INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hypnosis ...... quitting smoking.......who and where

+8
oncesubtle
Ocelot
RVGRINGO
SunFan
CanuckBob
gringal
Carry Bean
gravy
12 posters

Go down

hypnosis ...... quitting smoking.......who and where Empty hypnosis ...... quitting smoking.......who and where

Post by gravy Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:16 pm

OK ....... finally after 60+ of smoking ...... I really want to do it ..... anyone RECOMMEND a good hypnotist .....
my last challenge.... did it once for 30 days and flew to the Bahamas for a job, got picked up in a huge pickup truck, got to the job and it was raining so hard you couldn't see the hood ......... and then the other 3 guys lit up cigarettes ..... lasted 5 min before bumming one .......
asking for help out there folks ................
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

hypnosis ...... quitting smoking.......who and where Empty Re: hypnosis ...... quitting smoking.......who and where

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:55 pm

If you have been smoking 60 plus years, I suggest you go see a good pulmonologist like Dr. Peralta who comes to Quality Care every Monday.  He can steer you to the help you need as well as assess the condition of your lungs.  Good luck.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

hypnosis ...... quitting smoking.......who and where Empty Re: hypnosis ...... quitting smoking.......who and where

Post by gringal Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:10 am

You poor guy. I smoked for years and quit cold turkey. Hardest thing I've ever done. Chewed a lot of gum. Made everybody around me crazy.
Hang in there and yes, you should see a doc for some help.
Best of luck!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:11 am

You poor guy. I smoked for years and quit cold turkey. Hardest thing I've ever done. Chewed a lot of gum. Made everybody around me crazy.
Hang in there and yes, you should see a doc for some help.
Best of luck!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:28 am

I quit almost every year from 3 to 6 months. Problem is I don't change my habits enough to make it stick. I still go hang out in the bar with my smoking friends. You need to change every thing about your life that involves smoking. Then quit cold turkey. My Dad smoked for 60 years and quit cold turkey after his copd diagnosis. He hasn't touched one in 8 years now. You have to want to quit.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:18 am

Fall crazy in love with a non-smoker. That'll do it for motivation.
cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 am

I should add that I did NOT quit cold turkey 13 years ago. I used Nicolette inhalers for 4 years. They are little nicotine cartridges you put in a little gizmo and inhale occasionally. I discovered them when they quit allowing smoking on planes. I thought at the time I would sure use them if I ever wanted to quit because the flights were completely comfortable using them. I was a 4 pack a day smoker. Used to be able to buy them here but I don’t think they are available here now. Cold turkey wouldn’t have worked well for me so find what does work for you.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:14 am

The one secret I learned to quit smoking is that the urge to smoke is very transient; lasts only a few seconds. When the urgency hits distract yourself. Do something physical, start a conversation, eat something and the urge will pass for a few minutes or hours.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:32 am

I finally quit, after smoking 43 years, when I awoke in a hospital bed, after a massive MI. I got stents and a confirmation of congestive heart failure. COPD and more heart attacks, and more stents followed. It got my attention! I am still paying the price.
Quit now, not after the next cigarette. Buy some shirts with no pockets, and carry gum in all your pant's pockets. Give up coffee and alcohol, and other related habits, until the urges are gone. It will take a while, but it will happen. Meanwhile, drink two glasses of cold water as often as you can. You will want water, as you get thirsty shelling roasted peanuts to keep your fingers and your mouth busy.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocelot Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:24 pm

I keep hearing no coffee but I drank much more coffee. I think it replaced the caffeine because way back when, there was no other way but "cold turkey". I gained some weight and was told I had the disposition of a grizzly bear but I succeeded. What works for one person might not necessarily work for another.
Ocelot
Ocelot

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:35 pm

Been everywhere tried everything twice, now considering crack. It probably won't work but if it does ya'll be the first to know.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:27 pm

ya'll not gonna like this...
but, the secret ta quitting smoking...

just stop

the power is in you... nobody else

I ain't doin that shit no mo.... Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:44 pm

Ma never raised a quitter.....lol.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:43 pm

My doctor suggested I go into rehab.

Looked into it, but apparently they don't serve alcohol.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:32 pm

No firsthand experience but I've heard a lot of good things about Chantix (varenicline). Well, except for that thing about "may cause thoughts of suicide" ---but, really, that's just part of quitting. Smokealot
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:41 pm

Chantix is frightfully expensive
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:09 am

So's smoking and its side effects. Quit, damnit
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:50 am

First of all, in Mexico, Chantix is called Champix. My hubby used it and it was painless. As in painless... for BOTH of us. My hubby was a lifelong smoker and I was absolutely dreading going through his withdrawal. It worked. It's a stepdown program and the length of time on each dose is pretty much calculated by your Doctor's knowledge of how much you smoke. So, no cheating. If I remember correctly, it took two months on the pills and he never smoked again. As usual, it is cheaper in Mexico.
https://www.farmalisto.com.mx/resultados?s=Champix
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:33 am

no doctor
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:45 am

Go to Dr. Lastra and spend 300 pesos to find out your requirements and timing. He won't care if he never sees you again. The rest is up to you.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:00 am

thanks ........ will do .........does he know about smoking quitting ?
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:22 am

He's the one who put my hubby on Champix so he knows enough.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down