INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know where to purchase woven wooden fish baskets?

+5
brigitte
Canada_Mike
ComputerGuy
RVGRINGO
Cincy
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anyone know where to purchase woven wooden fish baskets? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone know where to purchase woven wooden fish baskets?

Post by Cincy Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:45 pm

Found exactly what I was looking for in Tonala!

These fish traps are fairly authentic.  With bait and stones to sink them they could catch tilapia in Lake Chapala.  There were many different sizes available up to 1 metre long.

Anyone know where to purchase woven wooden fish baskets? - Page 2 Img_9610

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where to purchase woven wooden fish baskets? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone know where to purchase woven wooden fish baskets?

Post by ferret Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:07 pm

Very nice! Are you going to be more precise about where you found them? Somebody else is sure to want the information.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:07 pm

Maria from Oaxaca at the corner of the carretera near Torito has a pile of them, just saw them this week.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Very nice! Well done.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:15 am

ferret wrote:Very nice! Are you going to be more precise about where you found them? Somebody else is sure to want the information.

Anyone know where to purchase woven wooden fish baskets? - Page 2 Fish_l11

2 - 70cm = $700
2 - 50cm = $500
1 - 40cm = $200

Total         $1,400 MXN

The lady at El Torito sells only the smaller ones which an additional 60% Gringo Tax added...

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:26 pm

Cincy wrote:

The lady at El Torito sells only the smaller ones which an additional 60% Gringo Tax added...

Somebody has to pay for the gasoline and time to get them out here, whether you are Gringo or Lilliputian.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:38 am

Let me tell you the story about that lady.. SHe is from axaca, cannot read or write, married at age 14 widowed with kids at age 20.. I taught her daughter Francisca to read  at age 25, 20 years ago . I have been to their houses.. and I would love to see anyone on this forum live the way they live. Twenty years ago they lived in a shak , no refri no running water,I was there too so I saw it with my own eyes.. so they now live like other human beings, that is what your extra 100 or 200 pesos a lamp did for that family.. Think about that ..and drive to Tonala to help a store there rather than here. Enjoy the money you saved.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:42 pm

So, if they asked the lady to get the other sizes that the OP needed, would she have been able to get them?
I doubt very much if the cost was the problem but she simply didn't have what the OP wanted.
I wouldn't compromise on a look I was trying to achieve just to give someone local the money.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:15 pm

brigitte wrote:Let me tell you the story about that lady.. SHe is from axaca, cannot read or write, married at age 14 widowed with kids at age 20.. I taught her daughter Francisca to read  at age 25, 20 years ago . I have been to their houses.. and I would love to see anyone on this forum live the way they live. Twenty years ago they lived in a shak , no refri no running water,I was there too so I saw it with my own eyes.. so they now live like other human beings...

I wish you would have told this story earlier; it would definitely have influenced my purchase options.  I too know locals who cannot read and write and others that live in crude shacks deep in the barrios raising families of kids on little income.  These are some of my closest Mexican friends and I will do anything to help them out in times of extreme hardship, especially this time of year...

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2