INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free parking at GDL yesterday

5 posters

Go down

Free parking at GDL yesterday Empty Free parking at GDL yesterday

Post by alisunsmom Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:46 am

My wife and I returned to GDL yesterday and went to the machines to pay for our parking. The machines on both banks were shut down and indicated this by a red light on each machine.There was an indigenous woman there with her child and she told us and others that were trying to pay that parking was free that day and would always be so. I had serious doubts but could not pay for the parking as the machines were shut down.

When we went to drive to the toll gates they were all in an upright position and another indigenous male was sitting there. All the cars were just driving through and we had to do the same. I feel badly about not paying but had no choice.

Does anyone on this board know what is going on ??

alisunsmom

Back to top Go down

Free parking at GDL yesterday Empty Re: Free parking at GDL yesterday

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:35 pm

Ongoing fight between the ejido and the government over payment of the airport property.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Yes, most likely a land dispute.
It reminds me of a funny true story in Vancouver. My occasional assistant was working to help Fra. Dunstan complete a major fresco painting at the Benedictine Abbey. I had told them about some "bozzettos" that are small clay or wax sculptures as models for larger works. These ones were attributed to the hand of Michelangelo. They were invited down the downtown core to view them. They noticed the underground parking was $12 per day, but didn't notice payment by credit card only. They viewed the models in the vault, we're leaving to find only an automatic gate, no humans. Well my friend didn't have credit card, and Fra. Duncan says "I am a Benedictine monk, why on earth would I have a credit card!". So my friend gets Fra. Dunstan, in his jet black monk's cassock, in his 80's, to lift the gate so they can squeeze out. I could always imagine the security guard reviewing the tape to mutter "and this is the day I lost all faith in humanity". They did send the parking fee and an apology by mail.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:33 am

here was heavy traffic when I went to the airport on Friday as the ejido was there..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:15 am

That's much better for us than two years ago when they blocked all the parking garages. This way they penalize the airport without infuriating the public.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down