INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CASA LINDA formerly La Mision

4 posters

Go down

CASA LINDA formerly La Mision Empty CASA LINDA formerly La Mision

Post by gringal Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:59 am

After reading some favorable reviews, 5 of us tried dinner last night.  We arrived at 6 and after enduring acoustic hell from a large party, hard backed straight chairs, an hour wait and no food, we finally conferred and decided to have our dinners "to go", waited another half hour and finally got the packages and the bill. We paid and left.
All five were very disappointed with the food: one threw out the fish. The "filet mignon" was a tough piece of sirloin.

The prices were equivalent to those of restaurants serving much better fare.

Maybe there is a different chef at lunch and the food is better.  We won't be returning for dinner. Thumbs down

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

CASA LINDA formerly La Mision Empty Re: CASA LINDA formerly La Mision

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:10 am

I don’t think I have ever known another restaurant with as many changes in menu, hours, chefs, staff, purpose and now name. Each change is announced with much positive spin and met with the usual mix of cheers and jeers. This is the first name change though. I find it exhausting and long ago stopped trying to keep up.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:37 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I don’t think I have ever known another restaurant with as many changes in menu, hours, chefs, staff, purpose and now name. Each change is announced with much positive spin and met with the usual mix of cheers and jeers. This is the first name change though. I find it exhausting and long ago stopped trying to keep up.

Me, either. "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again" must be the operating mantra. Hadn't been there for years before last night's try. You would think that at some point, whoever is in charge would have made an attempt to fix the biggest problem of all: the acoustics have to be the worst in town. They were bad years ago when we went on a slow day for lunch and nothing has changed as of last night.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Went there for breakfast this AM with family (6 of us) and it was OK.  The same bunch that operated Hermelinda in the strip mall upon the hiway by the seafood store before, and they acknowledged that. Don't know what goes on in the evening or even if it is the same operators as the morning people. Everyone thought it was good enough to go back to again. Don"t plan on going there at night until someone gives it a thumb's up.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:37 pm

They reportedly have the new chef for breakfast. Different one in the evening. If you go on a nice busy weekend night, you get the full benefit of the evening chef and the acoustics.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:45 am

Not been to this place for almost a year.  My wife and I have very fond memories of dining here in our early days of retiring to Ajijic when it was called La Mision.  Tonight, all those fond memories were replaced by disappointments.  57 minutes before the main course was served.  No starter salad included.  Un-chilled bottle of white wine. The place had a feel of a "first night opening" where the staff were unsure what they should be doing.  The food was well plated and very good although is was served on a cold plate.  This was a go-to place for us when friends were in town but sadly it will be struck from our list.

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down