INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trip from hell

3 posters

Go down

Trip from hell Empty Trip from hell

Post by kip Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:31 am

Murphy's law went into overdrive. More on that later... but the worst of it was...when we crossed the Border we lost all our electronica... phones, GPS, translator, laptop. AND when we tried to use the ATM... declined

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Trip from hell Empty Re: Trip from hell

Post by mudgirl Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:08 pm

Holy moly. By "lost", you mean they were confiscated, stolen, what?

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:34 pm

te="mudgirl"]Holy moly. By "lost", you mean they were confiscated, stolen, what?[/quote]

Oh hell no. Got lost in Neuvo Laredo tryig to get out visas...... Tried the translator so we could get help...not working. Phone wouldn't work,
THEN found a really nice hotel.... drove in that it was like te Twilight Zone. NO ONE there.... no cars ...NOTHING...no office that was noticable, finally a very condescending young man cme and sad No maskotas. Looked like NO anything

Next to it was a sign that said WIFI, AC...etc etc Yay. Looked OK freshly painted...paid for the room.....no key...oh goody. went in OMG two nasty beds set almost on the floor,, No AC. Nasty bathroom... worst fleabag flop house I've ever imagined! And HOT. Told Hal that it was pretty bad ...he said it didn't matter he was exausted. LOL... Walked in,,,,OH HELL NO.

We'd get one down the road..... but there were none down the road and we couldn't google to see if there was another way.

To be continued.....

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:00 pm

Oh, thanks for explanation- you meant you lost reception for your electronics, got it. I had a trip from hell once too. Just when we thought it was a bad as it could get, something worse happened. I hope it was just a one day glitch and things improve for the rest of your journey.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:35 am

mudgirl wrote:Oh, thanks for explanation- you meant you lost reception for your electronics, got it. I had a trip from hell once too. Just when we thought it was a bad as it could get, something worse happened. I hope it was just a one day glitch and things improve for the rest of your journey.

Maniacal laugh.......

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:04 pm

mudgirl wrote:Oh, thanks for explanation- you meant you lost reception for your electronics, got it. I had a trip from hell once too. Just when we thought it was a bad as it could get, something worse happened. I hope it was just a one day glitch and things improve for the rest of your journey.

Everything that could go wrong.  Did.   Food poisoning, flat tire....LOST most of the time,  accidently wound up on a runaway truck ramp....sand surfing..... than sank.  Power out at the AirBNB for 24 hours... hail storm with hail so large it sounded like we were being attacked... the sky light started leaking on the bed... Couldn't get the stem cell therapy I wanted because I didn't bring all the medical records...my bad..... on and on and on....... got home...the door wouldn't open..thought we had the wrong key.... no  the frigging instant hot water heater had started leaking and water under the house swelled the doors...and  buckled the floors. I'm talking tope style buckling.   Some A hole in Australia locked me out of my FB...and now I can't get on ANY facebook page.

It's seems to be unending..... but it's pain in the ass stuff rather than pain in the heart....no fur kids hurt while we were gone....so....you just deal with it.... but....damn.

Ajijic used to be such an easy, comfortable fit.  No stress... always felt like coming home.  Just not the same.  Hopefully when we come back in February for our dental work.... things will feel differently.,.,.,I hope..... IF I can find our Dentist's email!!!   I lost so much on FB!! Email had so many viruses Hal had to tear the whole thing down...still not right..and I can't find ANYBODY.

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:23 pm

Okay, now go get yourself a little old school address book and as you manage to retrieve people's email addresses and phone numbers, write them in the book, like we all used to do before we had everything online and assumed it would be available whenever we needed it.

I have always done that, and while I've missed writing a few down, it saved me when yahoo locked me out of my accounts recently. I managed to get them up and running again, but it freaked me out. Had so much info there. Now am also downloading anything off my email to my document files off-line and I even back that up onto a flash drive.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, ferret and kip like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:54 pm

Totally agree with mudgirl! Back ups to your back ups! My address book has lines for name, address, home phone, work phone, cell phone and e-mail address. I write things in it in pencil so they can be easily erased if the information is no longer needed or changes.
I wish more people did this because I have now lost contact with two of my friends because their accounts were hacked and all I had was their e-mail addresses. One in Australia and the other in the New York area.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

kip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:48 am

Large sigh..... hind sight is always 20/20.

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down