INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any restrictions in Ajijic?

+10
mudgirl
Flamingo
kiko
dichosalocura
Lucky Girl
RickS
ferret
BisbeeGal
Gamina
rotwein
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any restrictions in Ajijic? Empty Any restrictions in Ajijic?

Post by rotwein Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:01 am

Considering making a short trip to Ajijic right after Thanksgiving. What restrictions would I encounter, restaurants-bars or masks?

rotwein

Back to top Go down

Any restrictions in Ajijic? Empty Re: Any restrictions in Ajijic?

Post by Gamina Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:09 am

Masks to be worn everywhere outside your house. At least 6 feet distance between tables in a restaurant with temperature check and gel for your hands before entering.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:14 am

Jalisco governor reviews virus stats and usually announces every Sunday whether there will be any shutdown. We just got off a 14 day day modified shutdown that closed restaurants on weekdays at 7 and all day weekends, other than for delivery/carryout. During those times the malecon and waterfront parks were also closed.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:44 am

And please don't come here unless you are willing to follow the rules.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/backstory-anthony-fauci-has-had-it-with-people-who-think-covid-19-is-no-worse-than-the-flu/ar-BB1bcq1L

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

K2tog, kiko, kamcd, nlu and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:32 pm

'making a short trip' on an airplane from who knows where and asking about restrictions at restaurants, bars and the need for masks sounds a whole lot like I'm pretty much thinking about myself. Please don't right now.

RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, RVGRINGO, Flamingo, K2tog, Lucky Girl, kiko, kamcd and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Girl Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:14 pm

Better to stay where ever you are now and enjoy that Rotwein there.

Lucky Girl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dichosalocura Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:12 pm

Hey, you do realize that you asking about México on an English speaking forum where most are elderly expats, don't you? Yes, most of the elderly expats are concerned about Covid-19 and they hope and pray that eveybody would take it seriously. But the reality on the ground here says otherwise. About half of Mexicans are not taking it seriously here and most things are open and running like normal. Half don't wear masks and most Mexicans aren't taking it seriously. Everything here is open air and not enclosed. If you are one of the deniers, this is a good place to come to. Since January the death toll has not reached 15 yet. This is a very healthy and safe place to hide out and live a somewhat normal life.

dichosalocura

jgriff and rotwein like this post

ferret, slainte39, Ocelot, K2tog, Kiri, beener, donenrique and mudgirl dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:39 pm

You may want to compare the fatality rate in Mexico with its neighbors to the North. Let that soak in, then formulate a Plan B in the event you are one of the unlucky ones. You may want to do some research on how to get a PCR test in Guadalajara so you will be prepared. The municipios of Jocotepec and Chapala have 23 deaths total last time I checked. Like it or not, it is here.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:38 pm

Responsible people self quarantine for 10 days after arriving. If that doesn't work for you, please wait until next year.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, Kiri, beener, kiko, Cricket60 and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dichosalocura Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:39 pm

I had several dislikes on my previous comment. Those that disliked it only disliked it because I painted a realistic version of what things are like here on the ground here in the Chapala area and yes, there are many people that wish that the local people here took the virus more seriously. But in all honesty life here has not changed that much, most things are still up and running. If you choose to where a face mask and to self quarantine for 10 days by all means that is what is recommended by most health experts. But also realize that no government agency here is enforcing it yet, they are only highly suggesting it. The state government did a weekend shutdown that lasted for only two weekends (and on weekends only) and it miraculously ended right before the week long black Friday sails or Buen Fin as it is known down here. It just goes to show the hypocrisy that exists here regarding the virus.

dichosalocura

jgriff and rotwein like this post

Kiri, kamcd and Heem dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:16 pm

dichosalocura wrote:I had several dislikes on my previous comment.  Those that disliked it only disliked it because I painted a realistic version of what things are like here on the ground here

Really, you're a mind reader and know why people disliked your post? That's not why I gave it a thumbs down. I gave it a thumbs down because of:
"This is a very healthy and safe place to hide out and live a somewhat normal life."  In answer to someone who asked what restrictions there are as he wants to come on holiday. Sounds like you are encouraging people to come whether they are willing to follow safety measures or not.

For someone who posted falsely on TOB that COVID and influenza are in the same family of viruses, perhaps you aren't the most qualified person to be commenting on things to do with the virus.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, ferret, little italy, exajijicresident, K2tog, Kiri, beener and like this post

jgriff dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dichosalocura Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:39 pm

Mudgirl, you correct to remind me about how I falsely claimed that Coronavirus and Influenza are from the same family. Back in March I read an article that made that claim and it must have stuck in my mind. We now know much more about this virus than we did back then. You also must admit they both share much more similaritues than differences. But I still stand by the statement I made that less than 15 deaths in a population of well over 70,000 for a timeframe of 11 months is extremely low, barely qualifying to be called a pandemic in this region at least. And with the high concentration of extreme elderly and living in a fast moving tourist town right next to an active international airport, I would say we have been fortunately very lucky in Chapala. That is why I say this area is very healthy and safe so far. While most people up North are relegated to living in doors breathing in heated recycled air, we have the luxury here of living out doors through out the year in Chapala and most businesses here are relatively open air too except for maybe Walmart and Soriana.

dichosalocura

donenrique, jgriff and rotwein like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:27 pm

dichosalocura wrote:Mudgirl, you correct to remind me about how I falsely claimed that Coronavirus and Influenza are from the same family.  Back in March I read an article that made that claim and it must have stuck in my mind.  We now know much more about this virus than we did back then. You also must admit they both share much more similaritues than differences.

I "must admit"? I'm not an infectious disease expert so I wouldn't presume to make any such statement. And you're obviously not a infectious disease expert, either, so why do you? Based on some article you read somewhere sometime?

What I do know is that the global mortality rate for seasonal influenza is between 1%-2% depending on which studies you read, and currently the COVID mortality rate in Mexico is 12%.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:35 pm

mudgirl wrote:
What I do know is that the global mortality rate for seasonal influenza is between 1%-2% depending on which studies you read, and currently the COVID mortality rate in Mexico is 12%.

And that's if you believe the "official" numbers which I don't. That is the very specific reason why I say "supposed" when I post the "official" stats every morning. They are a very rough benchmark with which to follow trends.

BTW, in other countries, the seasonal influenza rates are waaaaay down. Another example of the benefits of mask wearing.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

little italy, Kiri, kamcd, Heem and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 pm

Yes, there are a lot of similarities but mostly I think that it is in the severity and how they spread where they differ the most.
If one wants to bring one's self up to date from March, one might want to read this:
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, little italy, kamcd and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rotwein Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:17 am

I would like to thank all for their information, and maybe, some for their opinions.  I am looking for a yearlong furnished rental and will fly from SW Florida to view the property.  For those worried about my health during travel, I am comfortable with the perceived risk. Thanks to all

rotwein

Abbie likes this post

jle, little italy, Lucky Girl and BisbeeGal dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:55 am

rotwein wrote:I would like to thank all for their information, and maybe, some for their opinions.  I am looking for a yearlong furnished rental and will fly from SW Florida to view the property.  For those worried about my health during travel, I am comfortable with the perceived risk. Thanks to all

It's not about you. We are worried about the risk you pose to us! The US is experiencing a spike in cases. The CDC is advising against ANY travel at this time.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Irish Gal, ferret, RVGRINGO, Lady Otter Latté, little italy, Ocelot, exajijicresident and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:10 pm

rotwein wrote:  For those worried about my health during travel, I am comfortable with the perceived risk. Thanks to all

Your health? Actually people aren't thrilled about someone coming from one the biggest COVID hotspots in the world to their community and possibly bringing the virus with them.

If you wanted to be a responsible person who cares about others, you would come and isolate for 14 days before going out and about looking for a house to rent.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, Irish Gal, jle, ferret, RVGRINGO, little italy, Marrell and like this post

Back to top Go down

Any restrictions in Ajijic? Empty simply please stay away...

Post by little italy Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:21 am

rotwein wrote:I would like to thank all for their information, and maybe, some for their opinions.  I am looking for a yearlong furnished rental and will fly from SW Florida to view the property.  For those worried about my health during travel, I am comfortable with the perceived risk. Thanks to all

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:15 pm

Most years, looking for a rental in November at the start of high season would be very challenging but due to covid this year, I’ve noticed more rental availability just wandering around the village and seeing all the for rent signs. I know quite a few annual snowbirds that won’t be visiting this year. I’m thinking those that who intended to move full time in the next 6 months or so are still most likely planning to do so. It’s likely this winter Lakeside has more rental availability. Good luck with your search!

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

rotwein likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rotwein Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:19 am

Rejoice all of you squawking chickens, Aeromexico just cancelled the flight.
To the ones who posted reasonable information, I will try again in January.

rotwein

gringal, little italy, exajijicresident, Lucky Girl, BisbeeGal and mudgirl dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:09 am

Yes, your Post was met with a good bit of trepidation, but..... "squawking chickens"? Really?
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, Lucky Girl and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:43 pm

rotwein wrote:Rejoice all of you squawking chickens, Aeromexico just cancelled the flight.
To the ones who posted reasonable information, I will try again in January.

Spoken like a true trump supporter. Don't bother coming to Ajijic, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME. This "chicken" will rejoice. flag waver

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lucky Girl likes this post

Carry Bean, RickS and jgriff dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:43 pm

I believe that rotwein is referring to us as "squawking chickens" in terms of "chicken little".
The sky is not falling but most of us are smart enough to know that wearing a mask and socially distancing can help prevent the transmission of Covid 19.
Abide by the common sense rules. It's just that simple.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lucky Girl and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:17 pm

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/centers-for-disease-control-warns-against-travel-to-mexico-due-to-covid-risk/

From the CDC:
Americans who travel abroad and become infected with COVID may be denied reentry into the USA.

Last edited by kiko on Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next