INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current property tax website for 2024 tax due

+5
Bill Phillips
RickS
CanuckBob
BisbeeGal
sm1mex
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Current property tax website for 2024 tax due - Page 2 Empty Re: Current property tax website for 2024 tax due

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:32 am

I recall that last year it was a few weeks into the year before that payment screen worked. I gave up and printed the invoice and paid at OXXO....lol.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Current property tax website for 2024 tax due - Page 2 Empty Re: Current property tax website for 2024 tax due

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:45 am

Last year they wouldn't let me pay at OXXO or BBVA....was over their limit as 3rd party agent.  I ended up going to Chapala (ugh!).  At least they let me use my US cc there with no mark up.  

I was never able to use my US cc at their website last year, though it's against Visa/Mastercard rules for a business to use their logos and not accept a card issued anywhere in world.  

This year I will file a complaint with Visa if Chapala continues to deny US cc's at their site.  I filed a complaint against Coppell several years ago on same issue and Coppell began accepting US cc's online.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:53 am

I guess the limit has changed because I paid at OXXO without a problem. Taxes were the same as last year.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:12 am

Before last year I was able to pay at OXXO and BBVA, but my taxes doubled last year and put it over the threshold for 3rd party agents. I may go check at BBVA to see what current limit is, but rather pay by cc even if it means a trip to Chapala.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:50 am

I've paid $6500 peso CFE bills at OXXO before. I didn't realize they had a limit.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:56 am

CanuckBob wrote:I've paid $6500 peso CFE bills at OXXO before. I didn't realize they had a limit.

10K limit on the predial last year. When the OXXO couldn't get payment to be accepted, I figured it was their system or the cashier. I went to BBVA and the cashier had same problem and error message (forget what it was). At BBVA a supervisor came over and she told me it was the 10K limit. Again, this was last year on the predial. Not sure if it applies to other bills.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:28 am

OK, I've never had a bill over 10K.....

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by OldWEB Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:41 pm

CanuckBob wrote:The last cards issued a couple of years ago are good for 5 years. They just give you a paid receipt now which you download and print out. If you don't have a card or it is expired, you would have to go to the office I suppose.
Maybe a scooter is different, that is all I register. (I erred earlier by saying 'vehicle') They give you a sheet similar to what you posted above, but it has a small wallet-sized card you remove... only good for one year as you get a new sheet each year. I have not been given a "5-year plastic card", guess motos are different. I also notice I do NOT get the 10% discount!
OldWEB
OldWEB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by OldWEB Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:50 pm

Today I walked down to the "Recaudadora Estatal" on Degollado to pay the scooter fees, walked in @ 0930 hrs straight to the counter, paid and walked out. No lines or waiting.
OldWEB
OldWEB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:31 am

The Chapala predal site now lets you get to the payment page.  While it shows the Mastercard and Visa logos, it will not accept our US cc's (we have a lot and tried them all!).  

Anyone have any luck using a NON-Mexican credit card at Chapala's online site?

The agreement between merchants and the card companies is: if they show the logo, they MUST accept the cards regardless of country of origen.

I asked at the Chapala FB page last year and again this year.  Crickets.

The municipio accepts US cc's in person at their office but not online.  Or at least that was the case last year.

If they accepted US cc's online (and had the payment screen operational when the site opened on Jan.1st, they'd have had my tax dollars the first week of January.  Now they'll wait until I drive over there the last week of February.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:45 am

You can also use a debit card exactly like a credit card (assuming you have sufficient funds in account) so if you have a Mexican debit card.......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:12 am

No MXN accounts for me.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:11 pm

That the Mexican governments can't get their web pages working properly in Dec. for payments due in January in this day and age when people tend to opt for online payments is ridiculous.
I was able to pay my predial online in Bahia de Banderas, Nayarit, no problem, but the state site for paying the vehicle refrendo has been closed for "maintenance" since the beginning of January. The page to enter your information flashes on the screen for a split second, then goes to "Sorry, closed for maintenance". So absurd.

I must say I don't understand why long-time residents refuse to open a Mexican bank account. It can make things so much easier. There's no need to keep a lot of $ in it. I just make sure to keep the minimum amount not to incur service fees in my BBVA account, adding more if I need to make a payment online. I can't imagine living here for 20 years and having to constantly hit ATMs for cash from NOB accounts, or waste my time trying to get websites to accept NOB credit cards. Not to mention having to carry a bunch of cash around when going on a big shopping trip to various places instead of just using my BBVA debit card.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:01 pm

ATM's are a pretty recent development for me here. From 1996 to 2014, we had an account with Lloyd which became Actinver. Never had a problem with Lloyd but Actinver was a P.I.T.A. Using ATM's was far preferable to their B.S. Now, I have an account with Intercam which I opened specifically to purchase a car. They accept personal cheques written on a Canadian account which makes it easy to top up and gives me another debit card in case something happens to my Canadian one. I normally grocery shop with my Canadian credit (or debit) card and I can purchase from Amazon Mexico and Amazon U.S. with my Canadian Credit Card as well.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Irish Gal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:11 pm

Having a Mexican bank account and topping it up by writing a check on your Canadian account, rather than having to hit ATMs all the time makes sense, and goes along with my "so much easier to have a Mexican bank account when you live here full time".

But paying for local purchases with a Canadian or US credit or debit card doesn't make financial sense at all to me, because it means you are subject to whatever the exchange rate happens to be on that specific day. Whereas if you transfer a lump sum of money to a Mexican bank account, you can try to do that when you see the rate is pretty good or wait a few days if you expect the rate to go up, or do it sooner if it is starting to spiral downwards.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:42 pm

Intercam is on the other side of Ajijic. I'd rather use an ATM than sit in my car trying to get through the traffic mess. But, when I do top up the Intercam account (when the rate is good), using my Intercam debit card costs less than half the transaction fee and there is no foreign exchange rate. I already PAID the foreign exchange rate when I deposited the cheque. They get ya comin' and goin' whichever way you choose to get money down here. I only use the ATM twice a month. No big deal for the convenience.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:48 pm

I have a Schwab card and pay no ATM fees anywhere in the world. Not sure if Canadians can get one?? As far as MX bank accounts, I've never needed or wanted one. Bought and remodeled two houses in Ajijic, bought a new car, etc. without needing a MX account.

For Americans there are tax filing implications if you have a foreign bank account. While you don't need to file FBAR returns if accounts remain under equiv. of 10K USD at all times during previous year, you are required to declare you have a foreign account no matter its balance on your 1040.

I see no need to open that can of worms with IRS.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and zdogs like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:11 pm

Canadians can get a Scotia account and use the Scotia ATM's here for nada...

I have a BBVA account for business purposes but have found it to be quite handy for the reasons mentioned above. Also, for $1.99 CAD I can wire money online from my Scotia account in Canada to my BBVA account here. Easy peasy.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:16 pm

I've had my TD account since I was 27. Too much organizational effort required to change now for free ATM withdrawals. I like my rut.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:23 pm

Thats a pretty serious rut.........lol. TD doesn't let you do online wire transfers to Intercam?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:33 pm

Probably but why bother when I can just write a good old fashioned cheque?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:37 pm

Lol.......I haven't used a cheque in 20 years. And you wouldn't have to "GASP" drive to Ajijic.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:53 pm

Good point but I usually combine other things that I have to do on that side of town to make the hassle worth while.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:37 am

CanuckBob wrote:Canadians can get a Scotia account and use the Scotia ATM's here for nada...

I have a BBVA account for business purposes but have found it to be quite handy for the reasons mentioned above. Also, for $1.99 CAD I can wire money online from my Scotia account in Canada to my BBVA account here. Easy peasy.

I have the same- Scotia in Canada and BBVA here. I've never tried wiring money- I've always used xetrade to transfer. When you say you wire for $1.99, does the $ get wired in Canadian dollars and BBVA does the peso exchange at BBVA's rate, or how does it work?

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:20 am

Scotia does the exchange and send pesos. You can go online and check it out. When you enter the amount in CAD it tells you exactly how much in MXN that you will get.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:24 am

ferret wrote:I've had my TD account since I was 27. Too much organizational effort required to change now for free ATM withdrawals. I like my rut.

I've had a TD account since 1971; I had to change it in 2005 since they wouldn't allow me to maintain it living out of Canada.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next