INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with Mozilla Thunderbird email-Help

+2
CHILLIN
sm1mex
6 posters

Go down

Problem with Mozilla Thunderbird email-Help Empty Problem with Mozilla Thunderbird email-Help

Post by sm1mex Wed May 08, 2019 10:56 am

When I open my Mozilla Thunderbird email, I get a pop up to Sign in with Google to continue to Mozilla Thunderbird email. It shows my email address and asks for my password. Does this seem right or is it a hack in progress?
I use Gmail.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Problem with Mozilla Thunderbird email-Help Empty Re: Problem with Mozilla Thunderbird email-Help

Post by CHILLIN Wed May 08, 2019 11:49 am

Mozilla is having some problems since Saturday.If you go to the tech section of this board, you might have to find how to allow Mozilla to do studies and polling. Once authorized, the update should restore all your apps. If it does not, then you have to remove apps, add ons and reinstall them manually. If that does not work, wait for the next Firefox update. You might want to disallow polling after everything works.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Problem with Mozilla Thunderbird email-Help Empty Re: Problem with Mozilla Thunderbird email-Help

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 08, 2019 12:23 pm

This happens too often now, with Google's ridiculously aggressive security tactics. It's because the GMail servers see your program as a "less secure app", so you need to tell them that you are perfectly happy with it. Thunderbird users should have no problem doing this. Microsoft Outlook users, on the other hand, are often now being blocked from GMail no matter what they try.

Change account access for less secure apps

To help keep Google Accounts through work, school, or other groups more secure, we block some less secure apps from using them. If you have this kind of account, you’ll see a "Password incorrect" error when trying to sign in. SKIP OPTION 1.

Option 1: Install a more secure app that uses stronger security measures. All Google products, like Gmail, use the latest security measures.
   Option 2: Change your settings to allow less secure apps into your account. We don't recommend this option because it can make it easier for someone to break into your account. If you want to allow access anyway, follow these steps:
       Go to your Google Account.
       On the left navigation panel, click Security.
       On the bottom of the page, in the Less secure app access panel, click Turn on access.
            If you don't see this setting, your administrator might have turned off less secure app account access.

If you still can't sign in to your account, learn more about the "password incorrect" error.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiny Wed May 08, 2019 2:01 pm

[quote="HelperGuy"]Microsoft Outlook users, on the other hand, are often now being blocked from GMail no matter what they try.[/quote]

I have both Outlook and Gmail e-mail addresses.  I have not had any problem either e-mail.  The way I access my Gmail is as an additional server in Outlook.

Tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 08, 2019 2:16 pm

That is the way all email is accessed through a client program. Incoming and outcoming servers. POP and IMAP, depending. As I said, it "happens too often now"and "Outlook users... often now being blocked..."; that is all.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiny Wed May 08, 2019 2:37 pm

I am just saying my experience. Also I haven't read anything about "happens too often now"and "Outlook users... often now being blocked...".

Tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 08, 2019 2:50 pm

I have no problems accessing my gmail account via Outlook.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 08, 2019 7:53 pm

Tiny wrote:I am just saying my experience. Also I haven't read anything about "happens too often now"and "Outlook users... often now being blocked...".
And why would you? You'd have to Google it and sift through all the crap, good and bad. And why would you, if you don't have the problem? So having looked at hundreds of computer this year alone, I have a leg up on first-hand experience. And if you want to argue with me, that's just fine. I'm just offering the solution I know about, based on the symptoms. Time for the OP to respond.

You do realize there are thousands of PC issues that you are most likely never going to hear about, right? I subscribe to any number of newsletters and Windows update blogs to keep on top of this stuff. I have an arsenal of tools I carry with me on a USB stick to help solve problems. I've been doing it for a while, and there is something new every day. And i can't do my job properly unless I can come up with answers. So that's what I do. For you to say you haven't heard about it, is such a facile comment. I hadn't heard that two reporters were going to be "pardoned" this week in Myanmar, and neither had they... and yet, look what happened.

And I reiterate, I didn't say EVERYONE. Many are not experiencing the problem. But a good heads up in case it does happen.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiny Wed May 08, 2019 9:04 pm

Wow, I don't know what to say.

Tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu May 09, 2019 12:03 pm

I got it fixed going through Google. Thanks for all the tips.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Thu May 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Tiny wrote:Wow, I don't know what to say.

I'll alert the press...
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down