INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MASK: Keeping safe and healthy during this time of Corona.

2 posters

Go down

MASK: Keeping safe and healthy during this time of Corona.   Empty MASK: Keeping safe and healthy during this time of Corona.

Post by Splashingcolor Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:38 am

With a compromised health issue of a family member, And a few family members that are in the medical profession, I’ve done research on keeping safe during this trying time we are all facing. I’m still learning, but here’s what I’ve learned so far. I know there are a lot people making mask to give away. I’m obsessing over this, I know, but I want people to be educated so we can all stay healthy. Please make sure that the recipients knows how to wear these. I saw a lady at OXOX have one on just covering her mouth. Then after she handled money she adjusted her mask, still just over her mouth. She had just contaminated her face AND mask! It was a mask that you get at the hardware store, so it was made out of disposable material. I’m sure she will put it on then next day, and the next day...you get where I’m going. It would be healthier if she DID’NT wear a mask at all. With this virus, you need to keep your hands away from your face! Don’t touch your face! The most effective way of controlling this virus is to wash your hands often, or use hand sanitizers and keep social distancing. Actually, the only people who are not medical personnel wearing a mask SHOULD be people who are sick. Then if you are sick, stay home! Wearing a mask gives you a false sense of security. If you are going to hand out masks and give them to the general public, I’ve translated a note to go with them. It’s as follows: ” Por favor, coloque la máscara en la cara, cubriendo la boca y la nariz, y mantén las manos lejos de la cara, por favor cambia el filtro y lávate todos los días. Lo más importante, lávate las manos con frecuencia y mantén la distancia social. “ In English it says: “please place the mask on your face, covering your mouth and nose, then keep your hands away from your face. please change the filter and wash daily. Most important, wash your hands frequently and keep social distance.” It’s very important that people know how to use them. More precautions: wipe down your cell phones when you return home, (rubbing alcohol) change your clothes and shower after you have gone out of your house, be mindfull of what you are touching and wash your hands frequently. like they’ve said, we are in this together, we need to keep learning, keep helping and educating each other so we can beat this.
Splashingcolor
Splashingcolor
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Profound yet witty

Back to top Go down

MASK: Keeping safe and healthy during this time of Corona.   Empty Re: MASK: Keeping safe and healthy during this time of Corona.

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:39 am

When you get home put your mask in the sun on the concrete or pavers. I measured 160F on a stone table.  Put your paper money in a pillow case and stuff into dryer.  Change can go into sun.  Think like everyone you meet is infected and behave accordingly. I wipe down groceries as much as I can with 99% alcohol.

I disagree about the mask. Since the virus can be transmitted for four to eight day and you might not even know you have it wearing the mask when in public is important. Even a home made mask will stop the virus. It is very large. Another reason to wear a mask is to stop you from touching your face.
One needs to practice wearing the mask.  I can now walk five miles while wearing the mask and feeling comfortable.

My mother has the Corona virus in Seattle. She survived it but it makes you very very weak. She is 90 and has breathing problems. Most here will survive it but some will die putting it bluntly. My Mom says you don't want it. My sister who lives near her can't help her as she is in Chemo and has no immune system so she had to survive this by herself. Luckily my brother in law could bring her food. Local stores clean the store than twice a week open stores up to seniors only for a couple of hours. Fred Meyer lets you order stuff and give you a time and you can pick it up without going into store. So some creative thinking is going into all this.

Good Luck folks!!

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

MASK: Keeping safe and healthy during this time of Corona.   Empty Re: MASK: Keeping safe and healthy during this time of Corona.

Post by Splashingcolor Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:56 am

Zed, you are one of the smarter ones, but there are a lot of locals who are not informed as to the proper way of wearing a mask. I’m just trying to get the word out to let people know how to wear one. Safely.  Educate, educate, educate. We are in this together. Stay healthy and safe.
Splashingcolor
Splashingcolor
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Profound yet witty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down