INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jalisco Govenor threatens total shutdown

+9
SunshineyDay
kiko
cypress
ldrews
Wide Sky
CHILLIN
ComputerGuy
Intercasa
CanuckBob
13 posters

Go down

Jalisco Govenor threatens total shutdown Empty Jalisco Govenor threatens total shutdown

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:35 pm

I thought this deserves its own thread.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/jalisco-governor-threatens-economic-shutdown/

Maybe he should try enforcement before making everyone suffer especially those businesses that spent money to be compliant and are following all the protocols. I haven't heard of one business being shut down here and we know a few that aren't following protocols. How about fines or jail time for those without a mask?

This will cause some serious unrest......I imagine the Governor and his croonies will still collect a paycheck.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Jalisco Govenor threatens total shutdown Empty Re: Jalisco Govenor threatens total shutdown

Post by Intercasa Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:50 pm

For politicians it is a no win, close down things to protect and people complain they cannot work, require masks and people have their rights or dont care. Pontius Pilate washes his hands and says ok no more nanny state if you want to work then do so, if you want to go out then do so and protect yourself.

Require masks? In a country where people know someone, flash money or have guns? Let the stupid die when they try to use their influences, bribe or pull a gun on the virus. Currently there are not enough police to stop the real crimes, people assaulted daily at Walmart, over 70 plucked off the streets in Chapala and kidnapped, murdered or become narco slaves. Id rather have the police come 2 hours after they are called when some armed thugs try to rob me than 2 days later because they were fining rancheros and dumb gringos.

The only way to possibly make it work is to empower the SOB transitos, hey we will tow ya momma as she had no mask, take us to your ATM cuz you had no mask on.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Jalisco Govenor threatens total shutdown Empty Re: Jalisco Govenor threatens total shutdown

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:11 am

I agree with letting the dumb one's die.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:45 am

So, massive outbreak in Tulsa two weeks after tRump's rally...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:06 am

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe some of these people exposing themselves and others to possible infection are actually borderline suicidal? Prevention of self harm creates the majority of laws in most countries.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:52 am

Well tomorrow is the deadline for whether or not the Governor hits the lockdown button. Does anyone know where we stand?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wide Sky Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:33 pm

When I check Jalisco on this site it says hospitals are at about 31%; as for daily cases ????
https://coronavirus.gob.mx/datos/?fbclid=IwAR34yp5ptczHMN6xDs16iIdngbTDT-9r6gbAq12iR8cPqiTcpt23oivxWj0

Wide Sky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:00 pm

Well at only 31% we should be OK for a while. As trump would say "if we stop testing or admitting anyone to the hospitals it will just go away"........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ldrews Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:46 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Well at only 31% we should be OK for a while. As trump would say "if we stop testing or admitting anyone to the hospitals it will just go away"........

I don't think he said any such thing. Link please.

He probably said something like "more testing leads to more reported cases, so if you want fewer reported cases don't do so much testing"

I believe that the latest statistics show that the number of deaths/reported cases is dropping rapidly. Or, in other words, the increased testing is discovering less severe cases, cases that do not result in death.

Of course any illness is a pain in the butt, but it appears that humanity will not actually perish from the COVID-19 virus.

ldrews
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Puns, shaggy dog stories

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:04 pm

CHILLIN wrote:Have you ever stopped to think that maybe some of these people exposing themselves and others to possible infection are actually borderline suicidal? Prevention of self harm creates the majority of laws in most countries.

Yes

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:35 pm

Gov Alfaro knows that the state govt cannot control the spread with enforcement because the enforcement infrastructure simply does not exist at a high functional level. The only card he holds is to increase awareness of COVID-19 with a threat of shutdown. If the worst case scenario comes to fruition, then at least he can claim he did more than any other governor of the other Mexican states and that the fatality rate statistics for Jalisco were somewhat lower. In addition, he is buying time. If Gov Alfaro sat back and did nothing, then that would be the worst decision he could make for us and his political career.

If I were governor I would take immediate action to ban all flights from the USA and only admit extranjeros who hold a valid TP or RP. No FMM. Same with checkpoints at all border crossings from adjoining states. That may sound extreme but we are living in extreme times.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

SunshineyDay and sturdley like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ldrews Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:43 pm

kiko wrote:Gov Alfaro knows that the state govt cannot control the spread with enforcement because the enforcement infrastructure simply does not exist at a high functional level.  The only card he holds is to increase awareness of COVID-19 with a threat of shutdown.  If the worst case scenario comes to fruition, then at least he can claim he did more than any other governor of the other Mexican states and that the fatality rate statistics for Jalisco were somewhat lower.  In addition, he is buying time.  If Gov Alfaro sat back and did nothing, then that would be the worst decision he could make for us and his political career.

If I were governor I would take immediate action to ban all flights from the USA and only admit extranjeros who hold a valid TP or RP.  No FMM.  Same with checkpoints at all border crossings from adjoining states.  That may sound extreme but we are living in extreme times.

Or we could follow Sweden's example.  Try to protect the elderly and those with vulnerable medical conditions, and let the rest of society proceed normally.  Their results are not much different than neighboring countries who have gone the lockdown, mask, and social distancing route.

ldrews
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Puns, shaggy dog stories

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Kiko you are right on.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:57 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Well at only 31% we should be OK for a while. As trump would say "if we stop testing or admitting anyone to the hospitals it will just go away"........

CBob you get the laugh of the day! LOL!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:05 pm

Reality check today, my sister in Houston told me the local hospitals are sending patients by helicopter Star Flight to other cities as far as 150 miles away since ICU is full. but it is a hoax, right?

She is a die hard Trumper and blames COVID on minorities who are spreading COVID.

My mom dropped her when she was a baby on a tile floor and she landed on her head but I love her anyway.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Claire Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:34 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I agree with letting the dumb one's die.

No skin off my nose.
Ida Claire
Ida Claire
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:17 pm

Yet!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:27 pm

kiko wrote:Reality check today, my sister in Houston told me the local hospitals are sending patients by helicopter Star Flight to other cities as far as 150 miles away since ICU is full.  but it is a hoax, right?  

She is a die hard Trumper and blames COVID on minorities who are spreading COVID.  

My mom dropped her when she was a baby on a tile floor and she landed on her head but I love her anyway.

Ahhhh!!! Now we know what happened to ldrews.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:47 pm

ldrews wrote:

I don't think he said any such thing.  Link please.

He probably said something like "more testing leads to more reported cases, so if you want fewer reported cases don't do so much testing"

I believe that the latest statistics show that the number of deaths/reported cases is dropping rapidly.  Or, in other words, the increased testing is discovering less severe cases, cases that do not result in death.

Of course any illness is a pain in the butt, but it appears that humanity will not actually perish from the COVID-19 virus.
Well your statement is just as stupid so I rest my case........friggin trumptards.......!!!

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and kiko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:02 pm

ldrews wrote:

I don't think he said any such thing.  Link please.

I believe that the latest statistics show that the number of deaths/reported cases is dropping rapidly.  Or, in other words, the increased testing is discovering less severe cases, cases that do not result in death.

Fercrissakes drowsy! Get your head out of your ass!
https://covid19info.live/
Jalisco Govenor threatens total shutdown Covidu10
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:10 pm

CHILLIN wrote:Have you ever stopped to think that maybe some of these people exposing themselves and others to possible infection are actually borderline suicidal? Prevention of self harm creates the majority of laws in most countries.

Nope- they're just stupid or think they're invulnerable. There may be the odd sociopath who thinks it's fun to spread it around and has a death wish, just as there were a few fucked-up guys who knowingly exposed others to AIDS, but for the majority, it's just a matter of cherished ignorance.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

kamcd and sturdley like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down