INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the story in Ajijic?

5 posters

Go down

What's the story in Ajijic? Empty What's the story in Ajijic?

Post by Canada_Mike Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:11 pm

Hi,
I'm contemplating a return to Ajijic. I'd love to know what's happening in the village with regard to Covid. Are people getting sick? Who? I see lots of confusing stats, but would like to know more about what's on the ground?

TIA,
Michael
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

What's the story in Ajijic? Empty Re: What's the story in Ajijic?

Post by Jreboll Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:34 pm

Just a snippet posted an hour ago on the other board:
AngusMactavish
AngusMactavish Contributor
Members
Interests: MGTOW No wife, happy life
Posted 59 minutes ago
I need to borrow an oxygen concentrator. When I moved to Chapala 4 years ago I brought one but didn't have the need but Doctor Sam did for a patient and I let it go.

My COPD has flared to a fatal situation. Oxy level range from 83 to 87. I now an in Melaque, went to the Jalisco clinic in Cihuatlán, and was placed in a hall bed with another in the hall attached to the building with three rooms. All covid except me. I have been vaxed. No mask, no sheet, no water, no toilet, and was quickly told to supply a helper or leave. I left the next morning.

Can you spare yours for a month maximum? I will arraign transport and whatever to get it here. PLEASE.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:41 pm

The local cases of covid are the worst we have seen since the pandemic began. Most 60+ have been fully vaccinated but most others have only been partially vaccinated, if at all. Partially and fully vaccinated people are still catching it and I have heard at least one death of a vaccinated person. I have two friends that had it in the past month. Both have recovered. Bars and clubs have been closed again and restaurants have limited capacity. It will likely get worse before it starts to improve.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Canada_Mike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:48 pm

Angus is in Melaque now, not Ajijic.  

But....Tommy Thompson owner of Barbara's Bazaar in Ajijic posted this on FB in the past week.  I applaud him for being open and honest and posting this info for his customers.  

On Monday after our sale in Mission Chula Vista, one of our younger employees lost his sense of smell and later that day tested positive (he is having a mild case), later that day we had all our employees and their families tested, one more young man tested positive (his wife was negative). Today one of those who tested negative on Monday woke up without taste and smell and he and his family went for another test .. he and his teenage daughter positive..so far mild cases but 4 of them out of a very small group of people. If you are not vaccinated and you attended that sale, I would recommend you go for a test at the first sign of any of the Covid 19 symptoms. (or if you are around young poeple you might want to take the test just to make sure you´re not asymptomatic. What a development!. As you may have seen, our stafff ALWAYS wear their masks but the Delta Variant is a bitch! Fortunately as of today none of the 4 cases are serious, let´s pray they all stay like that!
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:59 pm

Please Mike, stay safe(r) in Canada and don't take the chance. The majority of Mexicans have not been vaccinated and Delta is a game changer for both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.
When reading the stats, ONLY look at the ACTIVE cases which is the last box. They have been going up steadily for a MONTH.
Puerto Vallarta has been very hard hit.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:30 pm

Just got this e-mail from Barbara's Bazaar:
News from Barbaras Bazaar:

Lola tested positive yesterday making it 7 out of 7 of our employees . So far no one is having a bad case. Who knows how it got into our circle but the close quarters of taking our crew to and from the Moving Sale we conducted July 23 & 24, made the transmission complete.
Monday after the sale the first sick person was tested = Positive, that afternoon another , then 2 days later more (including the child of one) then Friday another, now Monday Lola is the last to test positive.
Since no records are shared with the city or state authorities I wonder how anyone counts cases in Jalisco and Chapala? Here are 7 cases .. how many more are happening. The brother of one of our guys works in a local fruit market, he went north to visit family the day our sale began, 2 days before his brother tested positive.. then he became ill. According to the ´brother´no one else at the fruiteria is positive..I doubt that, since I know the business has very spotty use of masks, but asi es..
The short of this is .. we´re closed for at least 10-15 days more,

Ricardo and I tested negative (both fully vaccinated) and are in the USA where a wind storm tore off a section of our little ´retirement´ home in Arizona.. When we return we can begin to reopen and move on..
So be careful, no news media is really covering the outbreak in Chapala (That I know of).

Tom and Ricardo
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down