INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CNN Story Today Re: CDMX Could Run Out of Water in Months

3 posters

Go down

CNN Story Today Re: CDMX Could Run Out of Water in Months Empty CNN Story Today Re: CDMX Could Run Out of Water in Months

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:13 am

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/25/climate/mexico-city-water-crisis-climate-intl/index.html

Here's an excerpt, but story isn't paywalled so it's readable by all.  It was broadcast on their morning news show this AM.

CNN wrote:Water shortages are not uncommon in this neighborhood, but this time feels different, Gomez said. “Right now, we are getting this hot weather. It’s even worse, things are more complicated.”

Mexico City, a sprawling metropolis of nearly 22 million people and one of the world’s biggest cities, is facing a severe water crisis as a tangle of problems — including geography, chaotic urban development and leaky infrastructure — are compounded by the impacts of climate change.

Years of abnormally low rainfall, longer dry periods and high temperatures have added stress to a water system already straining to cope with increased demand. Authorities have been forced to introduce significant restrictions on the water pumped from reservoirs.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

CNN Story Today Re: CDMX Could Run Out of Water in Months Empty Re: CNN Story Today Re: CDMX Could Run Out of Water in Months

Post by ferret Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:16 pm

Everybody has to do their part in water conservation. Everybody. NOW!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

CNN Story Today Re: CDMX Could Run Out of Water in Months Empty Re: CNN Story Today Re: CDMX Could Run Out of Water in Months

Post by mudgirl Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:36 pm

Definitely. I have always had water delivery issues where I live, and always conserve water. Although I am on the city water line, Sayulita's wells got super low last season and I didn't get any water from the second week in April until August- I had to buy pipas. I used rain water from the time the rains started, which Icollected in pails, for almost everything, saving the water in the tinako for showers and flushing the upstairs toilet.

A big problem re water conservation are the tourists, who are clueless and take 20 minute showers, leave the water running when they brush their teeth or wash dishes, and flush the toilet every time they have a little tinkle.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:22 pm

I have an aljibe and a tinaco. I operated my house just off the tinaco since I bought it in March of 2016. Now the street pressure is not enough to get up to the tinaco plus I'm only getting water sporadically. I do have a simple bypass pump with which I could fill the tinaco from the aljibe  in the four times that I've run out of water in the past year... usually with my hair full of shampoo. With the lack of rain last rainy season, I have taken the precaution of installing a submersible pump in the aljibe and isolating the tinaco as emergency water for flushing. The water trickles into the aljibe from the street but it continues to maintain its level. I check it daily and, if I notice it not maintaining its level, I will cut back on consumption even more tightly than I already do. I really want to collect rain water from my roof but am limited in the space that I have to do this so am hoping that I will find the tall cylinders that are 24 inches in diameter and about six feet tall (hold about 600 litres). I have space for two of those. I am grateful for all that I learned in conservation when living way out in the boonies  north of Toronto. Water conservation is now automatic behaviour for me.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down