INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

La Paceña has RE-OPENED

+3
BisbeeGal
CanuckBob
Rosa Venus
7 posters

Go down

La Paceña has RE-OPENED Empty La Paceña has RE-OPENED

Post by Rosa Venus Sun May 24, 2020 8:55 pm

I ate at (as in, dined in) La Paceña today. They have all the safety protocols in place at entry - demanded by the local government. Only takes a minute, very thorough. (If you can't deal with the ritual, don't be unfair to them. They're just trying to satisfy the local requirements to re-open legally.) The staff was very well protected, as were clients. Tables well-spaced....I ate in the garden area. Same great food and great service. Love this place.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

La Paceña has RE-OPENED Empty Re: La Paceña has RE-OPENED

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 25, 2020 10:11 am

What is the ritual?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon May 25, 2020 3:11 pm

At the entrance they have a table with sanitizing gel. There is also a shallow, rectangular bucket on the floor. The bucket has a large sponge...you step on that to disenfect your shoes. A waiter meets you at the table and squirts gel in your hands. He's wearing a hairnet (?) and a facemask. He takes your temperature. He even took my cane and sprayed the handle with Lysol. The facemasks the staff wear are clear acrylic...basically like a "sneeze guard"...which allows them to actually breathe while wearing it. I t hought that brilliant as I can't imagine wearing a clothe mask in this heat non-stop for hours.

The office I work in is preparing to re-open on a limited basis and we're required to set up a similar procedure for people who come in. I think the specificity of the steps is being directed by Chapala Gob.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon May 25, 2020 3:57 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:At the entrance they have a table with sanitizing gel. There is also a shallow, rectangular bucket on the floor. The bucket has a large sponge...you step on that to disenfect your shoes. A waiter meets you at the table and squirts gel in your hands. He's wearing a hairnet (?) and a facemask. He takes your temperature. He even took my cane and sprayed the handle with Lysol. The facemasks the staff wear are clear acrylic...basically like a "sneeze guard"...which allows them to actually breathe while wearing it. I t hought that brilliant as I can't imagine wearing a clothe mask in this heat non-stop for hours.

The office I work in is preparing to re-open on a limited basis and we're required to set up a similar procedure for people who come in. I think the specificity of the steps is being directed by Chapala Gob.

First I've heard of the foot washing (other than on Holy Thursday---only Catholics will get that joke).

This what Pedro of Go Bistro posted on his FB page when he opened for dine-in last week:

there are a few protocols that have been established by jalisco's health department, for the protection of all.
they are as follows:
no groups larger than 6 people.
no table clothes or cloth napkins.
infrared temperature taken of all guests.
mandatory use of gel when entering.
masks until you get to your table, as well as when you are passing other tables on your way to the washroom.

things we are adding to this list...
this virus is real!!
anyone who thinks this is some kind of hoax or does not take it seriously is kindly advised to search out another dining option.
in the restaurant, the menu for the day can be found on your cell phone at gobistro.net.
we have paper copies for those who would prefer them, which are single use menus
you are welcome to keep them, or they will be discarded upon your departure.
all tables will be disinfected before you arrive, and between guests and are a safe distance apart.
knobs and bathroom surfaces will be cleaned between uses.
staff who carry food to your table will not touch finished plates or glassware that is cleared from your table.
and also true in the reverse...staff who clear dirty plates and glassware from your table will not be allowed to carry plates that are being sent from the kitchen to your table.
only I will be touching money and making change.
we will not be making change from money arriving from clients.
your change will be made from clean bills and coins, and I will be thoroughly cleaning my hands after touching money.
these measures and many more that you do not see will be taken to provide you with the safest dining possible.
we heartfully appreciate your ongoing support through what has clearly been a difficult time for all!!
we welcome you back with fondness and intend on serving you for many years to come!!!
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon May 25, 2020 4:33 pm

Good for Peter! He gets it.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kamcd Mon May 25, 2020 4:41 pm

Bisbee - I "double dog dare you" to post your mask picture on tob

kamcd

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon May 25, 2020 5:02 pm

kamcd wrote:Bisbee - I "double dog dare you" to post your mask picture on tob

Haaaaa!  

FYI, MC told me take down this avatar or be suspended until I did...doesn't even have trump in it.  Just your standard can of clorox  Beer
La Paceña has RE-OPENED Bleach10
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Claire Mon May 25, 2020 5:16 pm

Didn’t pay attention to this being in the restaurant pages. Post removed. Will post again in a more appropriate place. Sorry!

Last edited by Ida Claire on Mon May 25, 2020 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Faux pas)
Ida Claire
Ida Claire
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon May 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Where is La Paceña?

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon May 25, 2020 6:46 pm

Across the carretera from Superlake.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon May 25, 2020 6:52 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:Across the carretera from Superlake.

Thanks. I thought that was where it was but I suspect many don't know. Quite the procedure.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down