INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone been to Casa Linda lately?

+4
gringal
brigitte
CanuckBob
ComputerGuy
8 posters

Go down

Anyone been to Casa Linda lately? Empty Anyone been to Casa Linda lately?

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:20 am

I gave up some years back due to overpricing and mediocre meals. I haven't been since Michael Richie left. I presume it is still over-priced, but all restaurant pricing has gone a little crazy the last couple of years. Maybe it's worth a try?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anyone been to Casa Linda lately? Empty Re: Anyone been to Casa Linda lately?

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:54 pm

Ive been there a few times lately. Food was great. Not cheap but I wouldn't call it overpriced. Depends on what you get.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

ComputerGuy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:09 pm

yes we live near there and get to go.. and it has been good.. I do not think it is overpriced..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

ComputerGuy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:48 am

Follow up: went on Saturday evening. Perhaps the best service and nicest meal I've had here in a long, long time. Headwaiter was impeccable: attentive without being over-bearing. Everything was timely and hot. Appetizer of stuffed mushrooms with sort of a side of bruschetta on croutons was delicious. One of the finest sopa Aztecas every, properly presented, which is a treat almost akin to having Caesar salad made at your table.

The stuffed pork tenderloin was plated in a loving manner and while not perfectly tender was delicious. My duck confit, even though more than I usually like to pay for a meal, was well worth it: crispy and cut up in such a way as to make it perfect for knife and fork. I would have liked more sauce for both dishes; nitpicking. Sides of mashed potato, sweet potato, salad and veg were very good.

One of those rare moments in a restaurant locally that will have me going back. We ate outside, our preference, but the lovely architecture inside continues to be impressive if bringing visitors. Professional string music in the background had us glad we were seated well away; it's amazing how loud a violin and cello can be.

It does cost more than the average around here, but well worth it. A restaurant should give you a warm, fuzzy feeling: the whole reason for going out in the first place. So many don't. This one does and more.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, Irish Gal, ferret, Canmex 87, Lady Otter Latté, nlu and rafterbr like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:58 pm

Is Casa Linda the restaurant inside and outside the hotel on the lake front?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by NoVaDamer Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:06 pm

This (very positive) was our experience, too. Casa Linda is out west from Ajijic. You turn lakeside just past Yves and head down Rio Bravo. It is on the right.
NoVaDamer
NoVaDamer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Si!

gringal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:27 pm

Thanks. Now I remember the place. When i was there last, it was very mediocre, but I'll give it another try now.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

NoVaDamer likes this post

benjji dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:16 pm

Sounds like you had the good fortune to have Pancho as your waiter. He is one of the three best waiters in town IMO. (Others are Raul at La Bodega, Juan at Casa Del Sol and Blue Rose). Pancho recently moved from Gosha's where he used to make caesar salad at table side. One of the best I have ever had in the world. Hope that is on the menu now at Casa Linda.

ComputerGuy wrote:Follow up: went on Saturday evening. Perhaps the best service and nicest meal I've had here in a long, long time. Headwaiter was impeccable: attentive without being over-bearing. Everything was timely and hot. Appetizer of stuffed mushrooms with sort of a side of bruschetta on croutons was delicious. One of the finest sopa Aztecas every, properly presented, which is a treat almost akin to having Caesar salad made at your table.

The stuffed pork tenderloin was plated in a loving manner and while not perfectly tender was delicious. My duck confit, even though more than I usually like to pay for a meal, was well worth it: crispy and cut up in such a way as to make it perfect for knife and fork. I would have liked more sauce for both dishes; nitpicking. Sides of mashed potato, sweet potato, salad and veg were very good.

One of those rare moments in a restaurant locally that will have me going back. We ate outside, our preference, but the lovely architecture inside continues to be impressive if bringing visitors. Professional string music in the background had us glad we were seated well away; it's amazing how loud a violin and cello can be.

It does cost more than the average around here, but well worth it. A restaurant should give you a warm, fuzzy feeling: the whole reason for going out in the first place. So many don't. This one does and more.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:55 pm

Was Pancho possibly also called Francisco at Gosha's? He left there and I have been wondering where he went. Excellent waiter.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Irish Gal and suegarn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NoVaDamer Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:38 pm

Yes, that's him!
NoVaDamer
NoVaDamer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Si!

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:46 am

Thanks. Anyone been there for lunch lately? It used to be "okay" but nothing to get excited about. (That's our usual eating out time.) I'd be delighted to have a new option.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by annied Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:20 pm

I just had lunch there this week.  It was wonderful.  We all had a salmon salad, which was delicious and beautiful too!  Not cheap, but worth the price.  They did have more affordable options like a soup and sandwich combo.  They use good bread from the Scandinavian bakery.
annied
annied

Humor : Easily amused

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 12, 2021 1:28 pm

Went back on Saturday for a Mothers Day dinner. I am pleased to say the service and food were just as excellent as the last time. (Although I am curious why all restaurants here think "shrimp scampi" is just a goodly-sized shrimp, usually peeled. In Canada, scampi is a particular type of crustacean, smaller and less expensive (at least in the old days) than lobster and with a decidedly different taste.)
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:21 pm

Given that the number is very small for restaurants that produce consistently good, reasonably priced meals serviced in a nice ambiance by pleasant wait staff, I think CL is in the top percentile.
Each and every one of the others is not 100% , 100% of the time, and I guess where you live, convenience can also add to your preference. Chasing through town and fight the horrible traffic is no fun

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down