
Intercasa
David
martygraw
oncesubtle
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Burro Cart  (Welcome Wagon) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burro Cart (Welcome Wagon)

Post by David Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:16 am

Bob, TOB that JaunRey mentioned is Sparks old board, now Pedro's board. Pretty quiet over there.

David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The Burro Cart  (Welcome Wagon) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burro Cart (Welcome Wagon)

Post by CanuckBob Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Well I'm glad to see that Sparks found someone to take it over. Would have been a shame to see all those years of work go down the toilet. I'm sure Pedro will attract his own crowd of members who enjoy his style.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:05 pm

Hey Juanrey, see ya when ya get here! We're donezo house sitting Wednesday and will be home then.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Looking forward to it RoofBob.
Got a couple takers on sharing info, so this ought to be a great trip.
On the plane now, Boy am I looking forward to some cooler weather.

See ya soon

Juan
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:45 pm

How has the trip been going Juan? What have you done so far?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:38 pm

Well a big old THANK YOU to the folks my wife and I met on our "rainy season" trip, and to those we didn't meet, we hope to meet you on our next trip. Everyone's hospitality was absolutely great and much appreciated.

We were down for about 17 days to experience the "rainy season" and try living (staying in apartment instead of B&B) to see if moving Lakeside is something that we can handle. My observations are as follows:

1. People are great, friendly, hospitable, and most friendly.
2. Weather is great - and it DOES rain mainly at night
3. Getting around without a car is very doable, buses are nice
4. Food & Restaurants - good food, great service, great value,
5. Tall Boys - play good music and reminds me of a 45th class reunion
6. Alcohol - plentiful and cheap, could get in trouble if not careful
7. Mood enhancers - plentiful and cheap, would stay in trouble all the time

Seems to me Lakeside is a place where retired folks can go and play once their worklife is done. Being surrounded by people your own age, similar circumstances, and like-minded creates and atmosphere that is very conducive to living in a happy and positive environment. The people I met are as busy as they want to be, and have to make time for "jammy day" (I like that phrase RoofBob). You can do whatever you want, and enjoy or exist, it's your choice.

It might take a couple more trips to get the wife comfortable with moving down, but she's staying positive and I think it's probably easier for men than woman. But, I'll keep coming back and hopefully will be down within the year.

Really do appreciate the hospitality extended by Lunateak, Oncesubtle, Richard. Candace, David & Ann, Kate, Joni & Carl, Rudy & Eileen, Pedro & Yvonne, Patrick and Rolly, and others we had the pleasure of spending time with. Thank you very much for your hospitality, I hope to be able to reciprocate in the not too distant future.

Juan
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:34 pm

Glad you enjoyed yourself. I didn't hear from you.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The Burro Cart  (Welcome Wagon) - Page 2 Empty Lake Chapala newcomers

Post by teddybear450 Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:03 pm

My husband and I are coming down from BC, Canada for the first time in mid-November. We intend to stay 4 months. At this time we don't know what town we will rent in. It would be nice to meet some of you and get some helpful hints on areas and activities.

teddybear450

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:58 am

Teddybear, my suggestion is to monitor the boards and get involved in them. You will find many people who are smart and offer valuable insight into the area (if you are unfamiliar with it). Prior to making my first trip in April, I was exchanging PM's with many on the forums, and had the opportunity to gain their insight. When we got down there we met several. On our second trip in August, we met many more people and had a great time. All these boards are invaluable sources of information and a great way to make new friends. Hope you have a great trip.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2