INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Direct flights from Guadalajara to Vancouver starting at the end of May 2024

+4
soundman
RoyD
Bill Phillips
CanuckBob
8 posters

Go down

Direct flights from Guadalajara to Vancouver starting at the end of May 2024 Empty Direct flights from Guadalajara to Vancouver starting at the end of May 2024

Post by CanuckBob Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:13 am

This is excellent news and looooong overdue.

https://www.aviacionline.com/2023/11/guadalajara-set-to-receive-flairs-non-stop-flights-from-canada/

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Direct flights from Guadalajara to Vancouver starting at the end of May 2024 Empty Re: Direct flights from Guadalajara to Vancouver starting at the end of May 2024

Post by Bill Phillips Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:18 am

Hopefully, Toronto will be next.
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

ferret and Canada_Mike like this post

Back to top Go down

Direct flights from Guadalajara to Vancouver starting at the end of May 2024 Empty Re: Direct flights from Guadalajara to Vancouver starting at the end of May 2024

Post by RoyD Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:08 pm

That is great news.

Our direct flight from Orlando was stress free. No transferring to another plane and rushing to get to the gate before they take off. "Are my bags going to make it?" and other stresses of the day. 3 and a half hours and we are there.

There is nothing better than a direct flight.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by soundman Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:04 am

Indeed great news!
Finally.

soundman

wende likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:00 pm

They are already taking bookings for these direct flights. Prices start at $199.00 each way. Fabulous.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:09 pm

$199US, including taxes and fees? I managed to get a ticket on Westjet from Vancouver to PV this Sept. for $230 CAN, once they took off the tourist tax. I was pretty happy about that.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:21 pm

Flair Airlines....never heard of it.  Is it budget or does it have classes?  At our age other than a 2 hour flight (or less), want biz or 1st class.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:41 pm

Canadian budget airline, no frills, 2.5* average rating. Read the reviews. Get what you pay for. Been in business since 2005.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:15 pm

I don't mind getting what I pay for but haven't, when flying, for a very long time. I fly economy and resent paying $900 dollars to be crammed in like a sardine and fed a package of pretzels and a soft drink all the while having to pay extra to check a bag.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:59 pm

Agreed. While I got a good price on my Westjet ticket back down here this Sept, the scene at the airport was insane. They absurdly had everyone in the same lineup, regardless of whether our flight left in 2 hrs or 5, instead of designating ticketing booths for each flight.
I got to the airport 2 and a half hours before before my flight, stood in line for an hour and a half. They finally started pulling the people with imminent flights out of the lineup less than an hour before we had to be at the boarding gate. We had to run through the airport to the security, where there was another lineup, and only one security booth open, then run to the boarding gate and just made it 10 minutes before take-off.
I hate flying these days.

And I know this is politically incorrect, but why should I, at 100 pounds, have the same free baggage allowance as the 300 pound lardass, since it takes three times as much fuel to transport him as to transport me?

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:38 pm

mudgirl wrote:$199US, including taxes and fees? I managed to get a ticket on Westjet from Vancouver to PV this Sept. for $230 CAN, once they took off the tourist tax. I was pretty happy about that.

$199.00 CAD including everything. This is with one personal item only. I have flown Flair several times with no problems at all.

I never travel with luggage and do all my check-ins online. I haven't stood in a line up for years (other than security and customs).

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:45 pm

I think you can find people who have had horrible experiences and hassle-free ones regarding pretty much any airline. I had awful experiences with Air Canada, and will avoid ever booking them with them again. Westjet used to be great to deal with, and in some ways still is (like if I phone the regional number in Calgary, the call usually gets picked up without a long wait time and the agents are personable and helpful), but their service in general seems to have gone downhill since Covid.

I wish I could get away without checked luggage, and have done a couple of times, but while I could pretty much fit everything I need in carry-on when flying up to Canada, I usually have the checked bag full of things to bring back down on the way back. Buying a suitcase up there to bring back full would cost me more than the checked baggage fee I pay on the way up, for a partially full bag.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:01 am

It is cheap enough and easy enough to fly up for quick visits a few times per year. Whatever I bring back needs to fit in my backpack. Since all our family lives in Vancouver this a great news for us. It lessens the travel time there by a minimum 5 hours (and sometimes more depending on the layover times). My last flight back from Vancouver was 14 hours total including airport times and layovers.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:17 am

CanuckBob wrote:
mudgirl wrote:$199US, including taxes and fees? I managed to get a ticket on Westjet from Vancouver to PV this Sept. for $230 CAN, once they took off the tourist tax. I was pretty happy about that.

$199.00 CAD including everything. This is with one personal item only. I have flown Flair several times with no problems at all.

I never travel with luggage and do all my check-ins online. I haven't stood in a line up for years (other than security and customs).

Get a Nexus - Global Entry card and even Customs and Immigration is quicker.....
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sturdley Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:43 pm

I do not like Flair, BUT we use it twice a year to fly between Edmonton and PV enroute to and from Lakeside.

sturdley

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:15 pm

sturdley wrote:I do not like Flair, BUT we use it twice a year to fly between Edmonton and PV enroute to and from Lakeside.

Why do you fly Flair as opposed to Westjet? Are the fares significantly cheaper? I found a one way WJ ticket from Vancouver to PV this Sept. for $230 CAN.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sturdley Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:27 am

Flair is definitely cheaper than Westjet. Swoop was equal to Swoop, but now Westjet
has reintegrated Swoop into the parent airline.

sturdley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down