INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was offered the position of "Manager" at the LCS video library today.

+6
CHILLIN
helohfe
kamcd
LCS NOTICES
CanuckBob
Problem Child
10 posters

Go down

I was offered the position of "Manager" at the LCS video library today. Empty I was offered the position of "Manager" at the LCS video library today.

Post by Problem Child Sat May 04, 2019 4:30 pm

The current manager, Tom, is stepping down. Only one small hitch - - -

The LCS Video Library is in the process of closing down, probably within the next few weeks.

Tom said it's a losing proposition and has been for some time. It was killed by streaming, pirated DVDs, Netflix and such. I can understand it.

I wonder what will be done with the probably well over a thousand videos they have. Some really good Teaching Companies VHS boxed sets. I lived on those for years and loved every one of them.

Sort of like 78 rpm records.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I was offered the position of "Manager" at the LCS video library today. Empty Re: I was offered the position of "Manager" at the LCS video library today.

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 04, 2019 4:41 pm

Well go ask if you can have them. The rest belong in the recycling bin...…..

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

I was offered the position of "Manager" at the LCS video library today. Empty Re: I was offered the position of "Manager" at the LCS video library today.

Post by Problem Child Sat May 04, 2019 4:47 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Well go ask if you can have them. The rest belong in the recycling bin...…..

I could happily spend a lot of my life watching Teaching Company Great Courses, BUT, they don't have CC and for me, that could be a deal breaker. Still, the way they are recorded and the quiet environment and the fact the Professors are seasoned speaker, does go a long way to be able to hear them.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LCS NOTICES Wed May 08, 2019 12:37 pm

I've been asked to post that all official announcements regarding The Lake Chapala Society are made and authorized only by the President and or the Executive Director. Please see our website and Facebook pages for complete and accurate information.

LCS NOTICES
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Wed May 08, 2019 12:54 pm

I was just relating what I was told, it wasn't intended as an official notice.

Had I been told not to say anything, I would have honored that.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kamcd Wed May 08, 2019 9:20 pm

I like Tom, pretty sure I wouldn't like you but I love to be proved wrong.

kamcd

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Wed May 08, 2019 9:33 pm

I'm actually very nice in person. I respect people's rights and opinions.Even those here that trash me, I will defend to the end their right to have an express options I disagree with.

I follow the rules even when I disagree with them, unless the rule violates basic human rights or those things set out in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights.

I also like and usually respect women.

Boring.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by helohfe Thu May 09, 2019 6:55 am

Some people NEVER "get-it"...No hope for the terminal fool.

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu May 09, 2019 7:50 am

For a person who "follows the rules" one would think that you would pickup that you posted a LCS internal matter thread in the medical/dental area of this forum.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Thu May 09, 2019 8:08 am

CHILLIN wrote:For a person who "follows the rules" one would think that you would pickup that you posted a LCS internal matter thread in the medical/dental area of this forum.

Have you ever made a mistake?

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by benjji Thu May 09, 2019 8:10 am

I think he was looking up "Free Lobotomy AT LCS"....a very old posting

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhappyday Thu May 09, 2019 11:19 am

Problem Child wrote:I was just relating what I was told, it wasn't intended as an official notice.

Had I been told not to say anything, I would have honored that.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

You seem to have a very bad habit of talking about things you were told that weren't meant for public dissemination. People should not have to tell you not to repeat things; a mature individual grasps this without being told.

Besides the obvious reasons for not repeating things you hear within the community, consider that your lack of hearing is a serious disability, leaving you to fill in the gaps in conversations you are only able to grasp (hear) part of. Therefore, what you repeat is often far off the mark from was actually said.

Just being honest.

ohhappyday

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu May 09, 2019 2:00 pm

I just saw this one today - Call medical, this man needs an emergency stickodectomy!
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu May 09, 2019 10:19 pm

This is a simple case of an "attention whore", nothing more, nothing less.
He´s the perfect disciple of the old Oscar Wilde quotation……..
"The only thing worse than being……(well, I´m sure you all know the rest)
I won´t repeat it, just in case there is a one in a million chance that this isn´t his goal.

No matter what his ends are, he makes you want to……. I was offered the position of "Manager" at the LCS video library today. 968748

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Thu May 09, 2019 10:44 pm

Duplicate

Last edited by RickS on Thu May 09, 2019 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Thu May 09, 2019 10:51 pm

Well, I guess it just goes to show that all of us are not perfect......
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu May 09, 2019 10:52 pm

RickS wrote:Well, I guess it just goes to show that all of us are not perfect......

I can buy into that, who can´t?...….but to make the the same stupid mistakes over and over again, does put him on a different level.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Thu May 09, 2019 10:54 pm

Yes, I think that is a given.....
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down