INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch out for this guy in the Tobolandia parking lot at the Chili Cookoff...

+16
HoneyBee
Chapala Drone
doc holiday
ferret
CHILLIN
RVGRINGO
CanuckBob
JayBear
dixonge
brigitte
Intercasa
slainte39
caligirl108
mexbound
Mrs. Rupert
Cincy
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Watch out for this guy in the Tobolandia parking lot at the Chili Cookoff... - Page 2 Empty Re: Watch out for this guy in the Tobolandia parking lot at the Chili Cookoff...

Post by HoneyBee Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:39 pm

Good one Bob

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Watch out for this guy in the Tobolandia parking lot at the Chili Cookoff... - Page 2 Empty Re: Watch out for this guy in the Tobolandia parking lot at the Chili Cookoff...

Post by CHILLIN Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:12 pm

Young boys in Mexico, at least, fear "La Chancla"
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:36 pm

Jeez, Mike. I thought we'd trained you better than that. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by phxfunguy Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:03 pm

When I first arrived here in 2010 Toño washed my car outside of the LCS without asking and then demanded $200. I knew better but wasn't sure how to handle him as he looked rather menacing and I didn't want him messing with my car when he saw it next. The berry seller nearby actually came to my rescue told him off for me as being "loco" and told me to give him no more than $40. I knew that was the Walmart lot price so I did and told him in Spanish never to touch my car or wash anyone's car without permission. He then moved on to in front of Mail Boxes Etc. (now iShop) and I made sure that I always made some small talk with him to keep him off the subject of asking for work. I heard all the stories about his multiple children and the one with cancer. Then he started the litany with "polish?" showing me some nondescript can with a greasy white substance in it...manteca for all I know. I then found my hook with him...I focused on teaching him to pronounce it "pah-lish" not "poh-lish" and that his Spanish accent made it sound like "polaco" or a person from Poland. "No one will ever know what you mean when you say it like 'polaco,'" I wisely counseled him. Of course he can't remember from one day to the next how to say it right, so that's my conversation with him as I try to get from my car to my mailbox and he no longer bugs me. So it can be done without f-bombs too.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Humor : Dual witted (Gemini)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2