INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Construction east of Ponchos lake side

+5
gringal
CanuckBob
CHILLIN
artsnob
sm1mex
9 posters

Go down

Construction east of Ponchos lake side Empty Construction east of Ponchos lake side

Post by sm1mex Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:59 pm

What is it??

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Construction east of Ponchos lake side Empty Re: Construction east of Ponchos lake side

Post by artsnob Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:33 am

SUPER LAKE EAST!!

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Construction east of Ponchos lake side Empty Re: Construction east of Ponchos lake side

Post by CHILLIN Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:23 pm

Yes, he is looking for investors on Facebook.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:49 pm

Somebody should put a "Superlake" type store in the old Tango location on Colon in Ajijic. Tons of walking traffic.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

dvinton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:55 pm

I heard that a very good restaurant that used to be here is looking to buy the building and bring their fabulous place back to Ajijic, I am not aloud to give name as they do not want to jinx the sale...

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:44 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Somebody should put a "Superlake" type store in the old Tango location on Colon in Ajijic. Tons of walking traffic.

But almost no parking !!!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:24 pm

No kidding! Terrible location for that kind of store.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:48 am

I disagree. The walk-in traffic in Ajijic Centro is quite large. Oxxo does a great business there.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Luisa, BisbeeGal and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:56 am

For a few items, it would be okay. I walk out of SuperLake, Gourmet Garage and Pancho's with a minimum of four bags. I want decent parking that's close. Furthermore, receiving deliveries in that location would be a logistical nightmare.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:31 am

I agree with Bob.  It's a different lifestyle for those of us who live in Ajijic Centro.

When I very rarely go to SL, it's for a few (vastly overpriced) items that I simply can't find elsewhere.  Not a fan of Pancho's at all (saddest produce I've every seen).  

I shop mostly on foot in Ajijic (mostly El Torito, El Granero, Lilifer and several fruterías).  Take a car to El Torito if I'm buying 'heavy' items.  Order from the Costco Delivery Service a few times a year.  

I think I went to Walmart 4 times in the past year (and hated every single visit!).
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:18 pm

Oops...forgot to mention walking to fetch Bob's Smoked Salmon which I picked up at Sharon's a few minutes ago!  Then grabbed a sandwich to-go from Emma's next door (go-to place for best bagels, too).

As far as Tango's old space, I'd like to see a seafood purveyor (ala Costa Alegre in SAT), but expanded to include a seafood eatery.  We cook a lot of fresh seafood at home and it's one of a few things I now have to drive to purchase.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:53 pm

It all depends on what you buy. I don't purchase from Costco because I don't have the storage capabilities. I do like Kirkland brand TP and paper towels. So I buy 4 rolls of TP and 1 roll of paper towels. I like Shreddies for breakfast. I like the Cafe Grano French Roast coffee from Oaxaca and the availability of #2 coffee filters. I buy Borax for laundry, Barilla pastas, various condiments and spices for cooking. Cheeses and crackers It's a once every two weeks run to SuperLake.
From Gourmet Garage, I buy their goats milk ice cream and frozen ravioli, raisin bread and their excellent choice of canned fruits without sugar. Once every two to three weeks.
And lastly, I enjoy the delivery service of Walmart for all things heavy. I buy a case of milk, 8 bottles of diet coke and 12 x 1 litre bottles of water, a large bottle of Ariel liquid detergent or Oxyclean. Delightful, efficient service within the hour that you choose and what day.
There's a butcher and a sea food store just to the west of SuperLake.
It's about what works for you and your lifestyle depending on your location. It's been over three years since my feet have hit the pavement in Ajijic. I have no wish to go and the parking is always hell.
That's why I chose a home in Riberas. I was always over here to shop even when we lived in La Huerta. YMMV.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:25 pm

fyi, I just bought 600 #2 coffee filters from amazon mx. Also available at El Torito. I buy goat milk ice cream direct from Helado Bok's; also now in freezer at El Torito. Lilifer Deli carries great cheeses at fair prices...also great sausages. For spices, you can't beat El Granero--no need to buy in big jars....they weigh it out and you can get as little as you'd like. A godsend for recipes needing a bit of this, a bit of that.

My Costco purchases are mostly frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs, dryer sheets, dishwasher pods, washer pods. I buy Kirkland TP (by single rolls) at El Torito along with other Costco items. Kirkland paper towels are one of the few things I buy at SL.

Again, parking isn't an issue if you live in Ajijic Centro and foot it. Our 2017 CRV has under 7K kilometers on it!! I hate driving.....too many years of hellacious commutes in DC-Metro!

fyi, yesterday had to drive to an upholsterer in Riberas. Thought we'd stop for lunch in SAT, but no parking spots near our eateries of choice. Took us over 1/2 hour to drive back to Ajijic. Driving around here is no picnic these days.

As you said, to each our own.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:39 pm

Yep, we hardly go anywhere that we have to drive. It sure is nice having the selection of good restaurant's and bars so close to home. I try to use the local vendors and Toritos as much as possible. A seafood store would be awesome too since they closed Pacifico in west Ajijic.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:05 pm

LOL. In other words, nobody wants to run the gauntlet of the intersection in front of Walmart. Everything I want and need is east of the libramiento and ends at Pancho's. I also would like to point out that it's a little different buying for a couple than for an individual.
I would like to know what that building east of Pancho's is about... but also what's going in the old location of the 711 (large outside patio) AND what the building is that's going up next to Ilumina & Decor.
BTW, my 2007 car only has 53,000 km. on it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:30 pm

ferret wrote:LOL. In other words, nobody wants to run the gauntlet of the intersection in front of Walmart. Everything I want and need is east of the libramiento and ends at Pancho's. I also would like to point out that it's a little different buying for a couple than for an individual.
I would like to know what that building east of Pancho's is about... but also what's going in the old location of the 711 (large outside patio) AND what the building is that's going up next to Ilumina & Decor.
BTW, my 2007 car only has 53,000 km. on it.

The 7-11 is going to be a restaurant.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:43 pm

Yea!!!!!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:24 pm

I kinda figured that it was going to be a restaurant. I find it so amusing that nobody puts up signs that says "Coming Soon Whatever". It's the cheapest and most valuable advertising there is.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down