INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flying Canada to Guadalajara direct - Tests?

4 posters

Go down

Flying Canada to Guadalajara direct - Tests? Empty Flying Canada to Guadalajara direct - Tests?

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:21 pm

Being Canadian: There is a complete lack of information on the Internet about two things: testing requirements when flying within the country, other than a few sites that say "no restrictions", but saying nothing specific about vaccines OR tests; and test requirements for flying out of Toronto directly to Guad. Researching this is proving very frustrating. Since Mexico still does not require entry tests, I have to presume no paper will be required when boarding in T.O.... has anyone been through this lately?

I did just find this about domestic travel: https://www.forbes.com/sites/sandramacgregor/2021/10/11/canada-will-require-proof-of-vaccination-for-domestic-travel-as-of-oct-30/?sh=5f9805e86f29 ... but it leaves me about as confused as before.

I should add for Canadians that when I came back from Ontario this summer, it cost me $60 at a Shopper's DrugMart for the antigen test. That same test is now $199. Somebody is making bank, and the gov't should step in, but they appear to be clueless.

ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Flying Canada to Guadalajara direct - Tests? Empty Re: Flying Canada to Guadalajara direct - Tests?

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:30 pm

No test or anything required to fly domestically. You do have to complete an online app declaring you do not have covid which is shown at security.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Flying Canada to Guadalajara direct - Tests? Empty Re: Flying Canada to Guadalajara direct - Tests?

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:48 pm

Thanks.According to that news report I linked, that's all gonna change in about 2 weeks.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:09 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:Being Canadian: There is a complete lack of information on the Internet about two things: testing requirements when flying within the country, other than a few sites that say "no restrictions", but saying nothing specific about vaccines OR tests;  and test requirements for flying out of Toronto directly to Guad. Researching this is proving very frustrating. Since Mexico still does not require entry tests, I have to presume no paper will be required when boarding in T.O.... has anyone been through this lately?

I did just find this about domestic travel: https://www.forbes.com/sites/sandramacgregor/2021/10/11/canada-will-require-proof-of-vaccination-for-domestic-travel-as-of-oct-30/?sh=5f9805e86f29 ... but it leaves me about as confused as before.

I should add for Canadians that when I came back from Ontario this summer, it cost me $60 at a Shopper's DrugMart for the antigen test. That same test is now $199. Somebody is making bank, and the gov't should step in, but they appear to be clueless.

We fly from Toronto to Guadalajara annually, and are flying in, in the first week of November.

I have never found a flight that flies direct to Guadalajara. If you know of one, please let me know.

We are flying on American Airlines with a 2 hour stopover in Dallas. Because we are landing in the U.S., we are required to get a Covid test with the following guidelines from AA.com:

"Travelers must have an original printed or electronic negative COVID-19 viral test result (NAAT: RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA, NEAR, HDA, or Antigen: Rapid). The test must be performed no more than 3 days before the first scheduled departure time in the flight itinerary. If a traveler’s flight is at 1 pm on a Friday, the traveler could board with a negative test that was taken any time on the prior Tuesday or after. Test results must include the traveler's full name and at least one other identifier such as date of birth or passport number. The test must also clearly state that the results are "negative," SARS-CoV-2 RNA not detected," SARS-CoV-2 antigen not detected," or "COVID-19 not detected." A test marked "invalid" is not acceptable. This requirement applies to all travelers, including US citizens, residents, and transit travelers, as well as travelers who have been vaccinated. Travelers may use a self-test (sometimes referred to as a home test) that meets the given criteria. Please check the source for more information. Some US states might have more strict rules regarding COVID-19 test types and where they must be administered. Please carefully review the rules prior to travel to each state."

Note that is says "Antigen: Rapid".

I just checked Shoppers Drug Mart and their Antigen test costs $40.00:
https://covid-19.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/testing/antigen-screening

Hope this helps....

Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:07 pm

Now that price is interesting, because:

https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/health-and-pharmacy/covid-19/ontario/international-outbound-travelFlying Canada to Guadalajara direct - Tests? Covid_10
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:49 am

Oatsie, there are direct flights to MEX where you won't require a test to board. You can book Aeromexico all the way through to GDL.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:22 am

ComputerGuy wrote:Now that price is interesting, because:

https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/health-and-pharmacy/covid-19/ontario/international-outbound-travelFlying Canada to Guadalajara direct - Tests? Covid_10
I suspect that the $199 price is for a PCR test. I went to the page you added and clicked on the the "Read our FAQs" and it took me to this page:
(https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/health-and-pharmacy/covid-19/ontario/faq)

One of the FAQs shows:
"How do I know what the testing requirements are for my destination?
Requirements for travel are changing frequently and each destination is different. It is the responsibility of the passenger to check the entry requirements of their destination."

Since I am travelling via the USA, the requirement if for an Antigen test.

I guess it pays to read the fine print (FAQs).

Now I'm going to check CBobs info on Aeromexico. Hope it works.... That will save a lot of hassle...
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:42 am

Thanks Bob.... I'll check them for our next flight down.
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:07 am

oatsie wrote:
ComputerGuy wrote:Now that price is interesting, because:

I suspect that the $199 price is for a PCR test.  I went to the page you added and clicked on the the "Read our FAQs" and it took me to this page:
(https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/health-and-pharmacy/covid-19/ontario/faq)

One of the FAQs shows:
"How do I know what the testing requirements are for my destination?
Requirements for travel are changing frequently and each destination is different. It is the responsibility of the passenger to check the entry requirements of their destination."

Since I am travelling via the USA, the requirement if for an Antigen test.

I guess it pays to read the fine print (FAQs).

Now I'm going to check CBobs info on Aeromexico.   Hope it works....  That will save a lot of hassle...  

Of course, I suspected that because of the price difference; I even read through a lot of the FAQs but missed that. I double-checked based on your reply and I see now that a NAAT is a PCR test, so thanks for pointing that out. My daughter will be happy.

It would be nice if they were a tad more clear on this. Of course, it would also be nice if the Federal and Provinical governments had been a tad more clear throughout this. It is absolutely atrocious they way they have handled disseminating information. I know from experience, like you, how difficult it is to get decent information. For example, and I have posted this before, I was not informed about, nor could I find, any information concerning Day 1 and Day 8 tests, or why I was not tested upon arrival in Toronto (or even worse, why the testing tables are set up after you pass through Customs), [i]or/i] why an official Federal Health Services email included a phone number that directed me to a sales-pitch for an "I've fallen over" alert necklace, which recorded my voice saying YES to the question "Can you hear me", from a recorded announcement, not a live person.

(Also, I should have said Mexico City, not Guadalajara, for the direct flight. Batting 1,000)

Last edited by ComputerGuy on Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:20 am

That's a good scam. I will, if it happens to me, answer the question "can you hear me?" with "I can hear you". Or any similar questions will not include yes or no in the replies. The scammers are getting more devious.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down