INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gourmet garage expanding in Riberas

+5
Carry Bean
benjji
BisbeeGal
MexicoPete
sm1mex
9 posters

Go down

Gourmet garage expanding in Riberas Empty Gourmet garage expanding in Riberas

Post by sm1mex Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:40 pm

This store has about anything you want from NOB. Great inventory. They are expanding the store. Give them a visit.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Gourmet garage expanding in Riberas Empty Re: Gourmet garage expanding in Riberas

Post by MexicoPete Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:21 pm

Where are they in Riberas?
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Gourmet garage expanding in Riberas Empty Re: Gourmet garage expanding in Riberas

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:27 pm

Senor google is your friend,
https://www.facebook.com/GourmetGarageRiberas/
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:34 pm

Past the Pemex lakeside about 1/2 block. Big high building and a little taco stand just east of the parking lot. We found tomato paste and cool whip today. Hard to find here. Also all kinds of NOB candies. Heath bar pieces. 😋

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:38 pm

Apparently on FB the west store closed and all energy and expansion will be in the Riberas store. They have just about everything.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:41 am

sm1mex wrote:Apparently on FB the west store closed and all energy and expansion will be in the Riberas store. They have just about everything.

"Everything" is an overstatement. I went twice, bought a few things the first time, nothing the 2nd visit. I realize the inventory changes, but not worth the drive from Ajijic for me.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

benjji likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by benjji Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:29 am

they were rude to my wife and their prices were much higher than anyone else.....so NO we won't be back and they can move up and down the lakeside as they wish.

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:06 am

She seems to really stock for those with dietary issues which I don’t have but I do feel she is much more expensive on regular imported goods than say, Pancho. I don’t mind paying more for imports and before retiring I was managing 5 stores in the Virgin Islands so understand retail but I am shocked when given the total at the register at Gourmet Garage

I was number one in defending Pancho when those who didn’t know better used to rail against Super Lake for prices but I’m not sure GG has learned Pancho’s secrets.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

benjji and Luisa like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:20 am

If you want or need something that is not available anywhere else, you pay for it. Convenience also comes into it and timing.
Some of these "gourmet" stores are buying half cases of products. They are paying more for it... and so are you to recoup their costs and make a small profit.
These small stores simply cannot compete on price with larger stores who pay far less for the same products because they purchase cases and cases of whatever.
It's simple mathematics.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal and Lady Otter Latté like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:57 am

Between Superlake and Pancho, I don’t see what need Gourmet Garage is meeting. There is nothing wrong with it, and it certainly wasn’t crowded the one time I went.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:44 pm

We have alway found the products at GG that the other stores mentioned did not have. You can find just about anything you want at GG.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryB Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:48 pm

The only person at GG that I've seen being rude is the blond "owner". I think she has realized that this has cost customers and she is doing better.

Pancho must love GG. He can raise his prices to match!

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

benjji likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:05 pm

Not if he sells different products... which he does.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:05 pm

Erin has alway been very kind and helpful to us at GG. But people can shop wherever they like. We have many choices we didn’t have a few years ago. We shop at all of the places and support them all.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:54 pm

benjji wrote:they were rude to my wife and their prices were much higher than anyone else.....so NO we won't be back and they can move up and down the lakeside as they wish.

I agree.  The owner is very hot and cold, you never know which temperature you’re going to get from her.  I take my business elsewhere.

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

benjji likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:07 pm

There today very friendly help. Shopping is a choice so shop where you like.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down