INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFE BILL: I need top notch Electrician

+8
CanuckBob
MexicoPete
RVGRINGO
ferret
cypress
Rosa Venus
Canada_Mike
gringal
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CFE BILL: I need top notch Electrician Empty CFE BILL: I need top notch Electrician

Post by gringal Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:57 am

Just got the current CFE bill: At least double previous, and usage hasn't changed. I have nine solar panels and compared to one of my neighbors with about the same usage, my bill is double re his.

Before going to CFE, I need a top notch electrician to check my system. The one we have been using has been too busy lately.
Recommendation, por favor?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

CFE BILL: I need top notch Electrician Empty Re: CFE BILL: I need top notch Electrician

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:45 am

I use Jose Martinez. He is the best one I have found.
333-174-1282

BTW......my usage is about 850 to 950 KWH every two months. My bill is from $4000 to $5200 pesos. I have a pool running 6 hours per day and two rental casitas along with my main house. The washer and dryer are going almost every day. I do not have any solar panels.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

CFE BILL: I need top notch Electrician Empty Re: CFE BILL: I need top notch Electrician

Post by gringal Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:34 am

THANKS ! Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:17 am

Gringal did you read the last link on TOB about rates?

edited to add the link: https://www.energiaecosmart.com/new-cfe-residential-rates-and-how-they-will-affect-you/

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:24 am

ferret wrote:Gringal did you read the last link on TOB about rates?

edited to add the link: https://www.energiaecosmart.com/new-cfe-residential-rates-and-how-they-will-affect-you/

Yes I did. I think I'm screwed, but I'll have the electrician look the situation over and pinpoint the worst offenders.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:56 am

You couldn't possibly be using more electricity than me given you have solar panels and no pool. From what I know of your place your usage should be around 700KWH every 2 months and your panels should be covering about 500KWH of that. Your bill should never exceed $1000p max. You shouldn't even be in the DAC.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:25 pm

CanuckBob wrote:You couldn't possibly be using more electricity than me given you have solar panels and no pool. From what I know of your place your usage should be around 700KWH every 2 months and your panels should be covering about 500KWH of that. Your bill should never exceed $1000p max. You shouldn't even be in the DAC.

How to get IN the DAC:  A year or so ago, there was a man in the casita who was gone for 3 weeks and left the electric heater on.  That did it for putting us in the DAC and I've heard all manner of stories about how long it takes to get OUT again..

There is also the need for one member of the family (not me) to run the mini split A/C at night in the bedroom, all year long.  (Don't ask.)  Other than that, we have a complete kitchen in the casita but both that fridge and ours are small (24/26  inches), microwaves and the usual coffee pots and one toaster oven. Stoves are gas. Last month when it was cold in the morning, I ran an electric heater in the office for a couple of hours. Until last year, we had our gas water heater and one electric "on demand" water heater in the casita, but when it blew up and shorted out, we dumped it in favor of replacing our old gas water heater with a much larger one which serves both places now.  Have a washer and gas dryer, but that's it, and no pool or other thing I can think of.

How to get OUT of the DAC:  After the electrician goes over the place, we'll see what can be done.  Someone published the new, increased rate information starting last month, from CFE, and that may have a lot to do with it.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:14 pm

Could be your solar panels are not feeding back to the power grid due to some fault as well.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:33 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Could be your solar panels are not feeding back to the power grid due to some fault as well.

According to the bill, we are getting credit on that, as usual.  On to the next possibility.  Maybe we need more solar panels to cover our wasteful habits. We have a large amount of space on the roof, so that's doable.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:36 pm

When was the last time they were cleaned?
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:11 pm

Canada_Mike wrote:When was the last time they were cleaned?

Within the month, but as I posted above, we are getting credit for them same as always, so they're working.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:37 pm

My CFE bill has averaged 400-500 pesos every two months since I've been in this house (4 years). The bill I received a few days ago is $4900. Huh?

I'm assuming it's a mistake and headed to CFE on Monday with a printout of my meter, etc.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:35 pm

I went into the DAC for one billing period (Nov 2017).  My rolling annual usage went to 3,053 KWh because I was still deploying my wasteful NOB habits.  That cost me $2,431 MXN. The next billing period, after overhauling my entire electrical usage was $277 MXN which bought me back below the 3,000 KWh annual rolling average DAC threshold.

My point is, getting out of DAC is not necessarily a prolonged affair if you act immediately!

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:44 am

Thanks for all the input. This coming week is going to be analysis and correction time.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:54 am

gringal wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:You couldn't possibly be using more electricity than me given you have solar panels and no pool. From what I know of your place your usage should be around 700KWH every 2 months and your panels should be covering about 500KWH of that. Your bill should never exceed $1000p max. You shouldn't even be in the DAC.

How to get IN the DAC:  A year or so ago, there was a man in the casita who was gone for 3 weeks and left the electric heater on.  That did it for putting us in the DAC and I've heard all manner of stories about how long it takes to get OUT again..

There is also the need for one member of the family (not me) to run the mini split A/C at night in the bedroom, all year long.  (Don't ask.)  Other than that, we have a complete kitchen in the casita but both that fridge and ours are small (24/26  inches), microwaves and the usual coffee pots and one toaster oven. Stoves are gas. Last month when it was cold in the morning, I ran an electric heater in the office for a couple of hours. Until last year, we had our gas water heater and one electric "on demand" water heater in the casita, but when it blew up and shorted out, we dumped it in favor of replacing our old gas water heater with a much larger one which serves both places now.  Have a washer and gas dryer, but that's it, and no pool or other thing I can think of.

How to get OUT of the DAC:  After the electrician goes over the place, we'll see what can be done.  Someone published the new, increased rate information starting last month, from CFE, and that may have a lot to do with it.

How to get out of DAC? I went into DAC for one billing period. I made changes-mainly got a second meter for the casita and pool. I was automatically out of DAC the next billing period.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:55 am

New CFE Residential Rates

Just plugged in the new CFE residential rates into my spreadsheet that monitors the health of my voltaic solar system.  Looks like I'm in for a significant % increase!  The only time the new rates would have helped was Aug/Oct 2017 when I dipped into the DAC.

CFE BILL: I need top notch Electrician Cfe10

Note: My latest bill for 2019 did not reflect the new rates. I wonder if these "new rates" are real...

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:30 am

Your next bill may tell if true. I'm assuming that they couldn't charge the "new" rate when part of your bill fell in 2018 and the rest in 2019. Which is the same timing as mine. Dunno.
I'm back up to 200 kwh in the bank after using my electric fireplace for the last three months but my "anniversary" date is March the 1st. So I'm also waiting to see if CFE takes my credit away on that date as well. My CFE bill has been the minimum 46 pesos since I installed the 5 panels and I also went in to Chapala and prepaid for the year based on that charge. Vamos a ver.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:10 am

I'm thinking that article by EcoSmart about new CFE rates is BS information released by a solar company trying to drum up business...!!!

On CFE's web page the rate increases for January 2019 are very small.

CFE BILL: I need top notch Electrician 2019-011

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:25 am

This is an interesting read...
https://forum.sancarlosmexico.com/forum1/17144.html

One of the posts shows a rate chart and shows Jalisco. Still feeling like a mushroom though.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:38 am

https://app.cfe.mx/Aplicaciones/CCFE/Tarifas/TarifasCRECasa/Tarifas/Tarifa1.aspx

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:22 am

ferret wrote:This is an interesting read...
https://forum.sancarlosmexico.com/forum1/17144.html

One of the posts shows a rate chart and shows Jalisco. Still feeling like a mushroom though.

Coastal cities like San Carlos used to have CFE subsidies. That conversation is irrelevant to us as we were never part of the subsidies. Coastal Jalisco was though.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:27 am

I've already seen that Cincy on TOB. And, I sincerely hope you are correct. Being a Doubting Tomasina, this may also be a case of the website being not up to date... especially with the number of people who are already paying more and don't know why.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:49 am

It appears that prices are up, subsidies are vanishing, lower categories are shrinking and the DAC entry point is lower. You are doomed, if you do not reduce your consumption significantly, or convert to a solar system.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:01 pm

You used to go into DAC if your previous 12 month total was 3000 or more KWH.

Are you suggesting that this has changed? When I went to the latest CFE charge rates, it still showed DAC to be 3000 or more KWH in a year. Exactly the same.

Sure the basic, intermediate top non DAC rates go up a small amount every month of so, but they always have.

Where is the major change? I don't see it. I see the same gradual monthly increase we have always had. I hope I am not wrong.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:10 pm

Yes, they seem to boost it every month. It has gone up substantially in the past 5 years or so. Almost double.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next