INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Telmex open

+4
slainte39
caligirl108
SunshineyDay
sm1mex
8 posters

Go down

Is Telmex open Empty Is Telmex open

Post by sm1mex Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:23 am

Has Telmex opened for customers.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Is Telmex open Empty Re: Is Telmex open

Post by SunshineyDay Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:16 pm

It was not yesterday. Telcel is? Both owned by Carlos. Go figure!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:57 pm

What Telmex not open. What is the reason.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:48 pm

rumor is that they had to shut the office due to a pos case.. Employees reportedly all live in Guadalajara..hope it wasn't Oscar, he is such a great guy. It has been more than 3 weeks now, I think. And Wi-fi of late has been TERRIBLE...lots of people in different areas. Is Ilox open? This should really drive people to the competition. It's great that Carlos Slim gave Jalisco big money for 60 extra Covid beds in Guadalajara, but TelMex is such a poor excuse of a telecom company. I have been in India, out in the middle of nowhere in villages & on remote islands in Thailand & the Internet speed was fast. This was 10 years ago too.

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:42 am

Seems like everyone not sick quarantine for 14 days then reopen. ??

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:30 am

They have been closed for nearly a month now, so don´t seem like that is the reason.
Just electing to be closed during this pandemic and operate through their kiosk outside to the right for payments, and by email.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:43 pm

It would be nice if they mailed the bills out so I could pay at Oxxo.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:48 pm

I don't seem to be getting bills anymore either. However, if you can dig up an old bill with the bar code still intact you can use it to pay your current bill at OXXO.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:01 pm

If I print a current one off the website will Oxxo accept that? I tried paying online with  a debit card and Intercam blocked my account. I will try an old bill.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:21 pm

Yes, Oxxo will accept a printed one from the website. I've been doing it that way for four years.
Same with Telcel bills printed from their website.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:28 pm

Gracias!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:36 pm

Just don't try to pay a Telcel printed bill at the 711. They can't figure it out so I stopped paying Telmex there as well. I use the Oxxo in Riberas by the Pemex or the one in San Antonio since I pay both accounts at the same time. I'm into one stop shopping.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:42 pm

You can pay Telmex and CFE at Walmart for 7 peso service fee.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:54 pm

You can pre-pay (anticipado) on CFE (and probably TelMex) at one of the ATMs at Bancomer in Ajijic. We have solar, but get small CFE bills bi-monthly. When this virus started getting real, a few months ago I went to Bancomer and threw a year's worth of payments towards my CFE account.

Yes, I could have done the same at CFE in Chapala, but this was in March and I wasn't certain how crowded their payment machine area might be, plus I can walk to Ajijic Bancomer. Bancomer in Ajijic has staff that monitors/limits access to both their Lobby and interior.

As far as I know, you cannot make a pre-payment (anticipado) when you pay at OXXO, Walmart, etc. Pls correct me if I'm wrong on this (would love to know).
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:14 pm

I would also like to know about a pre-pay of CFE at Oxxo, Walmart etc.
I prepaid $500 pesos nearly two years ago at the CFE office in Chapala. I just got a bill from them for 32 pesos (the others have all been 0 pesos. So, it's time again to pre-pay and I'd prefer not to go to Chapala if possible. I do not have a bank account in Mexico (nor do I want one).
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:22 pm

ferret wrote:I would also like to know about a pre-pay of CFE at Oxxo, Walmart etc.
I prepaid $500 pesos nearly two years ago at the CFE office in Chapala. I just got a bill from them for 32 pesos (the others have all been 0 pesos. So, it's time again to pre-pay and I'd prefer not to go to Chapala if possible. I do not have a bank account in Mexico (nor do I want one).

Don't have a MEX bank account either.  

Don't need any account at the ATM at Bancomer.  I was ready to swipe my US debit card to "start" the ATM, but didn't even need that.  The CFE software on the ATM looks very similar to the CFE machines at their office.  Including the anticipada screen.   You enter whatever amount you want to pay, then throw the pesos in the slot when prompted.  No fee.  You get a receipt with your CFE account number on it, the amount paid.  Bring an old CFE bill so the scanner can read the account, though I think you can enter it manually, too.  

One caution: CFE's software, online system and billing system are quite antiquated (I'm being kind).  When my pre-payment didn't show at the CFE site after a few days I contacted CFE via email.  I got a few runarounds until an honest person finally said, you won't see the credit until we load and print your next bill.  I got my bill and voila! there was my credit.  

FYI, at the Ajijic Bancomer lobby ONLY the ATM to the far left as you enter, has this ability.  I stood in front of it, not sure what to do, but the machine has a banner that runs constantly across the screen with various payees, CFE, TelMex and a few others.  Touch the screen when you see CFE logo and you're off to the races.  PS: I bring a sanitizer wipe with me to any ATM to press the screen, keys, etc.

I did not need assistance, but there is always a Bancomer employee willing to help you in the lobby, at least during business hours.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:23 pm

Awesome! Thank you so much!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by K2tog Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:29 am

BisbeeGal, thanks for the info about Bancomer in Ajijic. I did not know they have machine that allows you to pay CFE. I've been driving over to Chapala for years. What a relief.
K2tog
K2tog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down