INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microwave Repair ?

5 posters

Go down

Microwave Repair ? Empty Microwave Repair ?

Post by Bill Phillips Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:42 pm

My microwave just quit.  Any recommendation for a repair person?  Prefer English speaking....
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Microwave Repair ? Empty Re: Microwave Repair ?

Post by ferret Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:25 pm

There is a small appliance repair shop almost to the next corner (east side) up the street that runs down beside the Oxxo on the highway in Ajijic. I don't know if he speaks English because I've always spoken to him in Spanish. His shop is full of small kitchen appliances with identifying tags on them. Worth a try. You will have to go up the one way street beside La Montana plaza, make a right at the first corner and then another right at the next corner.. shop on your left a couple of doors down. It is very hard to find parking so go with two people so one can keep driving around the block and pick you up after you've dropped it off. He is very reasonably priced. Suerte. Here are some Spanish words that you may need. "Descompuesto" (broken), "Rotado" (also broken) and the easiest "No funcione". Or he may speak English.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:40 pm

I think I may have screwed up the instructions because Colon is the street beside La Montana plaza and it is one way going the wrong way. So go to the next street that goes north and make that two blocks going to the right to get to the street that goes down beside the Oxxo (with Intercam beside it).
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:22 pm

I also used a word that means rotated in Spanish. It should be "roto" not "rotado". Close but no cigar.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:36 pm

ferret wrote:I think I may have screwed up the instructions because Colon is the street beside La Montana plaza and it is one way going the wrong way. So go to the next street that goes north and make that two blocks going to the right to get to the street that goes down beside the Oxxo (with Intercam beside it).

Is the small shop north or south of the OXXO?  I'm trying to narrow it down with Google Maps.
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:37 am

Head to TOB for CORRECT instructions on location from PNR1. I realized when I was in bed last night that I had made yet another error and didn't want to fire up the computer again to correct it. I should never give detailed instructions after 10 pm when I'm tired.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:21 am

Thanks to Mudgirl for the Spanish correction and to PNR1 for posting the following on TOB. Oy vey!

9 hours ago, PNR1 said:

Oxxo has nothing to do with it. At the LAST traffic light heading west, turn right and next corner right, and at virtually on the next corner, glance corner at your right, and you will see it. Yip parking is not too handy.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:08 am

Thanks one and all...... I too have learned about the timing of posting. Not before my 2nd. coffee in the morning or after my 2nd. rum and coke in the late afternoon.

I have checked Walmart, Soriana, Costco and Amazon and buy a new one for 2500 pesos. In the sober light of day, it makes more sense to replace it.
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:12 am

You can put your broken one out on sidewalk with a sign saying No Funciona. Someone will take it off your hands.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Bill Phillips, ferret and Canada_Mike like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:58 pm

oatsie wrote:Thanks one and all......   I too have learned about the timing of posting.  Not before my 2nd. coffee in the morning or after my 2nd. rum and coke in the late afternoon.

I have checked Walmart, Soriana, Costco and Amazon and buy a new one for 2500 pesos.  In the sober light of day, it makes more sense to replace it.

Great idea......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:51 pm

I just checked with the Ajijic Recycle Centre and they will recycle ​​​​​​​microwaves.
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, Canada_Mike and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:44 am

In many cases, it may actually be more cost effective to repair a microwave if the issue is minor and the appliance is relatively new. However, if the microwave is over ten years old or has developed several issues, it may be more affordable to purchase a new microwave.

What is the life expectancy of a microwave magnetron?
about 2000 hours
Most microwave magnetrons last about 2000 hours. Low-quality microwave magnetrons won't last as long. If your microwave does not heat properly or dies, it's possible the magnetron died. If so you're better off replacing the whole microwave.

BTW, I prefer microwaves with Inverter technology, superior to regular units.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and RickS like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down