INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid 19 vaccine

+13
RoyD
BisbeeGal
gatosigi
ComputerGuy
mudgirl
CHILLIN
beener
slainte39
jgriff
brigitte
Jreboll
CanuckBob
artsnob
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Covid 19 vaccine - Page 2 Empty Re: Covid 19 vaccine

Post by RickS Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:31 am

helohfe wrote:Both are mRNA based and require cold stowage.

Only the Pfizer vaccine requires the -70C storage. The Moderna vaccine does require refrigeration but not to that extent. It requires -20C but it can stay effective stored in a regular refrigerator for up to 30 days after 'thawing', making it far less a logistical problem to roll out/administer.

RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:04 am

I read that article and it rings true. I think this one does a better job of explaining how it will work/not work.

https://theconversation.com/covid-19-vaccines-how-pfizers-and-modernas-95-effective-mrna-shots-work-149957

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:19 am

So here is (my) reality for the vaccine hitting my arm... and I would presume that it will be similar 'everywhere in the US' as it is here and in Florida according to Roy D.

Colorado just announced that 'the State' will, in the first roll-out later this month or in January, get 43,800 doses... that's 20,000+ folks at 2 shots per person.

Only problem is that Colorado has about 350,000 people who fall into those first categories!  so less than 1 in 20 of THEM will get the vaccine with the first roll-out.

I am confident?  that way more vaccine will come 'later', but I don't personally see how I, even as an oldie, will get any protection until much later in the Spring.

Time will tell I guess.....  in the mean time it's masks, distancing and basically being a hermit for me/us here.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, ferret and RVGRINGO like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:07 am

.... and to follow up.

In a survey here in Colorado, with data gathered by a Medical Research firm in November,  60% of the participants said they would take the no-cost, FDA approved vaccine.  20% said they would not and 20% were 'unsure'.

Also an interesting.... to me....thing about the survey is that 76% of the participants identifying as Democrats said they would take the  no-cost vaccine and another 20% said that at that point they were unsure. Only 42% Republicans said they would take it for sure and another 19% said maybe.
A further breakdown of the sample showed that 70% of the over-65 participants said they would take it.   It takes around 70%  to achieve herd immunity 'studies' say.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:15 pm

CDC seems to have more info on what is happening in Mexico than "we do", and suggesting that Mexico is not a place to visit at this time
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9006225/CDC-warns-Americans-avoid-travel-Mexico-amid-troubling-surge-COVID-19-cases-deaths.html

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:02 pm

lakeside7 wrote:CDC seems to have more info on what is happening in Mexico than "we do", and suggesting that Mexico is not a place to visit at this time
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9006225/CDC-warns-Americans-avoid-travel-Mexico-amid-troubling-surge-COVID-19-cases-deaths.html

Pot. Kettle. BLACK.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39, RickS, Lucky Girl, Plan B and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:41 pm

I loooong ago gave up on ANY announcement the US Government made/makes about Mexico. CDD, State Department etc.   IMO, it's more of a 'cover your a$$' kind of thing. "Well, we told you not to visit there..."

And with THIS administration, all bets are off with respect to anything relating to Mexico.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

LLiving, Lucky Girl and rafterbr like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2