INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highest rate of kidney disease in the world

+9
Smartalex
Jreboll
SunFan
Gamina
Lady Otter Latté
Trailrunner
kiko
RoyD
CanuckBob
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Highest rate of kidney disease in the world Empty Highest rate of kidney disease in the world

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:33 pm

I knew it was bad but not this bad......

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/highest-rate-of-kidney-disease-in-the-world/

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Highest rate of kidney disease in the world Empty Re: Highest rate of kidney disease in the world

Post by RoyD Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:18 pm

I knew it was not a good idea to swim in the lake. Eat fish from it either.

Roy D

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Highest rate of kidney disease in the world Empty Re: Highest rate of kidney disease in the world

Post by kiko Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:21 pm

Coca Cola. Nuff said.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:35 pm

All of the above plus limited potable water source.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:23 am

This is a town that desperately needs some state and federal funding to clean up their water supply.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter LattĂ© Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:38 am

kiko wrote:Coca Cola.  Nuff said.

If the kidney disease was caused by drinking Coca Cola wouldn’t it be wide spread and not one specific village?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:09 am

Mexico has one of the highest rates of diabetes now that can partially be blamed on Coke. This is an entirely different problem.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:00 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I knew it was bad but not this bad......

Absolutely not true. Just google it to find out. The Mexican incidence of kidney disease is due to diabetes.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter LattĂ© Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:38 pm

Gamina wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:I knew it was bad but not this bad......

Absolutely not true.  Just google it to find out.  The Mexican incidence of kidney disease is due to diabetes.

Diabetes is a wide-spread problem all over Mexico and here lakeside. Why the concentration of kidney disease in this one village?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:33 pm

The article says the lake water because they drink it and swim in it. I tend to believe the article.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:38 pm

Todd Stong has been working to solve this disaster for years. To hear hime there is as of yet little assistance being provided by any level of government. Whats new.

Its my understanding that the problem stems for contaminated wells in the village. I don't believe anyone at Lakeside drinks directly from the lake.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter LattĂ© Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:08 pm

CanuckBob wrote:The article says the lake water because they drink it and swim in it. I tend to believe the article.

Only the people in this one village drink lake water and swim in the lake? I tend to believe it has more to do with their well water as has been mentioned.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:37 pm

I just saw a documentary saying that eating food contaminated with E. Coli 0157 can lead to kidney disease. This bacteria is found in cattle feces and can easily get into the food chain. They should do much more testing to find out where the problems are.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:33 am

The biggest problem is there hasn't been enough money dedicated to epidemiology to find out the true cause of the problem. Dr. Stong told me the other day that there are two huge families primarily that have the kidney problems. He wants us to continue trying to track down the grandchildren in these families so they can have concentrated testing and assessment of their possible links.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:26 pm

This problem has been studied by public health officials a number of times. The studies have centered on Agua Caliente, an isolated fishing village near San Pedro Itzican, where the incidence of kidney disease is most frequent. The studies were inconclusive in finding a cause. One of the researchers in the previous studies remarked that the problem was possibly a consequence of inbreeding, a subject which was considered taboo and overlooked in the research.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:17 am

Smartalex, would not be surprised if inbreeding is part of the problem. I live in the Santa Maria/La Cascada Neighborhood in Chapala and I am under the impression that pretty much everyone is related. The other problem is the number of teenage girls which are single mom's in my area. I believe the later is related to education as and I stand corrected if I am wrong but I do not believe that there is sexual education in the local schools. And of course the catholic church culture, by this I mean about five years ago I went to Walmart to buy some condoms, they where in locked boxes that the cashier had to open. I noticed that most pharmacies now have them on display. Yesterday I was at Costco and I am still laughing as they had boxes of maybe a 100 each piled high. So luckily there seems to be a change for people with some education anyway. I did not buy any because am like Santa Clause, I only come once a year. Very Happy

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:51 pm

The introduction of sex education in Mexican public schools was quite controversial. When students were requested to bring a cucumber and a condom to class in order to demonstrate how to install a condom, they discovered that many pharmacies would not sell condoms to minors. The upshot of this controversy was that the Catholic church and the pharmacies were told to mind their own business and condoms became more readily available. Sex education has resulted in a declining birthrate as well as a decline in the rate of teenage pregnancies. Of course, many youngsters only attend school for a few years and do not get as far as the course in sex education.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:34 pm

Yes e. coli can certainly lead to kidney disease. E.coli can also be asymptomatic, you don't know you have it. The infection is also mostly antibiotic resistant, I beat it once, then it came back as a mutation. Luckily, my doctor did one more 'Hail Mary" round with an antibiotic injection that costs about 850 pesos per day. It worked.
I sometimes wonder if the bottled water here has high mineral content. This water is drawn from the Lake, then vigorously treated with a reverse osmosis process. One popular brand, which I will not mention here because I don't believe it is true, was found to have fecal matter in it. Businesses are also dealers in fake news. One PR professional I knew was hired by a major brewery (Labatts Blue, working mans brew) because someone was passing a rumor that the company was now owned by Punjabi Sikhs. Which is firstly odd because the truly faithful are tea total and vegan. There was a lot of racial prejudice in B.C. at time, and their sales were plummeting.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:46 pm

"I sometimes wonder if the bottled water here has high mineral content. This water is drawn from the Lake, then vigorously treated with a reverse osmosis process." -

WHAT bottled water are you talking about here? Please provide proof and documentation to back up your statement.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:35 pm

It is common knowledge that all water treatment plants in Guadalajara use municipal water as their source. Despite their advertisement, there is no pristine spring or aguifer which they have exclusive access to. The ratio of Lake water to municipal water is out there, probably changing per colonia. Even Perrier sparkling water has its natural fizziness removed, then purified, then regassed with CO2. The only true alternative to clean water is a machine (appr $1,500 US, typically a multi level marketing venture) which removes water from the air, like distilled water. But it tastes awful, many people have to add mineral water to get used to it.

If you ever tasted aquifer water that has filtered glacier water for hundreds of years, you would understand. I lived on a farm like that, but the closest I have tasted is the tap water in Mt. Shasta, northern california. Another potential is a part of a small town in B.C. called Chilliwack, which consistely wins prizes for its municipal water quality. Water is as consistent to life as sunshine. We should be constantly be trying improve the quality.

Last edited by CHILLIN on Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:42 pm

"Common knowledge" denotes no knowledge at all.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:53 pm

OK Gamina, tell me where the water from garrafons, and the water in soda comes from.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:57 pm

In spite of your long-winded post, you did not answer the question. Give us a link to prove your statement that "this water is drawn from the lake".
Sorry Chillin but my bullshit meter is maxed out and making a racket.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:58 am

Trailrunner wrote:In spite of your long-winded post, you did not answer the question. Give us a link to prove your statement that "this water is drawn from the lake".
Sorry Chillin but my bullshit meter is maxed out and making a racket.

Just more of the usual here TR......posts for an audience of one...... lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:54 am

lol!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next