INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

traffic information ajijic-andares mall guad/this wk

+2
Chapalagringa
susan
6 posters

Go down

traffic information ajijic-andares mall guad/this wk Empty traffic information ajijic-andares mall guad/this wk

Post by susan Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:54 pm

i want to go to andares/palacio hierro mall in guad (ave patrica zapopan). depart ajijic@ 10am, return from guad around 3pm. is there alot of traffic? the games are still in guadalajara thru this week. is this route affected?

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

traffic information ajijic-andares mall guad/this wk Empty Re: traffic information ajijic-andares mall guad/this wk

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:45 pm

there's always going to be traffic around andares mall unless it's semana santa!

I'm shocked with how well traffic has been moving both here and in Guad! I thought it'd be horrid but I think it's been better than normal.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

traffic information ajijic-andares mall guad/this wk Empty Re: traffic information ajijic-andares mall guad/this wk

Post by susan Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:56 pm

gringochapala: been to andares many times, there is never traffic during those hours. possibly going back but its easy to get there. thought the games would make it more than an hour trip each way. i would wait till next week if its more than one hour.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Traffic is lighter with most schools out but best to take Periferico to Andares (get off at Aqueducto) as Patria can be tricky. Return home before 3pm.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:49 pm

inter casa: i am taking a taxi, as i never driven a car, have no clue about roads etc. will he know this information? im going thursday. thankyou. i dont want to pay for more than 15 minutes extra time if we are stuck.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:26 pm

Then negotiate a flat rate and sit back and relax. I don't know of many taxi's in Guad charging waiting time. Anyone ever heard of this?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:40 pm

i take taxies to guad for years. all drivers are different. i will recommend the road spencer suggested, they must know the routes. my deal is 500 pesos for 5 hours. (aprox 2 for travel time, 3 for mall, & he wont let me tell anyone). ill ask if he can waive any additional traffic tie up. yes some charge for wait time they all do it differently. they get as much as they can. this one will take me for this amount, IF he dosnt have a higher paying customer.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Traffic is always an unknown, even on the best routes depending on accidents, events, etc. You may want to hire a private driver as taxis may want to charge more although what you are offering to pay is 250 each way and most charge more than that for an airport run which is less than half the distance.

Charging for wait time only happens if you are being metered. Maybe to save time take the bus in, get dropped off at El Alamo and you can take Lazaro Cardenas to the Periferico (the new bridge and tunnels make it quick as well) via taxi and probably pay a little less for the whole trip.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:51 am

Intercasa wrote:
...... get dropped off at El Alamo and you can take Lazaro Cardenas to the Periferico (the new bridge and tunnels make it quick as well) via taxi and probably pay a little less for the whole trip.

You have to be kidding. Why go clear out to the periferico then north to Acueducto, then back to Andares? That is way out of the way just to avoid a short stretch between Lazaro Cardenas and Andares on Patria.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:24 am

They have the preference lane on Lazaro Cardenas and if you hit it wrong, more traffic, at the right time periferico works, next week it will all be moot but at times Patria is a parking lot, I've sat in it and its no fun.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:39 am

Lazaro Cardenas or actually Vallarta can be worse as you pass under R. Sanzio. And it is a long way still from there to the periferico. Patria heading north from Vallarta in the late morning should not be a problem.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:19 am

taxies will bend the rules as i said if its slow. ive gotton prices from 600 to 800 for andares. the 500 was my idea take it or leave it! (for drs appts they let you stay like maybe i hour than charge 150 per hr to wait, i dont do those deals). i may go to andares on monday. (friday will be weird going back and the visitors may be in the mall, & tamarrow i am busy). im spending like 200pesos more to go in a nice new comfortable cab, air conditioned & hes taken me to gaud before. now, rather than 2 buses for 40 pesos each way AND 1 trip to andares 100pesos & then another back to station for 100 pesos, unless they want 120pesos. thats like 280-300pesos & the filthy lowlife bus station? & when you get out of there to find your cab they look@you like vultures, these people are scary, ive had 2 incidents. then you find a guy who dosnt look like a killer in a sticky cab, & he ends up being a moron & refuses to take me to the front & i sit there & refuse to get out & its another 30 minutes for him to go round & round to get to the front even with a map! & getting back is not so pleasent, you miss a bus you have to sit in hell for up to 30 minutes. its what hell looks & feels like. why even chance it? even for FREE im not doing this. so buses & taxies total 280 pesos or 300 pesos. what are talking about here? another 200 to be human being? & leaving in taxi can be a problem, ill leave @ 2, & make a deal not pay for a traffic jam. as i said to the taxi take it or leave it.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSunshine Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Traffic wasn't bad yesterday. A bit congested at Gallerias, but that's nothing new.

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:08 pm

susie i received your message, but i have no way to reach you. thankyou for this possible alternative. i have not confirmed my taxie as of now, & need more information about your mini van.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down