INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would apreciate some information on streaming.

2 posters

Go down

Would apreciate some information on streaming. Empty Would apreciate some information on streaming.

Post by Dante Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:20 pm

I have five people at a table talking to each other. They are in Chapala Mexico.

I want to have Joe, sandy, Morty, and Jesus, also in Chapala, who I want to be able to watch and hear the five people.

The five people talking want the other people to be able to see and hear them. They don't want the other people watching to have their pictures on the screen nor their voices to be heard.

Can/Will someone tell me what physical equipment I need and in simple terms, what needs to be done? I assume there is some platform I will be going through. The two people have access to an internet connection. They also have a CCTV CPU and camera(s)

Lastly, who can I get Lakeside to help me set this up? Yes, I will pay for assistance.

Thanks.

Dante

Back to top Go down

Would apreciate some information on streaming. Empty Re: Would apreciate some information on streaming.

Post by Lou Quillio Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:04 am

You need only agree on a video chat tool or, as you say, "platform." No special gear beyond a webcam is needed, and only the folks who'll be broadcasting video and/or audio need one.

Every participant, whether active of passive, will need to install the app for the platform you choose.

These days people seem to like Zoom, for ease of use, but there are a handful of platforms that work more or less the same. Google Meet, whatever Microsoft is calling Skype now, et al.

The meeting organizer uses the app to create a new meeting, to start immediately or at a future time. This produces a code (or a URL), which the organizer shares with each participant. At the appointed time, folks enter the code into their instance of the app, and they're in. Each user can typically decide if their image, video, or audio are included or not, and there may also be a text chat channel. Beyond individual choice, the organizer may have administrative tools that limit what each participant can do.

If the five people together in Chapala (presumably including the organizer) will share one webcam/mic -- say, a laptop positioned to capture them all -- you're done.

If the five people want to use individual devices (laptop, phone, tablet, etc.), they must take care that only one of their microphones is unmuted at a time, or there'll be audio feedback.

You'll want to do a dry run, but it's all pretty straightforward and free for personal use.

LQ
Lou Quillio
Lou Quillio

CanuckBob, Carry Bean and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down