INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to dispose of Garden Waste? La Canacinta?

+2
CanuckBob
Cincy
6 posters

Go down

Where to dispose of Garden Waste?  La Canacinta? Empty Where to dispose of Garden Waste? La Canacinta?

Post by Cincy Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:17 am

After more then 15 years of burning garden waste in Upper Ajijic, the bomberos have told me and my neighbor we can no longer continue to do so because of the fire risk in the mountains. Official permission from the local government is no longer being granted. Most of our waste is currently composted but what can we do with the large palm and tree branches?

Supposedly there is a place in La Canacinta that will accept garden waste with a charge involved, of course.

Anyone know of this place in West Ajijic, where we can dispose of garden waste?

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Where to dispose of Garden Waste?  La Canacinta? Empty Re: Where to dispose of Garden Waste? La Canacinta?

Post by CanuckBob Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:39 pm

Since they stopped the recycling program ours is chopped up and put out with the regular garbage here in Ajijic Centro.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Cincy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Where to dispose of Garden Waste?  La Canacinta? Empty Re: Where to dispose of Garden Waste? La Canacinta?

Post by brigitte Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:35 pm

you have to cut them n small bundle andplease in a bundle wth a string or two and they will get picked up with the rest of the garbage.. That is what we havebeen doing for years..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

CHILLIN likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:04 pm

brigitte wrote:you have to cut them n small bundle andplease in a bundle wth a string or two and they will get picked up with the rest of the garbage.. That is what we havebeen doing for years..

Yes, for a small/medium garden that would work satisfactory. Unfortunately our gardens are fairly large.  I've been thinking of buying a small old pickup truck or trailer to haul away all the un-compostable waste we generate every week.

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:31 pm

I have a very small garden but the bugambilia is on steroids. I have been toying with the idea of buying a small shredder that will take up to one inch branches.
Alternatively, I am going to place a call to Roberto of Chapala Tree Services. He has the chipper and makes mulch and compost with it. I would pay him to take it away. I'm gettin' tired of my hands and arms gettin' ripped to shreds while cutting it up and double bagging it for the regular garbage guys.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:41 am

If you make bundles with a strings  without bags it will get picked up.. That is what we do.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:45 am

I will still get ripped to shreds. Seeing as how it fell down during last nights wind and rain, I've decided it's coming out. Enough already.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:23 pm

Don't make the bags too heavy or they leave them. Wet grass can be extremely heavy for example. Us small bags.

Learned the hard way.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:27 pm

I would go for the shredder. Useful too for annoying neighbors and their companion animals. Stream " Fargo" for a refresher course.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:36 pm

well that is a good way to remove annoying neighbors..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:26 am

As of Saturday at 11 am, I no longer have a single Bugambilia to deal with. YAY!
Now, I'm looking for two large double hibiscus flower bushes. Shallow roots, no spikes and gorgeous flowers make these a winner for me.
Anyone know of a vivero that sells them? Trying to let my fingers do the walking here.
T.I.A.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:35 am

Check out thegreensshop.com They are the largest viviero in Mexico, in Veracruz, ship live trees here within 48 hours. Some very rare, and expensive. There is a white or rose trumpet tree from Brazil which has very nice flowers and easy to keep as an ornamental size.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:12 pm

This is the actual website... https://thegreensshop.com/

Either their search engine sucks or they don't have what I'm looking for. A search for Hibiscus returned four items and none of them were the hibiscus I want.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:04 pm

I forgot to mention. We had a large patch of Hibiscus, but they attract a lot of bugs, especially scale (plaga)
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down