INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

List of Chapala businesses to be closed due to Covid-19 - including liquor stores!?

+7
Dostortas
cerebrozo
gringal
CanuckBob
HoneyBee
ComputerGuy
DuckieHoomever
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

List of Chapala businesses to be closed due to Covid-19 - including liquor stores!? - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Chapala businesses to be closed due to Covid-19 - including liquor stores!?

Post by Dostortas Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:06 pm

I’ve wondered the same thing about stores NOB. There seems to be a big emphasis about only going out to stores to buy essentials, mainly groceries however there are many big superstore grocery chains there. Are they limited to selling only products deemed as groceries? CBob commented that liquor stores are deemed as an essential service for the benefit of health and welfare. I gotta say, it kinda makes sense. Not to mention that the government needs the tax dollars for their stimulus.

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

List of Chapala businesses to be closed due to Covid-19 - including liquor stores!? - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Chapala businesses to be closed due to Covid-19 - including liquor stores!?

Post by CHILLIN Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:41 pm

Ina Garten, host of the very popular cooking show " Barefoot Contessa" says she starts her quarantine day with an extra large Cosmo cocktail. She is very conservative, she used to be nuclear policy head under the Nixon administration.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:01 pm

That would explain some of the nuclear incidents Beer

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:27 pm

If they shut down the liquor stores in my home town, there will be riots and violence. Somewhere on TV I saw a plea for gangs to stop shooting each other, so they can used the hospital beds for virus patients instead of pointless GSWs.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:27 pm

Dostortas wrote:Thanks gringagal for answering my question.  We want to buy a bottle of grey goose for our friend’s 90th birthday, he loves a good vodka martini.  We’ll be sure to get there before Saturday.  Thanks for the heads up.  

A wonderful and thoughtful birthday present. Happy 90th birthday to your friend.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2