INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TAKE OUT AT THE MALL

+6
artsnob
Lady Otter Latté
ComputerGuy
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
gringal
10 posters

Go down

TAKE OUT AT THE MALL Empty TAKE OUT AT THE MALL

Post by gringal Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:21 pm

You can't sit down to eat since all the tables and chairs are roped off, but some of the places have plenty of take out. We got a tasty meal from the Indian place. Also open are Trip's, Subway and the Chinese. Another one, too, but don't recall he name.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

TAKE OUT AT THE MALL Empty Re: TAKE OUT AT THE MALL

Post by Trailrunner Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:09 pm

Gringal, were all the workers masked and gloved? Did you have to get close to them to pay? How did you manage the containers when you got home?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:39 pm

We brought our own compartmented plastic containers.
Enough of the quizzing, IMHO.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:44 pm

We're they masked???????? Gloved???
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:03 pm

Trailrunner wrote:We're they masked????????  Gloved???

See previous post, por favor. bounce

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:13 pm

Your unwillingness to answer and defensiveness is all I need to know to continue to avoid restaurant food. Thanks!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:15 pm

I believe the regulations for them to stay open for take out require them to wear masks and gloves. If not, they should be reported.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:41 pm

I believe Gringal's retiscence stems from the constant badgering and patronizing being delivered on TOB every single time someone mentions what they have done recently, or plan to do. (Like "My wife and I are driving north." Comment "Exactly how are you going to distance yourselves in the car?"

And once you start down a road with your principles, you stick with it. We are all sick of the nagging.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:47 pm

People who do not want to eat restaurant food don’t have to. They also can stop pointing fingers and tsk-tsking at those who have made their own (and different) decision about it.  I do agree with CG. A lot of us are sick of the badgering.

Last edited by Lady Otter Latté on Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:00 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:I believe Gringal's retiscence stems from the constant badgering and patronizing being delivered on TOB every single time someone mentions what they have done recently, or plan to do. (Like "My wife and I are driving north." Comment "Exactly how are you going to distance yourselves in the car?"

And once you start down a road with your principles, you stick with it. We are all sick of the nagging.

You have just expressed my feelings eloquently. Thanks.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:05 pm

And, I just stumbled about this:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/08/822903487/how-safe-is-it-to-eat-take-out?fbclid=IwAR0JvTICw-4THxY-aTdhCS685lnpGKM45bX0DPomtU1kJKk8LxfhL8VDizI
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:26 pm

Since I don't read the other board regularly, i was not aware of the nagging/badgering/whatever. I have been dying for restaurant food and getting close to succumbing  but after 25 years in the restaurant biz I have little faith that the kitchen crews are strictly following virus protection guidlines. In Mexico, or anywhere.

All I had was a simple 2 questions.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:55 pm

I have a pizza restaurant in my neighborhood, I went to order a pizza, no masks and gloves I wanted to check the kitchen but they stopped me, so I won’t be ordering from them

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:12 pm

Maybe a week ago, I purchased a box of four frozen pizzas (Kirkland brand =Costco) from Superlake. And these pizzas are ready to be heated and cooked. I checked again today and there wasn't much left in their Freezer section other than the sad note stating that Superlake had to close until the corona virus problem is over because of difficulties getting supplies during this crisis.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:35 pm

Yep, everybody wants to be an enforcer now, judgement running as wild as unspoken anxiety of when this thing is going to hit.  I saw a friend- sans mask today & couldn't help myself from saying 'where's your mask? (in the car...) Thumbs down .. so it happens.. worst story of the day tho was some Expat woman in Pancho's who LAID into a quiet couple for WEARING masks..all staff w masks on standing back watching this..  Bad manners, bad mantra & fairly annoying proselytizing. We GOT the memo.. & it mentions SELF responsibility.

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:28 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:People who do not want to eat restaurant food don’t have to. They also can stop pointing fingers and tsk-tsking at those who have made their own (and different) decision about it.  I do agree with CG. A lot of us are sick of the badgering.

Couldn´t agree more!!! Stick with your home deliveries and quit preaching!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:38 am

Our last meal at a restaurant was several weeks ago, and I've been cooking and eating at home ever since. I don't have any more trust in those elaborate take out arrangements than I have in going to a restaurant to eat, since I have no way of checking on their shopping, food prep or food handling before they put the finished product in my front yard orwherever.

Our foray to the mall yesterday was because of having other business there, and since the prospect of fresh Indian food was too good to pass up, we hied our masked selves to the counter.  No, the man serving up the take out portions wasn't WEARING A MASK AND/OR GLOVES. There was a tall glass counter between us; we paid with exact change and at the same time, I noticed the other places that were open.

I reported for the benefit of the rest of you who, like me, might be sick of 100% of their own home cooking.  And that's all, folks.
I have a feeling that a "simple answer" would have been the begining, not the end of it.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:09 pm

As far as I know so far there has not been contamination of the Covirus via food.. via air yes but not via food..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:37 pm

Field report from “out there.”
Had to be out today. Took the opportunity to visit the Scandinavian bakery at the mall. All employees masked and gloved. One person at a time allowed in. Distancing marks on floor. Small table just outside the door with antiseptic gel and instructions to use it before entering the bakery. Then I walked over to Trip’s. Only saw two other people on the way, one customer at Trip’s and all were masked. Trip’s was immaculate, three employees were all masked and gloved. A home made barrier kept me from walking up to the counter in front of the register. Antiseptic gel on the counter. I have not been to Trip’s in a long time and was surprised at the price increase since then. However, as I sat in my car eating the meal which was beautiful and delicious I judged it a wonderful treat and still worth it when I want a U.S.-style fastish food fix. That is about once a year or so. Please spare me any lectures about, well, anything — and I don’t need to know what you never eat or why.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:26 am

But what they never eat and why is so important to the world´s problem….. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Especially for the little children that are the majority posters on this board.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:24 am

Poor Slainte.

Thanks for the excellent report, LOL. I wondered what was happening there. It does not surprise me that Trip is making his employees comply with virus safety regs. And apparently he is the only one, or one of few.

I too went for a ride yesterday just around SAT though. I saw that since my fellow SATers are having a hard time following the isolation regs, they have had to "crime tape" the plaza and malecon off to keep people from congregating.

The whole Super Lake strip was crowded, parking lot jammed, people bustling about to get in under the wire, apparently. In contrast to the rest of as SA that looked like a ghost town.

All tienditas and restaurants were open and serving to-go food. Mariscos Lety has a neat moto parked in front with signage on it and shaded by its own festive umbrella. Tacos Frida was open too but don't know about how they are serving. Mario's looked to be business as usual. I've been told Adelitas is complying with masks/gloves. All restaurants were too dark inside to see if workers were wearing masks and gloves.

Provecho!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down