INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is an appointment needed to renew Canadian passport

+2
Ezzie
Bacchus
6 posters

Go down

Is an appointment needed to renew Canadian passport Empty Is an appointment needed to renew Canadian passport

Post by Bacchus Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:33 am

I need to renew my Canadian passport. Is an appointment needed with the Canadian consulate to do this

Bacchus

Back to top Go down

Is an appointment needed to renew Canadian passport Empty Re: Is an appointment needed to renew Canadian passport

Post by Ezzie Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:08 am

No. Go online and download the forms and then courier your docs and payment to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City. Just follow the instructions on the web site.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Is an appointment needed to renew Canadian passport Empty Re: Is an appointment needed to renew Canadian passport

Post by ferret Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:33 am

You can renew your Canadian Passport at Tio Corp in Mirasol. Painless and efficient. We renewed many times dealing directly with the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City but Tio Corp was a breath of fresh air.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:55 am

You (and other Canadians) may want to go to this meeting,

Semanario Laguna
18 hours ago
·
🌐 #CharquitoInformativo | El Consulado de Canadá en #Guadalajara ofrecerá una presentación de los servicios que ofrece para la comunidad canadiense el 24 de enero a las 15:00 horas, en las instalaciones del Lake Chapala Society, en #Ajijic.
Más información al correo: gjara@international.gc.ca
#SemanarioLaguna #LaNoticiaComoEs📰

🌐 #CharquitoInformativo | The Consulate of Canada in #Guadalajara will offer a presentation of the services it offers to the Canadian community on January 24th at 15:00 hours, at the Lake Chapala Society facilities, in #Ajijic.
For more info email: gjara@international.gc . ca
#SemanarioLaguna #LaNoticiaComoEs📰

BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by OldWEB Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:23 am

BisbeeGal wrote:You (and other Canadians) may want to go to this meeting,

Thanks, I know two that need passport renewals and other have questions.
OldWEB
OldWEB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:48 pm

The Consulate website still says submit application to Mexico City. Maybe they are changing. A friend in PV just got his Passport renewed through PV Consulate but not sure if the actual renewal was done there  or in Mexico City.
Driving to Guadalajara once to drop off and returning to pick up is a no deal as far I am concerned but I always sent my stuff direct to Mexico City.
The thing is not to mail, courier works well and is safer. Use iShop and Mail, they know the procedures and are very efficient.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Irish Gal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:33 pm

When we lived in San Pancho, Nayarit, we renewed through the Canadian PV Consulate. They send it to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City because only Embassies can renew passports. They also LOST the beautiful Copperplate handwritten long form of my husband's birth certificate. From then on, we did it ourselves until I used Tio Corp. The last time I renewed with Tio Corp, I was finally able to choose the 10 year format which only became available about six months after I had previously renewed with them for five years. Very happy with TioCorp and you can pay with a credit card if you choose. I like easy and painless.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down