INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IPTV using iLox

+2
ComputerGuy
SunFan
6 posters

Go down

IPTV using iLox Empty IPTV using iLox

Post by SunFan Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:37 pm

I’m trying to get away from Shaw services. I’ve been informed iLox throttles IPTV traffic resulting in an unacceptable level of buffering. I currently enjoy great streaming services like Acorn and Netflix with no buffering.

Is there anyone with actual experience? Does a VPN worsen the situation?

TIA SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

IPTV using iLox Empty Re: IPTV using iLox

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:57 pm

Yes, a VPN slows things down. Sometimes by as much as 75%. But you have iLox and a good speed, so you should see no buffering. Any reports that iLox throttles are just rumours from people who have no other explanation.

I am using Britbox on a Roku, along with all kinds of other streaming services on the Roku, through my ExpressVPN-modified Netgear router just like yours, and see no issues.

I have seen ads from other VPN services who insist that their services have no loss of speed using some special software techniques, including ExpressVPN, something called MediaStreamer. And they have special info on IPTV.

https://www.expressvpn.com/support/vpn-setup/mediastreamer-expressvpn-router-app/
https://www.expressvpn.com/vpn-service/iptv-vpn
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:35 am

I used to use Shaw, but now stream via a FS 4K and Android TV box. IPTV isn't necessary since everything is available without it. I don't find the lack of a listing an issue. Your opinion may differ. The irony is that I now obtain much more than Shaw could offer, and without the exorbitant cost.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:53 am

Since IPTV means "Internet Protocol TV", and is not a "brand" of streaming, the fact is all streaming is IPTV. Therefore anything one gets on a Firestick or Android box or Roku or Chromecast... it is all IPTV.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:00 am

ComputerGuy wrote:Since IPTV means "Internet Protocol TV", and is not a "brand" of streaming, the fact is all streaming is IPTV. Therefore anything one gets on a Firestick or Android box or Roku or Chromecast... it is all IPTV.

I was referring to an IPTV service, rather than the protocol itself.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:07 am

As there are hundreds of services with IPTV in the name, I wasn't sure.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

IPTV using iLox Empty ILOX & IPTV

Post by mikemcs Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:08 am

I've been using IPTV/ILOX for over a year. With a good IPTV provider, like onlineiptvpro, I get great results and almost never have any buffering. But at $25/mo. it is expensive - but at least it allows 4 connections at one location. I've had other services, such as SportzTV, that were a lot cheaper but were lousy with a lot of buffering and some channels that wouldn't load. You get what you pay for!

mikemcs

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:15 pm

SunFan wrote:I’m trying to get away from Shaw services. I’ve been informed iLox throttles IPTV traffic resulting in an unacceptable level of buffering. I currently enjoy great streaming services like Acorn and Netflix with no buffering.

Is there anyone with actual experience? Does a VPN worsen the situation?

TIA SunFan

I have Ilox (100mbps plan).  I use ClearChoice IPTV without a VPN and it works just fine.  It uses the Akamai CDN (at least they say they do) and it is very reliable with little to no buffering.  I don't like their app so much, but hey, it gets the job done.  You can buy a 3 connection package for $25.00 a month.  It's not IP locked, so you could split the subscription with friends and pay as little as $8.33 per month.  

Here's the link:  Clear Choice

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:35 pm

I forgot to add that contrary to the video above, there no longer is VOD content like Movies and TV shows. They were all taken down this week. So it's Live Channels only.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:30 am

casi nada wrote:I forgot to add that contrary to the video above, there no longer is VOD content like Movies and TV shows.  They were all taken down this week.  So it's Live Channels only.

Hmmm my provider just replaced movies with old and new TV shows on Cinema HD V2. I also have clear choice and it works perfectly with ILOX.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down