INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapala Anecdote

2 posters

Go down

Chapala Anecdote Empty Chapala Anecdote

Post by OldWEB Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:45 pm

Anecdote, a really odd word to spell...

But I thought I would just tell a story of living here, in the Chapala 'burbs.

I was doing my daily walk up the hill to the church, I call the Climb of a 1000 Steps or Death of 1000 Steps, what ever, it is a killer... and this is ALL in the poorest part of town, I read also that it is the poorest area in all of Jalisco state.
But one time I got close to the top by the church and on the ground was what looked like a doll, I picked it up and it is... a wooden hand-made doll, with string wrapped around for a "dress", braided hair with beads, boobs sticking out through the dress, but it sure looks manly... It had been driven over, was all muddy, I found some braids that pulled off and even a week later I had found another braid by the church! I kept the creature, carried in my hand and kept going and said "Hola" to some lady with a kid standing by the church, then went to do my stretch/exercises at the top. That lady, sans kid, later called to ME when I was leaving to head down and spoke español to ME, gesturing to the creature.... :-o
What I got out of her (she 'looked' a bit like a 'wild woman') was "Talisman"... all the while indicating up to the sky.... well that spooked ME so I offered the doll for her to keep (she was holding it) but she declined a few times, just telling ME about the spirit or sky or something 'up there' and wanted ME to keep it. So I did.
Brought it home, bathed, cleaned it up and glued what extra braids I had found and now my Talisman sits in a coveted spot here... looks spooky and is heavy. I am not wanting to piss it off....

Any idea what the origin of Talisman could be?

OldWEB
OldWEB
Share Holder
Share Holder

DuckieHoomever likes this post

Back to top Go down

Chapala Anecdote Empty Re: Chapala Anecdote

Post by mudgirl Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:56 pm

She was trying to tell you that it was something like a voodoo doll or someone's personal talisman, that you shouldn't carrying around, not that it was a specific figure called "Talisman".

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down